What's new

15 Jordanian F-16 for sale

Deleting my.comment..Bad joke..
All sorted. Thanks for understanding.

You are a member here and you will determine the quality and direction this forum takes. Since you are here, i assume you will only want this place to get better so we should do it together. Thanks

C/d cant counter rafael ... we need upgrades to block 70 standard
I think with Trump in charge, this might be Pak's best chance to get upgrades to block 70 standard if Pak has the money...
...yes Trump is moody/erratic...but one thing u can't deny is he loves money flowing into the country. He gave no shits about KSA killing Kashogi just bcuz of billions of dollars worth of deals with KSA.

IMO same might apply to Pak buying Jordanian and other used F16s as long as US gets the contracts to upgrade them...again granted if Pak is gonna pay.

Trump will not be against money rolling into US economy. As for leverage he will only use the military/economic aid Pakistan gets from US. The only drawback I can see is that once Pak gets additional F16s and upgrades...the more leverage US will have for as long as Pak relies on those F16s(for repairs and spares).

C/D are enough to counter rafale borders are tooo close therefore Radars have no much advantages
The ultimate dog fighter is enough for rafales in dog fights.thats all........PAF thought..
Unfortunately no ... We do not have AIM 9X and hence no HOBS ... We might face Rafael in BVR fight but within WVR fight and HOBS advantage, they will kill F16 without getting in line of sight ... We will be putting our pilots in kill zone if we put F16 in front of Rafael considering we already have numerical inferiority as well ...

If we get all of those would be excellent no need for third platform.Good for another 20yrs so PAF can continue with JF17 and fith Gen plans. It still best potent platform with AESA upgrade can counter indian Rafale easily.

Last chief in an interview on the topic already provided his view on third platform in Defense and diplomacy interview
No such platform as introducing a third platform is cost prohibitive

Unfortunately no ... We do not have AIM 9X and hence no HOBS ... We might face Rafael in BVR fight but within WVR fight and HOBS advantage, they will kill F16 without getting in line of sight ... We will be putting our pilots in kill zone if we put F16 in front of Rafael considering we already have numerical inferiority as well ...
Aim-9x is just damn as simple Aim 9
Not a big issue i think
HOBS can do what good Sir???

Not a big issue i think
only if a-darter can be mated to f-16; then all bets are off; completely leveled playing field. Looking forward to a-darters on jf-17. just a matter of time they show up on the thunders. from what i know the testing has been off the charters in terms of performance. now time to start fielding them with clients.

Last edited:
I've visited the official website of the Royal Jordanian Air Force a couple of times this month, and seen only one Tender for Aircraft Sales. And there was no mention for F-16's in it. Oddly, that Announcement/Tender can't be accessed anymore.

The Jordanians have received quite a few F-16 last year from Belgium and the Netherlands...

But still no info on those F-16's...

I think with Trump in charge, this might be Pak's best chance to get upgrades to block 70 standard if Pak has the money...
...yes Trump is moody/erratic...but one thing u can't deny is he loves money flowing into the country. He gave no shits about KSA killing Kashogi just bcuz of billions of dollars worth of deals with KSA.

IMO same might apply to Pak buying Jordanian and other used F16s as long as US gets the contracts to upgrade them...again granted if Pak is gonna pay.

Trump will not be against money rolling into US economy. As for leverage he will only use the military/economic aid Pakistan gets from US. The only drawback I can see is that once Pak gets additional F16s and upgrades...the more leverage US will have for as long as Pak relies on those F16s(for repairs and spares).

I would agree with you about Trump's obvious love of money.

But I think some folks are whispering into his ear regarding his anti-Pakistan stance.

Whether that is from the Indian lobby or Israeli lobby I don't know.

Point is...Pakistan would need ALOT of money thrown his way to outweigh the political influences of his anti-Pakistan stance.

But I think some folks are whispering into his ear regarding his anti-Pakistan stance.

Point is...Pakistan would need ALOT of money thrown his way to outweigh the political influences of his anti-Pakistan stance.

It has to be Indian as Israelis have good relations with Pakistan.

Not a big issue i think
Read what HOBS is ... it will give the capability to pilot of the other aircraft to target just by seeing it through his helmet ... he need not to come even in line of sight to get a lock ...

If Pak could afford it and let's say goes for a 1:1 upgrade to counter the 36 Indian Rafales...that's 36 F16s that would be upgraded to Block 70. Also I assume Pak would select those either from F16 A/Bs if they have a substantial amount of airframe hours left or get those F16 Block 70 newly built. Pak wouldn't select the ones for upgrade from F16s of Block 52 since they are already capable enough and not enough return has been made on the money spent on them(in terms of use).

So now coming to the 36 F16 A/B(or newly built) upgrade to Block 70. It would definitely be worth a few billion dollars. It would include pilot training, possible upgrades to flight simulator, spares, additional training of the maintenance crew, newer weaponry(longer range missiles to take advantage of the AESA), etc. A couple billion dollars can't be ignored...especially by Trump. He would sideline any concerns by India. US has been known to sell weapons to both sides rather than sticking to one side(unlike Russia).

But then again Pak isn't Qatar. It has limited resources, which are already invested in JF17(Block III) and project Azm.

If we get all of those would be excellent no need for third platform.Good for another 20yrs so PAF can continue with JF17 and fith Gen plans. It still best potent platform with AESA upgrade can counter indian Rafale easily.

US will not allow Pakistan to upgrade its F-16s with AESA. Same reason why PAF received F-16 Block 52s without them: to please India. Most of the military hardware provided was for the WoT and not against India. Same reason why US refuses to sell it latest air-to-air missiles as well.

And given that Pakistan and China are getting closer strategically and militarily, getting such weapons will be harder to come by. It would be better if PAF moved away from the F-16 and focus on something more realistic.

US will not allow Pakistan to upgrade its F-16s with AESA. Same reason why PAF received F-16 Block 52s without them: to please India. Most of the military hardware provided was for the WoT and not against India. Same reason why US refuses to sell it latest air-to-air missiles as well.

And given that Pakistan and China are getting closer strategically and militarily, getting such weapons will be harder to come by. It would be better if PAF moved away from the F-16 and focus on something more realistic.
yes, lets see. there is nothing to stop them from replacing them with a 3rd party radar but i doubt there is any inhouse knowledge how to completely integrate it to the remaining micro-code. It is doable for sure and will break the monopoly held by LM.

Aesa Sales or third party integration restrictions would not be to please India, but to help Lockheed secure a sale of Block 70 F-16s. If Block 70 deal doesn't go through, then trump could be persuaded to allow Pakistan to buy Turkish AESA radars (As Well as MLU and DRFM EW pods; called MEHPOD) if American companies get to sell major components as part of the upgrade; such as Avionics, Comms equipment, HMS Helmets, Engine Rebuild, more munitions (A2A, A2G, and Anti-Ship), and pay to be part of some exercises (like Red Flag) with the upgraded equipment; especially the new avionics and comms.

Now the Turks will have to program in all those munitions; including the Aim-120C5 the PAF already operates if they want the Sale, in exchange the PAF would buy Hundreds of Bozdogan BVR missile and Gokdogan WVR Missile (High Off Boresight Design), as well as any future development.

The unknown capabilities (to India) of these missiles will allow Pakistan to develop tactics to match those offered by the Rafale in Air to Air Combat.

http://www.f-16.net/forum/download/file.php?id=23044&t=1&sid=e7b3fb27f54f21cde012638b9ea000c3
http://worlddefencenews.blogspot.com/2018/03/turkeys-first-home-made-air-to-air.html
https://www.aselsan.com.tr/en-us/press-room/Brochures/Electronic-Warfare-Systems/MEHPOD_ENG.pdf

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/gokdogan.htm
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/europe/bozdogan.htm

Last edited:

These r ur assumptions if they can sell us they can upgrade them as well. When they sold Blk 52 they were top Notch.They sold Us Aim120c that time was biggest inventory outside US. They r business ppl they don't care Pak is not threat to them why they bother about indian perceptions?Did india bothers about US interest when they bought Rafale?

Let this new Govt to go through I can bet our third Aircraft can be American too.
Americans wants and will get theior of pie in Pak won't give whole to China and its interest of pak as well to not put everything in China basket. EXXONMOBIL is coming its a start eventually All theior Giants will come not to many country have papulation about 220 millions.

Back
Top Bottom