What's new

1904 China map admits Paracel, Spratly not Chinese territory

then they need to launch another war and they also have to win that war,you may go to Japan and request them to do that,good luck.

we never post anything from Chinese media,and since when Reuters,BBC,Wikipedia...become communist propaganda channels??

The Qing Dynasty was defeated in the First Sino-Japanese War (1894–1895) and Taiwan and Penghu were ceded in full sovereignty to the Empire of Japan. Inhabitants wishing to remain Qing subjects were given a two-year grace period to sell their property and move to mainland China. Very few Taiwanese saw this as feasible.

Taiwan

The Qing Dynasty was defeated in the First Sino-Japanese War (1894–1895) and Taiwan and Penghu were ceded in full sovereignty to the Empire of Japan. Inhabitants wishing to remain Qing subjects were given a two-year grace period to sell their property and move to mainland China. Very few Taiwanese saw this as feasible.

yes,history is history,nothing can change it.just like the fact that Japan was defeated in Second Sino-Japanese War.and lost all they got so if they want to get them back they need to launch the third war,so you can ask them to do so and see if they listen to you.

Taiwan

Taiwan was under the control of Qing at that time so it surrendered Taiwan to the French. But I don't see how China could have surrender Vietnam to French as Vietnam was not under Chinese control. I read some where on the post that when China lost a war to French, China ceded Vietnam to French? Wasn't Vietnam already an independent country or was Vietnam still a vassal to Qing dynasty at that time? Was China's relationship with Vietnam similar to that of Korea? I know that Chinese emperor regard the Korean king was a vassal. But I don't think Chinese emperor regard the Vietnamese emperor as a vassal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Taiwan was under the control of Qing at that time so it surrendered Taiwan to the French. But I don't see how China could have surrender Vietnam to French as Vietnam was not under Chinese control. I read some where on the post that when China lost a war to French, China ceded Vietnam to French? Wasn't Vietnam already an independent country or was Vietnam still a vassal to Qing dynasty at that time? Was China's relationship with Vietnam similar to that of Korea? I know that Chinese emperor regard the Korean king was a vassal. But I don't think Chinese emperor regard the Vietnamese emperor as a vassal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Whether a "vassal" or "a province" or "under the influence"... but the fact that China has run away quickly every time the French attacked Vietnam.
Conclusion: China likes bullying countries smaller and weaker, but if it faces with strong countries, the Chinese immediately wet their pants. :cheesy:
What a shame for a bully but cowardice. See Nanking.

In the first France Vietnam war, 1858-1883 we lost this war when France troops over flooding Hanoi. One year later 1884, France Navy attacked China for open free trading only, other than stop interfer of Qing into Vietnam. In fact after losing of Hanoi, many troops of Viets went to China, are waiting for chance to regain independence for Vietnam.

Vietnam,Korea,Ryukyu are all vassals of China. They all have Kings just like Chinese王,there is no emperor in the three vassals.

Whether a "vassal" or "a province" or "under the influence"... but the fact that China has run away quickly every time the French attacked Vietnam.
Conclusion: China likes bullying countries smaller and weaker, but if it faces with strong countries, the Chinese immediately wet their pants. :cheesy:
What a shame for a bully but cowardice. See Nanking.

finally you admitted that your country is small and weak,good start,and we help you many times in 1970s and 1960s,why can't you just fight for selves,why do you always need outside help,just because you are small and weak?

finally you admitted that your country is small and weak,good start,and we help you many times in 1970s and 1960s,why can't you just fight for selves,why do you always need outside help,just because you are small and weak?

Just like China needed help from Great Britain and US in second world war.

Just like China needed help from Great Britain and US in second world war.

we helped each other that's why we were called allies,after showing you are such a history illiterate,you still have the courage to show up,haha,you lost your bet just now.

Because we were always bullied by a bigger neighbors. But this guy is always wet his pants when he faced with other powers.

Vietnam,Korea,Ryukyu are all vassals of China. They all have Kings just like Chinese王,there is no emperor in the three vassals.

Korea has kings. But from what I read, Vietnam has emperors that is regarded as equal to China. But at the same time, it also regard Chinese emperor as superior. That is why its confusing. There seems to be two different type of relationships between China and Vietnam. Unfortunately, the Vietnamese here would rather troll instead of answer my question. So I'm still as confused as before. finally, things I can find online are just as confusing.

Korea has kings. But from what I read, Vietnam has emperors that is regarded as equal to China. But at the same time, it also regard Chinese emperor as superior. That is why its confusing. There seems to be two different type of relationships between China and Vietnam. Unfortunately, the Vietnamese here would rather troll instead of answer my question. So I'm still as confused as before. finally, things I can find online are just as confusing.

The Chinese King identified himself as "son of heaven", and wanting to surrounding smaller countries become "vassal" state. But the Kings of the dynasties of Vietnam did not accepted, so there were a lot of wars between the two feudal states of China and Vietnam.
The Vietnamese never accepted that Kings of China as "superior", except when we were defeated. And that is the cause chinese kings sent troops to invade Vietnam many times.

we fought US in 1950s India and USSR in 1960s,what other world powers do you mean?

It was France, 6 powers ...
USSR and India were not who have come to invade Asia.

The Chinese King identified himself as "son of heaven", and wanting to surrounding smaller countries become "vassal" state. But the Kings of the dynasties of Vietnam did not accepted, so there were a lot of wars between the two feudal states of China and Vietnam.
The Vietnamese never accepted that Kings of China as "superior", except when we were defeated. And that is the cause chinese kings sent troops to invade Vietnam many times.

It was France, 6 powers ...
USSR and India were not who have come to invade Asia.

At the time when French invaded Vietnam, was Vietnam a vassal state of China?

Back
Top Bottom