What's new

US Politics

Meet Republican Party's front-runner, you won't be disappointed.:D

cc03b3d2ae393adf3d2a1b1525bfd4e24c7d95e96a9909b93e5f31ab4bcbd736_1.jpg

Ridiculously Offensive Donald Trump Quotes

"Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not s'posedta say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?" –Donald Trump on Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina

"You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes.
Blood coming out of her wherever." –Donald Trump, insulting Fox News anchor Megyn Kelly over questions she asked during the first Republican primary debate

"He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people that weren’t captured." –Donald Trump on John McCain

"The man that wrote the second book ... didn't write the first book. The difference was like chicken salad and chicken s**t." -Donald Trump, on President Obama's books

"I think the only difference between me and the other candidates is that I'm more honest and my women are more beautiful." –Donald Trump, while teasing a presidential run in 2000

"I'll tell you, it's Big Business. If there is one word to describe Atlantic City, it's Big Business. Or two words – Big Business." –Donald Trump

"The beauty of me is that I'm very rich." –Donald Trump

“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ***”

“The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make US manufacturing non-competitive”

8446771a8c40260b42cafb2115cbfe8a.jpg

4 candidates have dropped out of the race.

Texas Gov. Rick Perry (Republican)

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (Republican) suspended his campaign on Sept. 21, citing an urgent need to "clear the field" to help defeat GOP front-runner Donald Trump.

Jim Webb (Democrat)

Lincoln Chafee (Democrat)

VP Joe Biden has decided against running for president.

With Joe Biden out of the race and her 11 hours Benghazi testimony, Hillary Clinton is leading with 41 point in the state of Iowa (Monmouth University poll)
Bernie Sanders is second with 24 points.

On the Republican front, Ben Carson is leading Donald Trump nationally.

bramhall-world-republican-debate.jpg

Third Republican debate

Speaking Time for Each Candidate
g-time-spoken-1446085370-desktop.png

Here are some of the highlights of the debate that I find interesting:

TRUMP: We can do a wall. We're going to have a big, fat beautiful door right in the middle of the wall.We're going to have people come in, but they're coming in legally. And Mexico's going to pay for the wall because Mexico --I love the Mexican people; I respect the Mexican leaders--but the leaders are much sharper, smarter and more cunning than our leaders.

KASICH: I went into Ohio where we had an $8 billion hole and now we have a $2 billion surplus. We're up 347,000 jobs.

When I was in Washington, I fought to get the budget balanced. I was the architect. It was the first time we did it since man walked on the moon. We cut taxes and we had a $5 trillion projected surplus when I left.

BUSH: But Marco, when you signed up for this, this was a six-year term, and you should be showing up to work.I mean, literally, the Senate -- what is it, like a French work week? You get, like, three days where you have to show up? You can campaign, or just resign and let someone else take the job. There are a lot of people living paycheck to paycheck in Florida as well, they're looking for a senator that will fight for them each and every day.

CRUZ: You know, let me say something at the outset. The questions that have been asked so far in this debate illustrate why the American people don't trust the media.

(APPLAUSE) This is not a cage match. And, you look at the questions -- "Donald Trump, are you a comic-book villain?" "Ben Carson, can you do math?" "John Kasich, will you insult two people over here?" "Marco Rubio, why don't you resign?" "Jeb Bush, why have your numbers fallen?"

How about talking about the substantive issues the people care about?

BUSH: And my record was one of cutting taxes each and every year. You don't have to guess about it, because I actually have a record. $19 billion of tax cuts, 1.3 million jobs created.We were one of two states to go to AAA bond rating, and our government spending was far less than the spending in people's income.

CARSON: Super PACs are a disaster. They're a scam. They cause dishonesty. And you had better get rid of them, because they are causing a lot of bad decisions to be made by some very good people.

RUBIO: OK.You know, the Democrats who have the ultimate super PAC, it's called the mainstream media.(CHEERING AND APPLAUSE)

TRUMP: But I feel that the gun-free zones and, you know, when you say that, that's target practice for the sickos and for the mentally ill. That's target. They look around for gun-free zones. You know, we could give you another example -- the Marines, the Army, these wonderful six soldiers that were killed. Two of them were among the most highly decorated -- they weren't allowed on a military base to have guns.

FIORINA: No, the Federal Government should not play a larger role.

Look, every time the Federal Government gets engaged in something it gets worse.

CHRISTIE: Carl, are we really talking about getting government involved in fantasy football?

(LAUGHTER)

We have -- wait a second, we have $19 trillion in debt. We have people out of work. We have ISIS and al Qaeda attacking us. And we're talking about fantasy football? Can we stop?

He wants to deport 11 million people immigrants though his own wife is Slovenian as you mentioned. Will he deport his wife first before deporting others?

I see. Well, they are married....

He wants to deport 11 million people immigrants though his own wife is Slovenian as you mentioned. Will he deport his wife first before deporting others?
That is ILLEGAL immigrants. Do you have a problem with that ?

The man got ego and his big mouth ain't gonna help. We are looking for a professional.

Community organizer good enough? Won 2 elections already. Pro.

Don't make me laugh with "We are looking for a professional".
Dear lord....you're looking for a messiah but you'll get (like you got in the past) a dynastic family rule. "We are looking for a professional" hahahahaha, good one. :lol: You (personally) are looking for someone to fill your little ears with stuff you want to hear "professionally".

Last edited:
1.jpg

What does Hillary Clinton believe? Where the candidate stands on 11 issues

BY RACHEL WELLFORD April 10, 2015

Hillary Rodham Clinton owns a singular resume: first lady, senator and secretary of state. She is also a lawyer who worked on the Watergate investigation and a four-decade veteran of campaigns. Add two-time presidential contender. Here is a look at where Clinton stands on ten key issues.

Education: Against No Child Left Behind. Position unknown on Common Core.

In her 2008 campaign, Clinton decried President George W. Bush’s trademark education program, calling No Child Left Behind an unfunded mandate and pledging to end it if elected. During a recent campaign stop in Iowa, Clinton indicated support for Iowa’s version of Common Core, but did not specifically endorse the national education standards.

Immigration: President should waive deportation for some immigrants. Give undocumented residents a path to legal status.

Clinton supports comprehensive immigration reform, including a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants. She voted for the 2007 plan endorsed by then President George W. Bushwhich ultimately died in the Senate.

Late last year, Clinton spoke in favor of President Obama’s executive actions to waive deportation for some immigrants illegally in the country.

Marijuana: “Wait and see” on overall legalization.

Clinton told CNN last year she wants to see more studies and research, especially in states which have legalized marijuana, before forming her opinion on the federal level.

NSA: More transparency. Find the balance between security, privacy.

Clinton believes the National Security Agency needs to be more transparent. In an interview in February, she also said that the nation needs to “draw a line” and generally find balance between security needs and privacy.

In 2014, when asked about Edward Snowden and his leak of classified security documents, Clinton stressed her concern for security threats and appreciation of intelligence she’d seen while in the Senate. She also questioned Snowden’s decison to flee the country and take refuge in Russia.

Obamacare: Keep it. Strengthen it. Tout it.

The former Obama cabinet member strongly supports the Affordable Care Act, telling NewsHour’s Gwen Ifill last year that Democrats should tout the health care law and run on its success, rather than running away from it. Clinton has said the law should be improved upon where possible. Clinton led a White House task force on health care in 1993. That plan included a mandate that all employers cover health care for their workers, but it did not get any traction in Congress.

Social Issues: Abortion should be legal. So should same-sex marriage.

Clinton is a staunch supporter of legal access to abortions. As secretary of state, Clintontold a Congressional hearing that, “Family planning is an important part of women’s health and reproductive health includes access to abortion.”

On gay marriage her stance has “evolved.” Clinton now supports same-sex marriage. But she has acknowledged that this was not always her viewpoint. Her conversation on the topic with NPR’s Terry Gross last year made headlines. Clinton recently blasted Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, tweeting that it was “sad.”

Taxes: Consider closing loopholes and cutting middle class taxes.

Clinton aides tell the New York Times that she is considering proposals to close corporate tax loopholes and cut middle class taxes as part of her campaign. In the past, she has indicated concern over concentrations of wealth by higher incomes, including at a speech last year where she said, “extreme inequality has corrupted other societies.”

She may propose to keep capital gains taxes below 20 percent, as she did during aprimary debate in 2008. In 2008, Clinton proposed suspending the federal gas tax for the summer as consumers faced rising prices at the pump.

Israel: Work toward a two-state solution. Do not necessarily freeze settlement building.

Clinton recently affirmed her commitment to a two-state solution in the conflict between Israel and the Palestinians. She said that the U.S. needs to return to a more constructive footing in the region, following tensions between President Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. She has differed with the president on the issue. Clinton also has said she would not have pushed to freeze Israeli settlement building in 2009.

Iran: Support framework for nuclear deal. Continue diplomacy efforts and some sanctions.

Clinton supports the current Iran framework and has praised President Obama and Secretary of State John Kerry for their diplomatic efforts. As secretary of state, she backed sharp sanctions against Iran, but has recently said additional sanctions, proposed by Congress, would be detrimental to striking a deal.

During the 2008 campaign, Clinton criticized Obama’s suggestion that the U.S. could negotiate with Iran without precondition.

Islamic State: No boots on the ground. Use regional troops.

Clinton believes the U.S. should use air support to fight the Islamic State, that American and other Western troops should not be fighting on the ground. Instead she argues that regional forces, especially the Iraqis, should provide ground troops.

Clinton wrote in her memoir, “Hard Choices,” that she pushed the Obama adminstration to become more involved in Syria earlier. During an August interview with The Atlantic, Clinton said the failure to help Syrian rebels directly led to the rise of the Islamic State.

TPP: Last week, Clinton said she did not support the Trans-Pacific Partnership as it currently stands. The deal – the largest trade agreement in history – cuts trade barriers, protects multinational corporations’ intellectual properties and sets labor and environmental standards.

169244_600.jpg

Ben Carson Fabricated Violent Juvenile Past, CNN Investigation Suggests

Jordan Chariton
November 5, 2015

Ben Carson has made his transformation from a violent boy to soft-spoken, responsible adult a cornerstone of his campaign, but a CNNinvestigation found no evidence to back up Carson’s claims of being a problem child.

On the campaign trail, the former neurosurgeon has recounted being an angry juvenile in his native Detroit — stabbing, throwing rocks at people, hurling bricks and beating others with baseball bats.

But through interviews with nine former classmates and friends, CNN was unable to verify any incidents supporting those claims.

Also Read: Ben Carson Topples Donald Trump Nationally

One former classmate told the network: “I don’t know nothing about that… it would have been all over the whole school.” Another classmate told CNN, “I personally do not have knowledge of those incidents… I wondered, ‘When did that happen?'”

A former friend of Carson said if he was as big a hothead as he described, it wouldn’t be a secret.”He got through his day trying not to be noticed… I remember him having a pocket saver. He had thick glasses. He was skinny and unremarkable.”

Also Read: Ben Carson's Campaign Surges After Controversial Muslim, Holocaust Comments

“CNN was unable to independently confirm any of the incidents, which Carson said occurred when he was a juvenile,” CNN reporters Scott Glover and Maeve Reston wrote in their online account.

Carson’s campaign declined to provide the network with any corroborating evidence of his violent past, calling the CNN investigation a “witch hunt.”

“Why would anyone cooperate with your obvious witch hunt?” campaign adviser Armstrong Williams wrote in an email last Friday. “No comment and moving on…… Happy Halloween!!!!!”

Also Read: Ben Carson's Former Patient Blasts Surgeon for Ruining Her Life: 'He's a Liar'

Carson is leading the RealClearPolitics average of national polls for the first time, narrowly edging Donald Trump 24.8 to to 24.6.

cjones11072015.jpg

Ben Carson and the Tale of Redemption

By Kevin Drum
Nov. 7, 2015

For those of you who may have missed it, the Wall Street Journal decided to check out another Ben Carson story yesterday. Here's the story as recounted in Gifted Hands, about Carson's time as a student at Yale:

• Ben is broke. Finds ten-dollar bill on sidewalk. Thank you, Lord!
  • A year later, Ben is broke again. Looks for ten-dollar bill, doesn't find one.
  • Ben gets notice that all the final exams in Perceptions 301 were accidentally lit on fire. He goes in for the retest.
  • The new test is really, really hard. A girl near Ben tells her classmate they should leave. "We can say we didn't read the notice."
  • Everyone starts leaving. Ben is conflicted. "I was tempted to walk out, but I had read the notice, and I couldn't lie and say I hadn't."
  • Eventually Ben is the only one left. The professor comes back in with a Yale Daily News photographer. The whole thing was a hoax, she said. "We wanted to see who was the most honest student in the class. And that's you."
  • Ben concludes the story: "The professor then did something even better. She handed me a ten-dollar bill."
  • End scene.
And now for a couple of comments that I've seen this morning. First, Atrios remarks that the story is simply not believable. And that's true. I assume that's why theJournal decided to check it out. It sounded completely phony, and they concluded that it was, in fact, phony.

Second, Adam Serwer tweets that most of Carson's deceptions and embellishments are unnecessary. His personal story is great without them. And generally speaking, that's true. But in this case it's not.

Here's the thing: the beating heart of Carson's personal story is about his redemption by God. So he says he had a violent temper as a kid, and then became a new man after praying in a bathroom one day. In fact, God turned him around so thoroughly that West Point offered him a full scholarship. He went to Yale instead, where the Lord took care of his finances when he was in desperate straits. And as a bonus, it was because of his Christian inability to tell a lie.

Are these embellishments unnecessary? Sure. But Carson knows his audience. Serious evangelicals really, really want to hear a story about sin and redemption. That requires two things. First, Carson needs to have been a bad kid. Second, redemption needs to have truly turned his life around. He was already a student smart enough to get into Yale, so he needs more.

That's where these stories come in. He needs to exaggerate how violent he was when he was young. And after he finds God, he needs to exaggerate how great everything turned out. This culminates in the absurd story about his psychology class. No one who's not an evangelical Christian would believe it for a second. But evangelicals hear testimonies like this all the time. They expect testimonies like this, and the more improbable the better. So Carson gives them one. It's clumsy because he's not very good at inventing this kind of thing, but that doesn't matter much.

Not all of Carson's deceptions follow this pattern. But several of them do. And they were far from unnecessary. Carson needed to sell his story to evangelicals, and that required a narrative arc as formulaic as any supermarket romance novel. So he gave them one.

download (1).jpg

What does Marco Rubio believe? Where the candidate stands on 10 issues

marco-rubio.jpg

BY[URL='http://www.pbs.org/newshour/author/geoffrey-guray/'] GEOFFREY GURAY [/URL]
April 13, 2015

He’s the son of Cuban immigrants. A law school student who got his political start as a congressional intern and rose to become Florida’s youngest-ever state House speaker. And his favorite hip hop songs come from N.W.A, Eminem and Tupac Shakur. But where does Marco Rubio stand on the issues? Here is a look at 10.

The budget: Balance it. Prioritize defense.
Rubio supports balancing the federal budget within 10 years and has long advocated freezing spending for everything but defense at 2008 levels. This year, the Florida senator proposed raising defense spending. He voted for the Senate Republican plan, which balances the budget and cuts $4.3 trillion in spending, including funds from Medicare and other programs.

Climate change: It is real. It is not caused by man.

In January, Rubio supported a Senate measure stating that “climate change is real and not a hoax.” On a separate vote, he opposed a measure stating that human activity contributes to changing temperatures. That reflects a consistent stance from Rubio that mankind is not having the effect on the climate that scientists portray.

Obamacare: Repeal it. Replace it with tax credits and fewer regulations.

Rubio has attacked the Affordable Care Act and wants to repeal it. His replacement proposal, outlined in a Fox News op-ed, calls for new tax credits to help people purchase insurance, revising health insurance regulations and reforming Medicare and Medicaid.

The Internet: Oppose net neutrality.

Last month, Rubio outlined strong opposition to “net neutrality”, or the new government policy that Internet providers should not charge different prices for different types of content. Rubio argues this gives the government too much power over winners and losers on the Internet.

Immigration: Work toward reform, piece by piece.

As a Senate candidate, the Florida Republican opposed a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who remain in the U.S. Then in 2013, Rubio joined the “Gang of Eight,” which drafted and pushed a comprehensive immigration bill through the Senate. The legislation set up criteria and a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants, and increased the size of the border patrol. After it froze in the House, Rubio told reporters he had changed his approach and is now pushing for separate bills to first stop the flow of illegal immigration and then address those in the country now.

Social issues: The Supreme Court decision on gay marriage is the law of the land. Ban abortion after 20 weeks. Marriage is between a man and a woman.

Rubio disagreed with the Supreme Court decision legalizing same-sex unions in all fifty states but said that Americans must abide by the ruling. Personally, the Florida senator told CNN that he believes marriage is between a man and a woman. Holding a nuanced position on Indiana’s Religious Freedom Restoration Act, Rubio believes some kinds of businesses, like wedding photography, should be allowed to turn away gay customers, and others, like hotels, should not.

On abortion, Rubio co-sponsored a 2013 Senate bill to ban abortion after 20 weeks since fertilization, making exceptions for the life of the mother, rape or incest.

Taxes: Cut corporate taxes to 25 percent. Simplify individual brackets. Add $2,500 child tax credit.

Rubio proposes to simplify the tax code, outlining his tax reform plan in an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal.

Rates for corporations would fall to 25 percent, and they would still be able to deduct the full cost of their capital expenses. Individuals would be subject to just two rates: 15 percent for those earning under $75,000, and 35 percent for those earning above that. Capital gains taxes would be erased and families would be eligible for a new $2,500-per-child tax credit.

Cuba: Block the Obama administration’s “normalization”

Rubio has vowed to block President Obama’s effort to work with the Castro-led government of Cuba and establish more normalized ties with its leadership. He argues the policy shift comes “at the Cuban people’s expense.”

In March, Rubio sent a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry, urging the administration to keep Cuba on its list of state sponsors of terror.

Iran: Toughen sanctions. Scrap proposed nuclear deal.

A hawk on Iran, Rubio told radio host Hugh Hewitt in February that the only acceptable deal with Iran is one that totally ends its enrichment program.

He was one of the 47 Senate Republicans who signed an open letter to Iran’s leaders, warning about potential Congressional opposition to the deal. Rubio’s position: Increase sanctions on Iran until its government “completely gives up its nuclear ambitions.”

Islamic State: Increase the president’s power to combat.

Rubio wants to increase the president’s power to attack the Islamic State group and has strongly opposed the Obama administration’s war powers request, which would set a three-year time limit and rule out “enduring offensive ground combat operations.” In addition, Rubio told Fox News he would like a permanent U.S. presence in Iraq to counteract Islamic State and other opposition forces.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/marco-rubio-believe-candidate-stands-10-issues/

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom