What's new

1920's eNgLiSh SoNgS - MONEY BACK GURANTEE

B+ Dracula

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ruth Etting | Biography
Ruth Etting | Biography
Rising to fame in the twenties and early thirties, Ruth Etting was renowned for her great beauty, her gorgeous voice and her tragic life. She starred on Broadway, made movies in Hollywood, married a mobster, had numerous hit-records, fell in love and was known as America’s Sweetheart of Song.

NEVERTHELSS:
LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME 1929
IT ALL DEPENDS ON YOU 1927
DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT 1933
Ruth Etting - Dancing in the moonlight (1933) - YouTube
EASY COME EASY GO - 1934 (EXTRACT FROM MOVIE)
Ruth Etting - Easy Come, Easy Go - 1934 - "No Contest!" - YouTube
IN THE CHAPPEL OF THE MOONLIGHT
Ruth Etting - In the Chapel in the Moonlight (1936) - YouTube
DANCING IN THE MOONLIGHT
Ruth Etting - Dancing in the moonlight (1933) - YouTube

@cnleio @pigtaker @Raphael @55100864 @Tractor @tranquilium @Jlaw @TaiShang @Edison Chen @STEVEN囧@Jguo @AKIRAKUMA @itaskol @aliaselin @terranMarine @Sanchez
@Dem!god @Manticore @farhanalee7 @Nexus @jbgt90 @Akheilos @Ghareeb_Da_Baal @VCheng @Marshmallow @joekrish @Butchcassidy @genmirajborgza786

From my first impression:

1. Beautiful flapper girl
2. New money mentality
3. Aggressive, career oriented woman, which is great!
4. Great voice
5. Her voice reminds me of Lana Del Rey's. :lol:

A little before my time but I'll look into it

It's interesting that in the 'states and western europe, during the ecnomic boom of the 1910's and 1920's, there was a liberalization of women's rights and feminine roles in society. After the economic depression, the roles were...re-oriented into a more conservative stance (as per pre-flapper age). Interesting how financial security dictates such social dynamics eh?

Your view?

It's interesting that in the 'states and western europe, during the ecnomic boom of the 1910's and 1920's, there was a liberalization of women's rights and feminine roles in society. After the economic depression, the roles were...re-oriented into a more conservative stance (as per pre-flapper age). Interesting how financial security dictates such social dynamics eh?

Your view?

It has to do with the economic times. When times are good people get more rights...when times are bad things get conservative.

For instance things are good in say Saudi Arabia and thus women press to get more rights. If things were bad they wouldn't even ask.

From my first impression:
1. Beautiful flapper girl
2. New money mentality
3. Aggressive, career oriented woman, which is great!
4. Great voice
5. Her voice reminds me of Lana Del Rey's.

A little before my time but I'll look into it
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT......BUT I ASSURE YOU I LISTEN EVERYTHING
ENGLISH COUNTRY SONGS
MODERN 70-90 ENGLISH SONGS
NEW ERA ((NOT MUCH)) ...EXCEPT FEW
FOLK MUSIC
ARABIC / FRENCH / TURKISH / INDIAN..............I will share them gradually w.r.t time :coffee:

Actually an OLD SOUL resides in my body :D

PAUL ANKA DIANA

Try this beautiful jazz singer out:
:yahoo: I know her.... she also sang .....Ruth Etting song "it all depends on you"

FIRST FRENCH SONG SHARING
..........OLD FRENCH SONG..........

..PLZ SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE....

Last edited:
:yahoo: I know her.... she also sang .....Ruth Etting song "it all depends on you"

FIRST FRENCH SONG SHARING
..........OLD FRENCH SONG..........

..PLZ SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE....

Ha ha ha! Wonderful, my friend! Love it!

I came to learn about old music from playing Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas. Those games don't have music from 1920s but do have some from 30s, 40s, 50s.

Back
Top Bottom