What's new

11,500 terrorism incidents in Pakistan during 2010: report

11500... these might be casualities or altogether incidents, not in just one year.
I never thought uncle sam was that bad at math... now i new why they are in recession.

11500... these might be casualities or altogether incidents, not in just one year.
I never thought uncle sam was that bad at math... now i new why they are in recession.

Uncle doesnt know whether hes coming or going. Hes gonna end in tears.

The 11,500 number is worldwide. Here is a paragraph from the 2010 USA State Department Report

NCTC OBSERVATIONS RELATED TO TERRORIST INCIDENTS STATISTICAL MATERIAL
Over 11,500 terrorist attacks occurred in 72 countries in 2010, resulting in approximately 50,000 victims, including almost 13,200 deaths. Although the number of attacks rose by almost 5 percent over the previous year, the number of deaths declined for a third consecutive year, dropping 12 percent from 2009. This decline reflected a combination of two factors: a decrease in the number of attacks causing more than five deaths along with an increase in attacks causing no deaths. For the second year in a row, the largest number of reported attacks occurred in South Asia, which also had the largest number of victims for the third consecutive year. More than 75 percent of the world’s terrorist attacks and deaths took place in South Asia and the Near East.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/170479.pdf

Well , I have to say, you really lived up to your name, thanks for showing the truth. 11,500 for Pakistan alone in 365 days was a unbelievable stat.

This thread shows how screwed up journalists can be. How the Geo people could so misread the State Department report, not even questioning the logic of the 11,500 number, shows gross incompetence.

Walaikum Salam

I would ask him, would blowing up a bus filled with innocent people help bring your parents back to life?

REZA

Assalam alaikum

No even this guy who is not educated knows it won't bring them back, but he will reply the most civilized or so called west bombed a country of millions for only 3000 dead. Revenge makes u blind

TARIQ

Assalam alaikum

No even this guy who is not educated knows it won't bring them back, but he will reply the most civilized or so called west bombed a country of millions for only 3000 dead. Revenge makes u blind

TARIQ

I understand what you are trying to say brother but revenge is a dish best served cold. I know the rage inside must be burning but we must rise above it and out of travesty we must become stronger!

This thread shows how screwed up journalists can be. How the Geo people could so misread the State Department report, not even questioning the logic of the 11,500 number, shows gross incompetence.

You banged it right on. The media just gives it out without any reasoning, they would have not for one second thought that how is 11500 attacks in one year possible??, These people are really taking their freedom across the fine line between freedom of media and gross incompetence.

The 11,500 number is worldwide. Here is a paragraph from the 2010 USA State Department Report

NCTC OBSERVATIONS RELATED TO TERRORIST INCIDENTS STATISTICAL MATERIAL
Over 11,500 terrorist attacks occurred in 72 countries in 2010, resulting in approximately 50,000 victims, including almost 13,200 deaths. Although the number of attacks rose by almost 5 percent over the previous year, the number of deaths declined for a third consecutive year, dropping 12 percent from 2009. This decline reflected a combination of two factors: a decrease in the number of attacks causing more than five deaths along with an increase in attacks causing no deaths. For the second year in a row, the largest number of reported attacks occurred in South Asia, which also had the largest number of victims for the third consecutive year. More than 75 percent of the world’s terrorist attacks and deaths took place in South Asia and the Near East.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/170479.pdf

Thanks TruthSeeker. That was a really good post. Cleared all the confusion about the report. It is actually screwed media of Pakistan that was responsible for relating all these world wide incidents with Pakistan. Pathetic media indeed.:hitwall:

Do you not think 11,500 terrorism incidents in a year is a bit too many? The number above is the combined number of incidents in 72 countries not only in Pakistan. See the US State Department report here: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/170479.pdf Never the less have you noticed that most of the terror attacks in Pakistan are conducted by the Taliban? Are they not the real enemy, “from within” and not from without, set to destroy Pakistan? The sooner this is realized and the sooner the Taliban are identified and neutralized, peace will return to the great nation of Pakistan and the region.

Have we not seen Taliban create mayhem in every walk of Pakistani life? Have they not claimed responsibility for most of the attacks through their gloating mouthpieces, videos and letters to the authorities and the media? Is it not time for every peace loving person of the region to stand up to these atrocities and demand their right for peace. The future of the coming generations depends on this peace… Would you not agree?

CDR Bill Speaks
DET – United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Do you not think 11,500 terrorism incidents in a year is a bit too many? The number above is the combined number of incidents in 72 countries not only in Pakistan. See the US State Department report here: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/170479.pdf Never the less have you noticed that most of the terror attacks in Pakistan are conducted by the Taliban? Are they not the real enemy, “from within” and not from without, set to destroy Pakistan? The sooner this is realized and the sooner the Taliban are identified and neutralized, peace will return to the great nation of Pakistan and the region.

Have we not seen Taliban create mayhem in every walk of Pakistani life? Have they not claimed responsibility for most of the attacks through their gloating mouthpieces, videos and letters to the authorities and the media? Is it not time for every peace loving person of the region to stand up to these atrocities and demand their right for peace. The future of the coming generations depends on this peace… Would you not agree?

CDR Bill Speaks
DET – United States Central Command
U.S. Central Command

Sir jee, they believe the pakistani taliban is an american , india and israeli creation .Hence they don't consider it an internal threat . That is the point .

No body here is mentioning that who has funded such a huge level of terrorism incidents in Pakistan. The answer is still very unclear. But we definitely know that some big global powers are involved in destabilizing Pakistan and they are injecting billions of funds to support these kind of activities. but i salute the Pakistani nation who has face such acts with great courage and bravery.

Back
Top Bottom