What's new

1971 PAF Fighter Pilots, 14 Squadron, Dacca, "Where are they now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dear Chindit:

I do not know what your motivations are, but here I am paying homage to a group of pilots who served their country, however, you have turned my homage into a "but, you see, the squadron commander did bad things!!!".

You have made your point, using of course, a PAF pilot (Haider) as your source. Now PLEASE STOP. I said "please".

As soon as you decide to let us know your agenda in posting these negative things, please DO let us know.

In the meanwhile, I wish you the very best....:cheers:

My dear Chindit:

I do not know what your motivations are, but here I am paying homage to a group of pilots who served their country, however, you have turned my homage into a "but, you see, the squadron commander did bad things!!!". :

brother, I appreciate what you are doing. heroes are to be appreciated. my point is one of the pilots on your list does not deserve to be appreciated. its an insult to the rest of the pilots to include him there. thats all.

so who wrote the book you scanned i.e. flight of the falcon

brother, I appreciate what you are doing. heroes are to be appreciated. my point is one of the pilots on your list does not deserve to be appreciated. its an insult to the rest of the pilots to include him there. thats all.

Point taken. However, in the overall scheme of things the commander still deserves credit, albeit much less than his colleagues, because he was 'there' in the most trying of circumstance: a determined, overwhelmingly sized enemy, supported by a local populace in open rebellion.

Bro, i don't understand it!!! Before '71 or after '71?

:hitwall::hitwall:...er.....it is called 'irony': the PAF "involuntarily" provided almost 20 year old Sabres at the end of the 'war' to the nascent 'BD'AFand then after relations were ...er....ehmmmm....'normalized', 'voluntarily' provided 30 year old F-6s (MiG-19) to the BDAF in the 1990's (I believe).

:cheers:

:hitwall::hitwall:...er.....it is called 'irony': the PAF "involuntarily" provided almost 20 year old Sabres at the end of the 'war' to the nascent 'BD'AFand then after relations were ...er....ehmmmm....'normalized', 'voluntarily' provided 30 year old F-6s (MiG-19) to the BDAF in the 1990's (I believe).

:cheers:
:blah:
As a result of the war we found those birds. You could provided some new aircraft at least F-7s then.

Last edited:
1f9e32be276f74ae3a99c547c9a642d6.jpg

Air Cdre. Inam ul Haq - Resides in Rawalpindi; retd as Air Mshl
Wng. Cmdr. Afzal Choudhury - Resides in Lahore
Wng Cmdr. S M Ahmad - Shaheed
S/ L Javed Afzaal - Resides in Lahore; flew with PIA for some years
F/L Saeed Afzal - Shaheed
F/O Shams ul Haq - left air force in 1976 and now retired living in Edmund, Oklahoma
F/L Schames ul Haq - Residing in Karachi, Retired Grp Cpt
F/O Shamshad - Recently died in Dubai?
F/ L PM Qureshi - Residing in Islamabad, Retired AM COAS
F/L Khalil Ahmad - Residing in Islamabad, Retired Pakistan Customs
F/O Sajjad Noor - Residing in Rawalpindi
Sqn. Ldr. Dilawar Hussain - Residing in Islamabad, AM, Kamra "Boss"
Flt Lt Rasheedi - Residing in Dubai, flying for a pvt airline
Air Cdre Mahmud Gul - Residing in Islamabad
F/L Ata - Retired AVM, living in Karachi
F/L Zaidi - UNKNOWN
F/O (?) Shams - Nicknamed "Chitta" (White) to differentiate from the other two Shams' in Dacca, Left Air Force is in Saudi Arabia flying for a private airline.

May God bless these pilots and their families - their true reward is with God, for no Man can reward a warrior.

An addition to the above roster and this is one is a TRUE hero for he laid his life down and remained unrecognized to the best of my knowledge till Sajad Haider's mention in his book:
Flight Lieutenant Safi Mustafa, fighter pilot extraordinaire (as per AC Sajad Haider) who achieved shahaadat at the end of the Mukti murderers while doing his job laying his life on the line as a Mobile Observation Unit.

What makes this situation even more tragic is that Mustafa had been transferred to EP after just getting married. He left behind a young bride.

Once again: His reward is to be in the company of God, for us mortals do not deserve his company.

Last edited:
An addition to the above roster and this is one is a TRUE hero for he laid his life down and remains unrecognized to the best of my knowledge till Sajad Haider's mention in his book

unrecognized? He was recognised at that time itself - awarded the Sitara award just like Haider and the above.

The truly unrecognized and unrewarded people were the 30 or 40 PAF MOU airmen that were with Mustafa and killed along with him. No one even knows their names.

I salute them eveytime i see a figher jet in the skies .. because of all of them we are alive and breathing !

FL LT. Hameed Asghar Shaheed 17 December 1971 , Gotki Railway Station by Indian bombing.

May Allah bless him with eternal peace. Ameen

unrecognized? He was recognised at that time itself - awarded the Sitara award just like Haider and the above.

The truly unrecognized and unrewarded people were the 30 or 40 PAF MOU airmen that were with Mustafa and killed along with him. No one even knows their names.

YOU....again. You are WRONG : Mustafa was awarded the SJ, indeed but not till 1994 after his wife (a remarkable story herself) ran from pillar to post for him to be recognized. So he did remain unrecognized when it mattered the most. Mustafa has a son now who is an architect in Dubai.

I suggest to my friends who live in Karachi, to if they can, visit the school and salute this wife of a Warrior who did not remarry, became a airline professional, left the industry, and setup a school for the underpriviledged in Karachi in her husband's memory. Sadqa-e-Jaria and may God bless.

http://thegarageschool.org/2007/11/12/how-it-all-began/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom