What's new

Saudi Arabia in Pictures

Tropical forests of Southern KSA:

Largest palm groove in the world in Al-Hasa.

C5fEyg1U4AAkzp0.jpg:large

Some random photos that I just found:

C5fEygOUwAAGm6Z.jpg:large

C5fEygzVMAQXwW3.jpg:large

C5fEygQUoAEUVtb.jpg:large

C5f810EUYAAEjux.jpg:large

C5f813MUoAIodFp.jpg:large

C5e8y85U8AAq55N.jpg:large

C5e8y-WUsAM9tyL.jpg:large

C7wvpafX0AIrz43.jpg:large

C7wvpahWsAEpauW.jpg:large

C7w0n3sXgAEMDNq.jpg:large

C7w0n3rW0AELRqW.jpg:large

C7w0n5fXUAExMOj.jpg:large

C7w46MJXgAAzkIA.jpg:large

C7w46KcXUAEfdrs.jpg:large

C7kJWx-WsAADmqA.jpg:large

C7wuU_rXQAQKR7-.jpg:large

C7wuU_nX0AADI0E.jpg:large

C7wvpcTWsAEGULl.jpg:large

DDxGAYaXcAALhEq.jpg:large

Where is this 'rock art'?? These inscriptions are letters from the ancient aramaic language - hebrew from biblical times. Where are these located? Who is the actual source?

This person and his Twitter is very valuable. Visit profile.

https://twitter.com/AbdullelahFarss

8000 year old rock art:

DBp9X5QXcAM3Aw7.jpg:large

DBRuMlRXoAEPpmz.jpg:large

KSA has tons of rock art. Among the most in the world. Just google.

DGHSX6uXgAABMG3.jpg

DGHSX60XcAEi_Xv.jpg

DGHSX6uXUAAc9hz.jpg

DGHScorXsAArGL4.jpg

Where is this 'rock art'?? These inscriptions are letters from the ancient aramaic language - hebrew from biblical times. Where are these located? Who is the actual source?

Why is that surprising? Aramaic is a Semitic language which is closely related to Arabic. It was spoken in much of modern-day KSA before Arabic was spoken. By the way, Aramaic, is not Hebrew. Hebrew is a separate language but as Arabic closely related to Aramaic.

BTW Aramaic inscriptions is just one out of many different ancient inscriptions in various languages. It shows that Arabia was a crossroad of the world which it also is geographically and served as that already way back. In fact since the dawn of humanity when the first humans crossed out of Africa into Asia (Eurasia) or more specifically Arabia from the Southern route and Northern route.

Here is a excellent documentary although rather short with some 200.000 views:

I posted a link. That rock art and similar one is a World UNESCO Heritage Site. They are located across KSA but mostly the North and West. They are very numerous in numbers and many new sites are discovered.

Just google ancient rock art in Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou.
These areas must be towards the west, along the red sea coastline. I have interest in arabia felix, its been my topic of interest for last two decades. Bulls are not seen in arabia, they were mostly brought in from east-africa/egypt. These inscriptions suggest they have been produced by people migrating from east-african or egyptian lands. Send me other pictures similar to these. Very intriguing indeed. Good work. Thumbs-up.

DGHSX6uXgAABMG3.jpg

DGHSX60XcAEi_Xv.jpg

DGHSX6uXUAAc9hz.jpg

DGHScorXsAArGL4.jpg

Why is that surprising? Aramaic is a Semitic language which is closely related to Arabic. It was spoken in much of modern-day KSA before Arabic was spoken. By the way, Aramaic, is not Hebrew. Hebrew is a separate language but as Arabic closely related to Aramaic.

BTW Aramaic inscriptions is just one out of many different ancient inscriptions in various languages. It shows that Arabia was a crossroad of the world which it also is geographically and served as that already way back. In fact since the dawn of humanity when the first humans crossed out of Africa into Asia (Eurasia) or more specifically Arabia from the Southern route and Northern route.

Here is a excellent documentary although rather short with some 200.000 views:

I posted a link. That rock art and similar one is a World UNESCO Heritage Site. They are located across KSA but mostly the North and West. They are very numerous in numbers and many new sites are discovered.

Just google ancient rock art in Saudi Arabia.

DGAKS2mXoAAwx8v.jpg

DFrqXjwXYAA5oFR.jpg

DFhWuQZXkAEi-AD.jpg

DFWzkvTWAAA3JoS.jpg

DFBroW0XcAMYDKU.jpg

DFMnFbdXkAEKn1i.jpg

DE3uO4LXoAEnHUO.jpg

DEtypNAWAAUB56u.jpg

DEeZq_sXsAETXK1.jpg

DEUSl67XgAAw2Q6.jpg

DD_UOI_WsAUKbAd.jpg

DD1k0iuXoAIl_Gx.jpg

DDq5HwlXoAAlmxG.jpg

DDbDorpW0AIudO8.jpg

DC9LM3RXgAEoSkk.jpg

DCy83BdXgAAdGIj.jpg

DCo_nDzXgAAbR9t.jpg

DCef3J6XgAAz5MV.jpg

DCJw0I1XYAIOJFC.jpg

DB_QmVmWAAA2--w.jpg

Thankyou.
These areas must be towards the west, along the red sea coastline. I have interest in arabia felix, its been my topic of interest for last two decades. Bulls are not seen in arabia, they were mostly brought in from east-africa/egypt. These inscriptions suggest they have been produced by people migrating from east-african or egyptian lands. Send me other pictures similar to these. Very intriguing indeed. Good work. Thumbs-up.

It was my pleasure.

Yes, those areas (Al-Faifa mountains) are located in what is historical Southern Hijaz. This is one of the areas of KSA that have a climate somewhat reminiscent of the tropics hence the lush greenery all year round. In fact significant areas of Arabia (Arabian Peninsula) are impacted by a regional monsoon that is called khareef. Once this phenomenon covered almost all of Arabia making it one of the most fertile areas of the world and supporting large human settlements (some of the first in the world in fact). In fact not many millennia ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khareef

I have to say that I have no idea where cattle (bulls included) originate from in the world but I know that bulls reached the IVC from Arabian/Southern Mesopotamian (Semitic) civilizations. After all the first agriculture and domestication (large-scale) of animals occurred in the Arab/Semitic Near East (Levant, Northern Arabia, Mesopotamia).

The origin of cattle (domestication) also points to Mesopotamia and not East Africa and Egypt but I could be wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattle#Domestication_and_husbandry

Just ask if you want to know more. I will try to answer it or maybe someone else seeing your posts will.

Finally I can recommend you to take a look at this thread and the posts in that thread. A lot of very detailed posts covering a wide range of topics related to ancient Arabia.

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/one-...nt-tombs-discovered-in-ksa-from-space.443566/

BTW speaking about Egypt, did you know that Yemen and Southern KSA (Arabia Felix as coined by the ancient Greeks and Romans) has the second largest amount of mummies in the world after Egypt next door?

I will refer to the thread below and all the sources available in that thread:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paleolithic-tombs-discovered-in-yemen.281381/#post-6662914

BTW if you want some books and journals about ancient Arabia, give me a call, and I can recommend you quite a few excellent works. All in English.

Also google this Oxford professor. Michael Petraglia, who heads the group and is professor of human evolution and prehistory at the School of Archaeology, Oxford University.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-34170798

He recently started using Twitter (July 2017) and has already posted a few interesting things.

Great person who I have communicated with (I am a chemical engineer but nevertheless I have many interests in the fields of his study that I spent some time on as one of my many hobbies) on a few occasions. When he gets the time he is very helpful to answer any question in relation to ancient Arabia.

https://twitter.com/mdpetraglia

This person and his Twitter is very valuable. Visit profile.

https://twitter.com/AbdullelahFarss

8000 year old rock art:

DBp9X5QXcAM3Aw7.jpg:large

DBRuMlRXoAEPpmz.jpg:large

KSA has tons of rock art. Among the most in the world. Just google.

The one that interests me are these two. I can see the chariot with its wheels - fascinating - reminds me of a king. Red sea coast is worth investigating.

DE3uO4LXoAEnHUO.jpg

DC9LM3RXgAEoSkk.jpg

DCef3J6XgAAz5MV.jpg

Absolutely stunning, all the pics but especially these three. Sobhan'Allah 3ala 2ard el Islam.
Any record of when the last time these volcanoes were active, Sharif?

Quite closely related as a matter of fact. When you listen to Aramaic spoken, there are many similar words in Arabic.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom