What's new

10 000 Hotmail accounts 'posted online'

UnitedPak

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Basically 10 000 hotmail passwords were posted online, the list starting with A and ending with B, which indicates that more lists might exist.

I would suggest that people change their @hotmail, @live, @msn passwords asap.

Hotmail accounts 'posted online'

Thousands of Hotmail passwords have been hacked and posted online, BBC News has learnt.

Microsoft, which owns the popular web-based e-mail system, said that it was aware of the claims and that it was "investigating the situation".

BBC NEWS | Technology | Hotmail accounts 'posted online'

:disagree:

my password does not start with A or B and also how will you guess the password out of those 10,000 password for your account and on top the dictionary exists of a lot more than 10,000 words

my password does not start with A or B and also how will you guess the password out of those 10,000 password for your account and on top the dictionary exists of a lot more than 10,000 words

Its the email addresses which start with A and B. The passwords for those email addresses were included in the list. Its likely they have more lists.

ah.. i have a list of half Million addresses.. which are usually sold for spam ( Though i dont do the same )....
Such lists are in circulation from a long time... Years actually.

ah.. i have a list of half Million addresses.. which are usually sold for spam ( Though i dont do the same )....
Such lists are in circulation from a long time... Years actually.

Its not just the list of Email Addresses... but also passwords of those email addresses

Back
Top Bottom