What's new

Radar Related developments in Pakistan

xxc-jpg.286447
I can swear by that the lower left image from an IR sensor. And the image to it's right can be IR too or SAR. Anyways good development.

Really nice development.................

wasn't something like this already posted?

I can swear by that the lower left image from an IR sensor. And the image to it's right can be IR too or SAR. Anyways good development.

If you look closely, there is a IR camera on top of the radar, probably, to supplement it.

Actually i am looking for confirmation about the numbers of radars are produced and where it is deployed but it will take time i have some friends in PA. Lets see what is the real product and how much good it is. if any buddy get more info then plz share it.

There is already a thread and these information is available there

@Horus @WebMaster

please merge this thread into

Radar Related developments in Pakistan
I searched it before creating this thread but was unable to find it and now i don't know how to merge it.

I searched it before creating this thread but was unable to find it and now i don't know how to merge it.
I have mentioned mods they will merge it ...

Its no problem ..duplicate thread Happened to me many time before as well

Actually i am looking for confirmation about the numbers of radars are produced and where it is deployed but it will take time i have some friends in PA. Lets see what is the real product and how much good it is. if any buddy get more info then plz share it.
Don't know about production status but in first phase 250 radars were planned .. PA wanted to them to be placed on pak afg border

I need to know whats the gain of antenna in (dBm) and directivity and as there is multiple wave-ports so what is VSWR ratio, and a 3D radiation pattern. Reply from any Senior PDF member would be more than welcomed.

GSR ,Ground surveillance radar is a class of radar sensors that monitor activity surrounding or on critical infrastructure areas such as airports,[1] seaports, military installations, national borders, refineries and other critical industry and the like. Such radars are characterized by their ability to detect movement at ground level of targets such as an individual walking or crawling towards a facility. Such radars typically have ranges of several hundred metres to over 10 kilometers.

Pakistan's Ministry of defense production launched a Research and development project for completely indigenous production of a GSR in collaboration with EME and other departments of NUST.
A total of 39 Million Rs were allocated for R&D. The preliminary/Theoretical work was completed within an year with 20+ PHD students working on the project. The project was so successful that AESA and PESA technologies seemed conceivable within Pakistan's own expertise and resources.
International Microwave journal IEEE received and published dozens of research papers about Radar technology from the students working on this project. See project 274 on NUST website
NESCOM was given the task of further developing the AESA , PESA related research which branched out of this project. 300 Million USD were allocated for Pakistan's own dedicated Electronics R&D labs near Islamabad which had to be a subsidiary of NESCOM.
Unfortunately the labs never materialized in its desired form. Much of the funds dedicated for the lab were diverted to other civilian projects by PPP Prime minister Raja Pervez Ashraf.
A toned down NESCOM Electronics complex was completed in 2012,but was again a victim of financial corruption and could not do any mlre than manufacturing Motherboards for NRTC's Software defined radios.

The research on further development and building of a prototype GSR continued at NUST/EME
The project was started in 2006 and named "national Radar" or NR.

Over the years 3 versions were built and tested and in 2014 the Final prototype NR-V3 was accepted for production by Pakistan's Ministry of Defense production.

The Radar's Exact specifications are still undisclosed,but a learned guess is that the Radar has the capability of detecting Humans at 4Km range and Vehicles at 12Km range with an average accuracy of 96%.
The biggest challenge in any Ground surveillance radar is to identify target among clutter or reflections of trees,buildings and other ground objects. This was probably the biggest research project and many research papers were written by Pakistani PHD students on this subject during the project.
The final Algorithms was very robust and with accuracy of 96% or more.

All the components,including Antenna,transmitters,Receivers,Filters and software were designed,built and tested in Pakistan.
It is yet to be seen when the Radar will enter mass production and deployment on strategically important locations for area surveillance.

Some pictures of the project as below.
View attachment 286441 View attachment 286442 View attachment 286443 View attachment 286444 View attachment 286445 View attachment 286446 View attachment 286447 View attachment 286441 View attachment 286442 View attachment 286443 View attachment 286444 View attachment 286445 View attachment 286446

Pakistan's Home made GSR , Ground surveillance radar
im sure theres a thread for development of pakistani radars?

Good news indeed.
They sud start paying good money to students and researcher to encourage more people to develope or work hard..
Its for Pakistan why not pay extra to our students.
We sud put chains in thein necks who loot Pakistan's money.
Pakistan have so much potential we just need good people to run gov...

interesting to see fractal pattern show up in one of the antenna photos.

I have mentioned mods they will merge it ...

Its no problem ..duplicate thread Happened to me many time before as well

Don't know about production status but in first phase 250 radars were planned .. PA wanted to them to be placed on pak afg border
You are right but i heard some rumors that production didn't happen as planned(because of funds not provided)

im sure theres a thread for development of pakistani radars?
you are right but there is not much info there, and i found it after creating this one.

You are right but i heard some rumors that production didn't happen as planned(because of funds not provided)
A team with PHD qualified person is pursuing project to initiate pilot level (initial level) of production of these radar

Money invested and it paid well. More of such projects are badly needed.

Fund them, facilitate them, Encourage them and reap the benefits soon IN SHA ALLAH.

I had seen in some news that we are currently using GSRs at our western borders too. Any guess which one are those?
By the looks of them, I'd say they're from Thales.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom