What's new

1971 PAF Fighter Pilots, 14 Squadron, Dacca, "Where are they now?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU....again. You are WRONG : Mustafa was awarded the SJ, indeed but not till 1994 after his wife (a remarkable story herself) ran from pillar to post for him to be recognized. So he did remain unrecognized when it mattered the most. Mustafa has a son now who is an architect in Dubai.

I suggest to my friends who live in Karachi, to if they can, visit the school and salute this wife of a Warrior who did not remarry, became a airline professional, left the industry, and setup a school for the underpriviledged in Karachi in her husband's memory. Sadqa-e-Jaria and may God bless.

How it all began

good for safi mustafa. but atleast his recognition has come in 1994 - right? its not like it came to light when sajad haider wrote about it in 2009.

that apart as i said earlier the thirty or so men who died with him are still unrecognised. not even their names are recorded in history.

Mustafa was awarded the SJ, indeed but not till 1994 after his wife

spoken too soon. Your PAF History 1988 book Saga of Courage and Honour apparently lists Mustafa's name and shows him as having been awarded the SJ. Now i dont know (and dont care ) about why his wife wrote that. but its not 1994. His award was made much earlier if it appears in the 1988 book.

spoken too soon. Your PAF History 1988 book Saga of Courage and Honour apparently lists Mustafa's name and shows him as having been awarded the SJ. Now i dont know (and dont care ) about why his wife wrote that. but its not 1994. His award was made much earlier if it appears in the 1988 book.

You REALLY ARE A VERY SOUR TROLL. You have made it a habit of trying to tarnish my posts. DO ME A FAVOR AND BUGGER OFF. Next time you see a post from me just do not tangle with it okay? just assume it is wrong because a) it says something positive about the PAF which bothers you to no end, and b) since it is post by me.

I do not care what "my" AF history says. His wife says it was 1994 and so it is. She ought to know - she was the one who had to receive it.

good for safi mustafa. but atleast his recognition has come in 1994 - right? its not like it came to light when sajad haider wrote about it in 2009.

that apart as i said earlier the thirty or so men who died with him are still unrecognised. not even their names are recorded in history.

Mr. Nit Picker PAY ATTENTION: I said that I DO NOT BELIEVE that he was recognized till Sajad Haider's book. It turns out that he was. It 'came to light' TO ME when I read the book. Prior to reading the book, I had not heard of him.

Let me nit pick: he had 20 people who were murdered by the Indian sponsored Mukti not 30.. AM Inam has a very poignant write up of how he visited the jail in which they were kept prior to being murdered by the Mukti employing the tactics taught to them by their Indian masters.

"we had only a limited number of MOUs. The Units were deployed five miles apart and close to the border towards north and east of Dacca, these being the likely approaches of low level raiders. When the civil disobedience started early March and insurgency commenced in earnest, Mukti Bahini started killing our vulnerable soldiers and other West Pakistanis, in cities and around cantonments, wherever they could lay their hands on them. MOUs being dispersed in hostile surroundings were, thus, sitting ducks for the insurgents. MZ ordered their withdrawal back to Dacca. Only a few could return, while others were massacred as happened in Mymensingh Sector. There, Flight Lieutenant Safi Mustafa, an able pilot and good professional (and newly married), was the MOU Squadron Commander. He collected his troops (about 20 or so in number) but they were overwhelmed by large number of Mukti Bahini. They arrested the MOU personnel and put them in an underground cell of the Civil Jail at Mymensingh. When the military action started on 26th March, all these helpless men were massacred in cold blood, becoming victim of hatred of Bengalis towards the West Pakistanis. I visited the Jail later and found etching and writing, etc on the walls. It was a very moving experience, even when recollected today. I called the Superintendent of the Jail to my office. He cried and said that Mukti Bahini outnumbered his staff and he was helpless in saving the MOU personnel. At the end he said something very odd: “Hindu blood still runs in our veins”."

GO AWAY.

Let me nit pick: he had 20 people who were murdered by the Indian sponsored Mukti not 30.. AM Inam has a very poignant write up of how he visited the jail in which they were kept prior to being murdered by the Mukti employing the tactics taught to them by their Indian masters.
GO AWAY.

no... i wont GO AWAY.. as you put it.

Check your PAF history again. they officially state that 35 in total were killed . :devil:

Now the thing is, I see all these pages of PAF shaheeds on the internet and in books. What exactly did these 35 poor souls do not to be included in any list? maybe you should address that first instead of complaining that one medal was awarded late.

You REALLY ARE A VERY SOUR TROLL. You have made it a habit of trying to tarnish my posts. DO ME A FAVOR AND BUGGER OFF. Next time you see a post from me just do not tangle with it okay? just assume it is wrong because a) it says something positive about the PAF which bothers you to no end, and b) since it is post by me.

I do not care what "my" AF history says. His wife says it was 1994 and so it is. She ought to know - she was the one who had to receive it. .

Dont flatter yourself. I really dont care what you think or do.

What i do care is to set record straight.

Yes go ahead and dont believe what the 1988 History said. I am sure the authors had a time machine to see what happened in 1994 and included it in the 1988 book.

I take it that you will not go away: it is after all very difficult to get rid of a leech. So here goes:

Dear Mr. Nit Picker: the PAF history mentions 35 in TOTAL - Safi had 20 of them. His was not the only MOU murdered by the Indian-trained Mukti murderers.

With regard to Safi Mustafa, prior to Sajad Haider's mention I (as in I, me, myself) HAD NOT HEARD OF HIM. Not having the luxury of time that you have I did not read the 1988 PAF History with the MICROSCOPE that you used in order to go off on your hateful anti-PAF rantings.

Therefore, when I HEARD OF HIM FOR THE FIRST TIME, I did some digging and saw his wife's posting on when she received the award.

It is quite possible that Mustafa was awarded appropriately but she did not actually receive it till 1994. Since the PAF is just such a useless, claptrap organization, that is how they work (just to head of one of your anti-PAF rants).

As far as the remaining shaheeds are concerned: absolutely they should be recognized, but to repeat myself:
"Since the PAF is just such a useless, claptrap organization, that is how they work (just to head of one of your anti-PAF rants)."

Now that you have succeeded in turning this erstwhile attempt on my part to compliment a PAF pilot thread, into another one of your "PAF stinks" rant, I compliment you on your success rate against your enemy that you hate with such vitriol (unlike, say for example, the IAF, your success rate for achieving your 'spoiler' role is pretty high: congratulations, well done boy:toast_sign:)

Is this hateful vitriol congenital? Is it in your DNA? I guess you cannot help doing what you are programmed to do - fulminate, rant, and rave against the PAF. What has the PAF done to you that you hate it with such a lunatic passion? Shoot down and kill someone you knew?

I pity you for you are excellent at being hateful, what a pitiful waste of life yours is.....

BOTTOM LINE: you in your hateful rant are complaining about 20 Pakistanis who were not recognized for their shahaadat. Are you the only one who does not see the irony ( I guess your hate blinds you): such a hateful person standing up for people who were murdered by Indian-trained murderers. These shaheeds, I am sure, thank you from the bottom of their hearts. They were murdered by their enemy, and now, one from their enemy nation is complaining that they were not recognized by their organization....WOW.

GO AWAY.

Last edited:
With regard to Safi Mustafa, prior to Sajad Haider's mention I (as in I, me, myself) HAD NOT HEARD OF HIM. Not having the luxury of time that you have I did not read the 1988 PAF History with the MICROSCOPE that you used in order to go off on your hateful anti-PAF rantings.

Good atleast you are reading it now.

BOTTOM LINE: you in your hateful rant are complaining about 20 Pakistanis who were not recognized for their recognize. Are you the only one who does not see .. blah blah blah blah .......one from their enemy nation is complaining that they were not recognized by their organization....WOW.

I will ignore whatever intentions you attribute to me.. but the bottom line is - they are still unrecognised by the PAF..

Fat chance :D

Good atleast you are reading it now.

I will ignore whatever intentions you attribute to me.. but the bottom line is - they are still unrecognised by the PAF..

No - I do not have the book - I am simply making a logical conclusion. You are the one who needs to pay attention and read carefully before you start claiming numbers etc. - but you cannot help it being the congenital hater that you are, you are compelled to criticise first by your very DNA, and think later.

I have conveyed to AHQ, PAF that they are a sorry organization for not meeting Chindit's stringent standards and therefore should dissolve themselves. They have stated that they will absolutely comply with the desires of Chindit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom