What's new

Surface To Air Missiles | Terror in the Sky.

sir what is the point in posting all this literature, i mean are you trying to point at the options we have to opt for as our SAM system or are you giving them just for our knowledge?

as far as i know we do not have these systems!

and if you think that they are the options we have can you please kindly prove your point!

:pakistan:

arsalanaslam123;SIR
THE ABOVE POSTED SYSTEMS, are only the options we have now, i guss we are still away from a militry show down, & thus we have safficiant time to adjust our guns!;)
i guss , i did mentioned the causes, why we need them read the post again kindly.:D

any news about the two deals we have been listening about, the SPADA and the FT2000, what is there status, when are we going to induct them or are we going to do so soon??

and about the HQ2 its great, any info about the quantity and the quality of this system in our use. where are they deployed, at border sites or at oue assets!!

any news about the two deals we have been listening about, the SPADA and the FT2000, what is there status, when are we going to induct them or are we going to do so soon??

and about the HQ2 its great, any info about the quantity and the quality of this system in our use. where are they deployed, at border sites or at oue assets!!

arsalanaslam123;dear
i certianly cant give you more thn this & this is enough , i guss!quality of the system is good but we need new ones now, HQ-2 already did their job long enough, now its time to get the new ones!:agree:
FT2000 is the most disscussed one in the PAKARMY circles but, till now we havent decided !:tsk::D

Even the last of the two remaining HQ-2 batteries is reportdly inoperational, but there's no credible report. FT-2000 isn't being bought in the current performance levels it currently has.

Even the last of the two remaining HQ-2 batteries is reportdly inoperational, but there's no credible report. FT-2000 isn't being bought in the current performance levels it currently has.

so it means we will be waiting for long! :cry: :cry: :cry:

this do not seems sensible to me atleast, i think we are neglecting one of THE MOST IMPORTANT part of our military strenght.
but what i think do not matters, atleast i am not in any position to enforce my thoughts,

but still i hold my right to say IT IS NOT GOOD :hitwall: TO NEGLECT THE SAMz PART OF OUR ARSENAL!!
and
THE GOVERNMENT MUST IMMEDIATLY LOOK AFTER THIS CHAPTER!!

May Allah Help Us!
:pakistan:

We need SAM more than modern fighter jet ,,,,,,,
if we have modern fighter jet fleet as PAF future planning ,we have ratio of 3:1 to INDIA ,,,,
If we have strong SAM system we can have fortified defence against both 4th generatin and 5th generation fighter jets ,,,,,,,,
Even stealth fighter jet like F22 raptors have major threat from SAM of enemy ,,,,
We have a great progress in missile technology but why not in SAM ,,,,,,,,,

nothing happening in this field or its classified ??????

Aspada is already put on order from pak army but it is not high altitude we need system like ukranian version of russsian BUK 52 air defence system we can get it from ukraine if we ask them any way uae also went for thaad air defece systemne

Buk 52 is still a medium range air defence SAM not a high altitude long range SAM.

We need SAM more than modern fighter jet ,,,,,,,
if we have modern fighter jet fleet as PAF future planning ,we have ratio of 3:1 to INDIA ,,,,
If we have strong SAM system we can have fortified defence against both 4th generatin and 5th generation fighter jets ,,,,,,,,
Even stealth fighter jet like F22 raptors have major threat from SAM of enemy ,,,,
We have a great progress in missile technology but why not in SAM ,,,,,,,,,

nothing happening in this field or its classified ??????
i 100% agree to this,

to counter the MRCA or the MKI we have to get an equally good system in equal or almost same numbers, on the other hand the SAM will be good like anything!

specially when we are discussing the surface-to-air missiles for Pakistan we must keep in mind that our aim and objective is to maintain Defensive deterance, and have no offensive aims so the SAM will be the best option!

Buk 52 is still a medium range air defence SAM not a high altitude long range SAM.
yes very true, but sir we do not have anything even comparable to this system, do we??

it will be a fine option but what i personally like (though it do not matters) is that we try to negotiate with russsians and get some of the chines SAM which are actually the Russian system so we may need there permission!

the S300 for example is i think the nest option for Pakistan, six to eight batteries of this system will be enough to secure all of our eastern border and some part with Afghanistan, chian are making it with the name HQ10 and also have developed more advanced versions!!!

spending a billion dollars (if we some how manage to get a hond on them) on this system may solve our problems for long period of time!!

Middle Eastern countries were using Russian technology and we cant say that Russians were lagging in SAM technology. To me till now its only the Russians that have a vast experience of building and deploying SAMs.

Perhaps sir you must know that this russian tech that you are talking about is far to old to be compared with 3rd & 4th generation planes used in Afghanistan /Iraq war. Scud missiles & a faction of missiles dating back to the timeline of 1960-1970s are no match for these planes. Every tech has an EXPIRY date & pehaps you must know that these Middle EAstern countries don't really pay heed to expiry dates thy just want some Divine intervention to protect them. HAHA:guns:

Perhaps sir you must know that this russian tech that you are talking about is far to old to be compared with 3rd & 4th generation planes used in Afghanistan /Iraq war. Scud missiles & a faction of missiles dating back to the timeline of 1960-1970s are no match for these planes. Every tech has an EXPIRY date & pehaps you must know that these Middle EAstern countries don't really pay heed to expiry dates thy just want some Divine intervention to protect them. HAHA:guns:

russians no way lack in the SAM technology....the S-400 is one of the best air-defence platforms on the face of the planet!

sir i guess you have no idea about russian SAM capability<just need to google the s-400 air defence system> sir sehbazi is the most knowledgable member here about this and i fully endorse his views.

thanx:guns:

Perhaps sir you must know that this russian tech that you are talking about is far to old to be compared with 3rd & 4th generation planes used in Afghanistan /Iraq war. Scud missiles & a faction of missiles dating back to the timeline of 1960-1970s are no match for these planes. Every tech has an EXPIRY date & pehaps you must know that these Middle Eastern countries don't really pay heed to expiry dates thy just want some Divine intervention to protect them. HAHA:guns:

I agree with your overall gist. Concernging first Gulf war, you may know that Iraqi also had western SAMs like Roland and Crotale. The Russian systems were SA-2, SA-3, SA-6 the short range SA-8 and then the shoulder-fired SA-7, SA-14 and some site even suggest the presence of SA-16. SA-16 is even now a modern MANPADS system.

Yes by 1990, these Russian and Western SAMs were not the state-of-the-art SAMs but then what could have Iraq done? buy S-300 in 1989? I mean this is the limitation of SAM systems.......You need a strong air force.

Unlike ME countries, the serbs did show some ingenuity and shot down F-117 stealth fighter with an old SA-3 Russian SAM which had been locally modified. But even this success was more attributable to intelligence information on Serb part and use of F-117 like a bus shuttle service on USAF part. But we know that even Serbs did not stop the NATO onslaught with these SAMs.

Recently Georgia did succeed in bringing down some Russian aircrafts with SA-11 Gadfly which again is not a state-of-the-art system in 2009. I mean that SAMs do score some kills but they are unable to turn the tables of the battle by themselves. If you have the funds problem, then priority should be given to upgrading your fighter fleet and bringing in some force multipliers like AEW, IFR etc.

Originally posted by:
paritosh

russians no way lack in the SAM technology....the S-400 is one of the best air-defence platforms on the face of the planet!

What are you talking about, you replyed to nightcrawler,s post, lets look at it once more:

originally posted by:
nightcrawler

Perhaps sir you must know that this russian tech that you are talking about is far to old to be compared with 3rd & 4th generation planes used in Afghanistan /Iraq war. Scud missiles & a faction of missiles dating back to the timeline of 1960-1970s are no match for these planes. Every tech has an EXPIRY date & pehaps you must know that these Middle EAstern countries don't really pay heed to expiry dates thy just want some Divine intervention to protect them. HAHA

Dear paritosh the disscusion here was that the middle east countries though using Russian tech were unable to defend themselves against the US palnes, the reason stated by nightcrawler is that THE SAMz BEING USED BY THOSE MIDDLE EAST COUNTRIES WERE TOO MUCH OLD AGAINST THE US OR ISRAELI PLANE, there is no point about the the S400, it is for sure one of the best, even the S300 if operating with full suppot and proper defensive shield could have proved itself enough for the US airplanes but what those countries had was way too old technology dating back to the 1960 era,,
i favour this point

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom