What's new

$10-BILLION FIGHTER DEAL HITS TECH-TRANSFER AIR POCKET

The retarded IAF leadership will soon realize how deceitful the Americans are.

Srsly though order a few more Rafels & double the order for LCA, this is the only way to develop a homegrown aerospace industry.

Better invest in LCA & develop our aerospace industry.

If Modi trust LCA, he won't have to start the single engine tender, won't he?

The issue is that LCA is untrustworthy and it's likely that it's role will be limited to moral boosting in parades. It's not combat ready. That is why India want single engine foreign plane.

India will soon realize that no one will part core tech except technology that India can easily develop. As a result, India will be relegate to manufacturer planes in deals and situation no different than MKI today.

The question now becomes if India is going to assemble planes, which one will it choose?

India will soon realize that no one will part core tech except technology that India can easily develop. As a result, India will be relegate to manufacturer planes in deals and situation no different than MKI today.

The question now becomes if India is going to assemble planes, which one will it choose?

It wil. Be rafale as reliance India have won the contract already to parts manufacture

f Modi trust LCA, he won't have to start the single engine tender, won't he?
Its not that simple.
India is facing another problem of manufacturing LCA Mark 1 / 1A fast enough to complete orders for 80 odd in next 6-7 years. therefore its not just the question of having faith in design but getting the product quickly as well.
for this the Single Engine Tender program is asking to create a parallel facility to assemble another 100 fighters in 7-8 years max.
However so many fronts are open now that it will create another pressure of adopting these fighters if different categories into its fleet for IAF. Therefore quick decision in this regard is urgently warranted.
but one thing for sure as @Storm Force has mentioned in his posts on the thread, Rafale numbers are going to increase and maybe India would look to use them as a buffer against slip up in 5th generation fighter induction which is almost certainly bound to happen now.

They have contractual obligations to a number of parties that guarantee them a share of the production of ANY F-16, so if F-16s are assembled in India, the Indian manufacturer will have source components from many parties worldwide, including Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Israel, Turkey?
These are actually the points that might spook IAF. The sub assemblies and parts will have to be sourced from various countries and would LM or USG stand guarantee for life long supply of these (as spares) over a period safely running upto 2045?
I guess not.
& here Gripen has an advantage. Gripen E is very young fighter and with Swedish AF committing to it, Indian Gripen career would run almost parallel to those in Sweden, a far more comfortable scenario.
gripen-development-timeline3000.jpg

SO while i'm still not sure if this SE fighter program would actually proceed meaningfully ( @Abingdonboy : your thoughts!), but if India has to split its requirement of light weight fighters into 100+100, Gripen E is best available option.

If Modi trust LCA, he won't have to start the single engine tender, won't he?

The issue is that LCA is untrustworthy and it's likely that it's role will be limited to moral boosting in parades. It's not combat ready. That is why India want single engine foreign plane.

Don't ever quote me again
I have been here a long time & I am fully aware of your indophobic tendencies

Back
Top Bottom