10 Reasons Desi Nashta Is Way Better Than English Nashta

ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
10 Reasons Desi Nashta Is Way Better Than English Nashta

By Ariba -

To start off a good day, one must have a good breakfast. I’m not referring to a bowl of cereal, an apple, or orange juice; but yes, some real desi-ness!! I’m talking about calorific, full of cholesterol real man’s naashta (well women’s too) .. Whether it’s a weekday or a weekend brunch, you can never go wrong with these!

1. Halwa Poori

cafe aisha / cafeaisha.com
Halwa Poori is always on top of everyone’s list.. It is a heavenly combination of sweet halwa, spicy chick peas or aloo, and incredibly soft poori’s. Just something everyone would love!

2. Anda Paratha

wordpress / sortofnomad.files.wordpress.com
Anda paratha is the ultimate claasic.. with a beautiful, crispy layered partha and your choice of egg, your mornings could not get any better!

3. Nihari

sahos 24 / sahos24.com
The extravagant nihari is one of Pakistan’s most famous dish. In Lahore people serve this as a breakfast with naans and Kulcha. In Karachi its a lunch and dinner meal.

4. Paaye

k foods / blog.kfoods.com
The thing about paaye is that they are messy. Because of all the gelatin, they are really sticky. If you don’t like getting your hands dirty, then they are not for you. Perfect choice for the winters!

5. Aloo k parathay

spice up the curry / spiceupthecurry.com
Aloo k parathay needs no explanation! They’re just amazing! With a yummy aloo filling and a side of green chutney.. Ahh.. Perfection!

6. Chai and Rusk

blogspot /fooddreamers.blogspot.com
Wanna eat something light? Not feeling too good? Still want to have a desi breakfast? Chai and rusk is the answer! Perfect for supper as well!

7. Qeema aloo

wordpress / fortheloveofyum.wordpress.com
Classic qeema aloo is a simple dish with potatoes or peas; it’s delicious either way! Have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner.. who cares? Om nom nom nom!

8. Sarson ka saag

flavors of mumbai / flavorsofmumbai.com
This veggie dish prepared with mustard leaves and spices is no ordinary dish! With a tarka of desi-ghee and fried garlic .. makes the dish so aromatic and heavenly!

9. Makki ki roti

food gawker / photo2.foodgawker.com
Prepared with maize flour, hot makki ki roti with a dallop of butter is something out of this world! Pair it with sarson ka saag and it just gets better! Perfect winter dish!

10. Murgh cholay

recipes fab / recipesfab.com
Chicken and perfectly cooked chickpeas with paratha is a perfect dish to devour in breakfast! Forget how much oil it has, it’s loaded with protein haha!

Sorry to disagree despite being patriotic, desi food is tasty but healthy....not really!!! especially halwa-pari; A mixture of tons of cholesterol rich oil, a ton of sugar in de-fibered ultra-fine starch... is perfect recipe for health disaster.
Saag is great; healthy and tasty.
A glass of milk, fresh juices, berries, a boiled egg. fresh fruits, yoghurt, freshly ground and brewed coffee.

like and dislike is a very subjective thing. westerners cant even think of eating chai paratha or halwa puri for breakfast, just like we dont eat what the japanese do. so its not possible to say in definite terms which is 'better' cause different people have different tastes. i love both pancakes with maple syrup but also hotel wala chai paratha :p

This is Delhi's favourite breakfast
N7B5t8QLwIUkY4q.jpeg

Right now who actually cares about the pros and cons of this food. I am so freaking hungry and this all is making me even more hungry. :/
I miss Lahore Ki food. :( :( :(

These are all my favourite breakfast except this puri and too oily paratha. Always prefer using minimum or medium olive oil for making parathaz. I like partha with kurry pakoraz and i am taking about kurry made of lassi/yoghurt.

Cholesterol !! Ghee, oil and fat teamed with no physical excise recipe for heart problems !! This one reason beats all your 10 reasons hands down !

Sorry to disagree despite being patriotic, desi food is tasty but healthy....not really!!! especially halwa-pari; A mixture of tons of cholesterol rich oil, a ton of sugar in de-fibered ultra-fine starch... is perfect recipe for health disaster.
Saag is great; healthy and tasty.
A glass of milk, fresh juices, berries, a boiled egg. fresh fruits, yoghurt, freshly ground and brewed coffee.

Morning should be okay, as you will have enough physical activity to burn energy through the day. Its dinner that should be the concern.

Morning should be okay, as you will have enough physical activity to burn energy through the day. Its dinner that should be the concern.
Not really if you calculate the calories in the desi breakfast and the calories consumed during the day by modern office workers.
Furthermore desi food is extremely unbalanced and lacks essential vitamins, mineral and proteins; mainly or only consisting of fats and starch.
These are the aspects of culture which need to change with awareness and education about health.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom