What's new

The future of air warfare: Bayraktar KIZILELMA

Nice, look like Bayraktar and not TAI that will develop this UAV that can be used as Wingman for TFX

1647092261381.png

1647092344334.png

What's the timeline looking like for the MIUS?

This is the 1st prototype. First flight next year.

Is there a frontal picture for that wingman UAV?

Not of the 1st prototype. This is not a wingman but an independent air combat platform (the first of its kind). However, it can be used alongside the TF-X.

1647095943150.png

Nice, look like Bayraktar and not TAI that will develop this UAV that can be used as Wingman for TFX

View attachment 823477

View attachment 823479

This a standalone air combat platform (but can be used with TF-X). TF-Xs wingman is currently being developed by TAI

Last edited:
This is not a Wingman project. TAI is working on the Wingman project. We expect it to seen this year.

BAYKAR MIUS (Kızılelma) is an unmanned fighter jet project. Block-1 will be subsonic, B-2 will be supersonic.

This is not a Wingman project. TAI is working on the Wingman project. We expect it to seen this year.

BAYKAR MIUS (Kızılelma) is an unmanned fighter jet project. Block-1 will be subsonic, B-2 will be supersonic.

@dBSPL

Is the airframe for MIUS aerodynamically considered to be a stable or unstable design ? What is Turkeys experience in developed a digital FBW for an unstable airframe?

@dBSPL

Is the airframe for MIUS aerodynamically considered to be a stable or unstable design ? What is Turkeys experience in developed a digital FBW for an unstable airframe?
It is very likely that MIUS will have an unstable design. The Hürjet Project actually harbored many technologies for us. One of them was Fly-By-Wire technology.

I heard it's a difficult technology. "I'm astounded how the Americans did this for the F-16 in the 1970s," said one person working on the project. Americans should be appreciated.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa) Vafadar 2 stolen - I ain't even mad. So much for AvRID taking this up to support the TFX :p
IMO this is more of a standalone UCAV that can double as a wingman, but being a wingman isn't its primary function. I think there's plenty of room for several loyal wingman programs modeled on low-cost design directions. E.g., an evolution of the Ra'ad ALCM.

This is the 1st prototype. First flight next year.

Not of the 1st prototype. This is not a wingman but an independent air combat platform (the first of its kind). However, it can be used alongside the TF-X.

View attachment 823504

This a standalone air combat platform (but can be used with TF-X). TF-Xs wingman is currently being developed by TAI

I dont think the first flight will be next year, most probably 2024. there should be ground test being performed and the time needed is quite similar with manned plane, about 1 year. The UCAV prototype hasnt even been completed

For efficiency of money, better this platform for stand alone and wing man platform made by Byarakar. Having similar platform made by two different companies is rather not efficient, particularly for developing countries who has less financial resources than country like USA or China.

Of course wingman can be used as stand alone UCAV as well.

I am not impressed. What a waste of human, material and financial effort and resources in this company in Turkey focusing on producing this instrument of war when it should have been also producing spacecraft that should land humans, even Turks, on Mars in six years time. Why be a Bayraktar UCAV company when it could be a company like SpaceX and Relativity Space. Forget being the future of air warfare, be the future of humanity in general.

Look like you still dont aware with what happened with Ukraine

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom