What's new

Separatist Insurgencies in India - News and Discussions.

Oh dear! This is a sign India is falling apart! (application of Bull's reasoning)

Hopefully they can make India a part of China, indeed if they can!

Lal Salaam and all that Mao humbug stuff!

Should bring peals of joy to many!

It delights me that such earthshaking stuff is brought to my notice by the forum and my secretary requires fails!

Yes agreed that development should be launched by Govt of India for these poors.

If poverty is the only reason for Moist to fight against India than its easy to supress BUT than Poverty is everywhere in India why other people are not launching such fight if poverty is the only reason ???

Because most people protest in a peaceful manner dear!!

Here is a recent article about how poor people are protesting the governance and land laws:

India's poorest march on capital - International - eNews.ma

Rest assured, their voices will be heard!!

Thats how reforms are undertaken, and not by violent means.

Obviously, these Maoists believe that a violent form of Maoism is the solution to their poverty. We, being more knowledgeable, know that this is simply no true.
So it is the government's duty to ensure that the movement does not spread.

Already, the government seems to have woken up.
The paramilitary forces are being strengthned, and PM is taking initiatives to improve the conditions of the people, as well as quell the insurgents.

These insurgents do nothing except cause problems. They torture, rape and extort money to keep themselves alive, and at the same time claim to fight for the people!!

Police action, development key to solving Naxalism: Cabinet Secretary
27 Oct 2007, 2211 hrs IST,PTI

SMS NEWS to 58888 for latest updates
RAIPUR: The Centre on Saturday favoured a two- pronged strategy of continued police action and sustained development to resolve the Naxal menace in the country.

"Naxalism is a matter of great concern but police action along with development are necessary to tackle the menace,"
Union Cabinet Secretary K M Chandrasekhar said here.

Chandrasekhar, heading a Central team to Naxal-affected Chhattisgarh, was speaking after reviewing the works of as many as 13 departments of the state government.

He also reviewed the police strategy to counter Naxal menace and the Salwa Judum (anti-Naxal operation) in the state which was hit hard by the Left wing extremism.

The focus of the meeting with the state officials was development and tacking Naxalism, the Cabinet Secretary, flanked by Union Home Secretary Madhukar Gupta and other team members, told reporters.

The Central team was here for last two days to discuss the Naxal and other important issues with the state government, Chandrasekhar said.

"It would be difficult to say whether the number of Naxalites had dropped or increased in the last couple of years although various states had adopted multi-pronged strategy to deal with the issue,"
Gupta said.

The team, which arrived yesterday, comprised Intelligence Bureau Director, Secretaries and top officials from the Ministries of Home Affairs, Rural Development, Urban Development, Tribal Affairs, Panchayat Raj, Health, Road Transport, Power, National Commission for ST and Planning Commission.

The state government, on its part, sought clearance of development projects pending for long with the Centre, officials said. The state also asked for additional Central forces to deal with the Naxal menace and the Union Government agreed to look into the demand, they said.

"We are looking into the demand for more Central forces," Madhukar Gupta said.

Immediately after his arrival, the Cabinet Secretary met Chief Minister Raman Singh on Friday night and discussed the key issues of development and Naxalism, official sources said.

Raj Bhawan sources said security and development were the focus of discussion when the team called on Governor E S L Narasimhan, who was the Director of Intelligence Bureau before taking up his assignment in the Naxal-hit state.

Originally Posted by roadrunner View Post
Oh dear! This is a sign India is falling apart! (application of Bull's reasoning)

Much that it will warm the cockle of your heart, the damn Maoists are taking too long.

Send reinforcement!

I am being obtuse since it is a stupid point that has no relevance of facts to back up! and typical of the ill formed nonsense that drive thread up a gum tree!

Indeed, if there are facts, I would love to be educated.

Not really. The Maoist problem doesn't approach even close to the stuff going on in Pakistan.

Well, you obviously missed the point. But anyway, the Pakistani situation is much different. Noone is fighting for independence from Pakistan. the incidences are more to do with money disagreements or with foreign fighters. This is not the case with the seperatist movements like the Maoist movement and the Kashmiri movement in India. The scale of the problem is debateable. But I would say 20 in one day is comparable with the worst of Pakistan's fighting (perhaps the odd instance might be worse, but generally not).

Sena Lee,

Thank you for being so kind.

That area is Mao infested.

They should have been aware and taken precautions!

Sena Lee,

Thank you for being so kind.

That area is Mao infested.

They should have been aware and taken precautions!

Rebels are a worldwide problem, it is sad to see innocent civilians die like that.

Life is fragile as it is.

Well, you obviously missed the point. But anyway, the Pakistani situation is much different. Noone is fighting for independence from Pakistan. the incidences are more to do with money disagreements or with foreign fighters. This is not the case with the seperatist movements like the Maoist movement and the Kashmiri movement in India. The scale of the problem is debateable. But I would say 20 in one day is comparable with the worst of Pakistan's fighting (perhaps the odd instance might be worse, but generally not).

..neither are the maoists!!

The maoists want India to turn Maoist, not separate from India. Get it?

The same way the jihadis want Pakistan to turn in to a Talibanic state.

The state police has dealt with the problem with an iron hand, while ignoring development issues. Hence, the maoists are growing frustrated and increasingly ambitious.

On the brighter side, the government is taking thing seriously now that a major incident has occured.

..neither are the maoists!!

The maoists want India to turn Maoist, not separate from India. Get it?

The same way the jihadis want Pakistan to turn in to a Talibanic state.

The state police has dealt with the problem with an iron hand, while ignoring development issues. Hence, the maoists are growing frustrated and increasingly ambitious.

On the brighter side, the government is taking thing seriously now that a major incident has occured.

Well I don't know much of the Maoist, because the world isn't interested if India splits up. But that wasn't the point of my rather ironic quote. Anyway, India has a much worse problem than Pakistan with seperatists. Here's a quote from PM..

“There are no separatist movements in Pakistan but in India 21 separatist movements are taking place, thus India should not consider us a weaker nation”.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Back to my point. India will be fragmented before Pakistan is.

Well I don't know much of the Maoist, because the world isn't interested if India splits up.

That I believe is because the world doesn't believe that India is splitting up...

But that wasn't the point of my rather ironic quote. Anyway, India has a much worse problem than Pakistan with seperatists. Here's a quote from PM..

“There are no separatist movements in Pakistan but in India 21 separatist movements are taking place, thus India should not consider us a weaker nation”.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

There are some things worse than small localized separatist movements.

These things are called Internationally funded Religious Civil wars.

Back to my point. India will be fragmented before Pakistan is.

How strange do you think it is, that the only people in the world that believe that are the ones living in Pakistan?

Naxals kill 5 in Chhattisgarh

Raipur, October 29, 2007
First Published: 13:34 IST(29/10/2007)
Last Updated: 13:42 IST(29/10/2007)

Print
Email
IM on Yahoo
Add to Del.icio.us

Four special police officers (SPOs) and one police personnel were killed, on Monday, when the Naxalites fired at the police patrolling party in an insurgency-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh about 460 kms from the state capital. Atleast four other security personnel are injured and have been rushed to the hospital in a critical condition.

The Inspector General of Police, Bastar Range, RK Vij told Hindustan Times that the ultras attacked a team of security personnel who were patrolling and providing security to those involved in the concrete road construction project in Bijapur.

The police team retaliated the Maoist's attack immediately resulting into a brief encounter.

There were 16 SPOs and 4 district police personnel on duty when the ultras attacked them. The Maoists, who according to the police sources were more than fifty, fled into the jungle after retaliation.

"Our forces are into searching operation now and chasing the Naxalites," said Vij.

Additional Security forces led by the district police chief have already reached the spot.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Story...D=4583&Headline=Naxals+kill+5+in+Chhattisgarh

with due respect to my indian colleagues - i wait with bated breadth as to who will be blamed!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom