What's new

1971 War Facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I damn sure that if india ran into such a position as pak faced in 1971 Indian soldiers would have surrendered even without fighting.

Why do you think Indians will not fight?

We are not different from you...

We are just as brave as you, we are very good fighters, and we are the next Superpower...

Indians will fight real hard if they are forced... We are NOT cowards...

So better you stop speaking against India, and focus on your own mistakes.

Ask the Human Rights groups in Bangladesh, check their records, their old newspapers, look what sort of destruction Pak army did there...

http://www.gendercide.org/case_bangladesh.html

Yes Ferrair 007 brother! Indains can fight. But i do not think that a situation like 1971 will come as of nuclear detterence.

Why do you think Indians will not fight?

We are not different from you...

We are just as brave as you, we are very good fighters, and we are the next Superpower...

Indians will fight real hard if they are forced... We are NOT cowards...

So better you stop speaking against India, and focus on your own mistakes.

Ask the Human Rights groups in Bangladesh, check their records, their old newspapers, look what sort of destruction Pak army did there...

http://www.gendercide.org/case_bangladesh.html
Yes we can fight but thats not what makes a super-power. We aren't going to be a super-power anytime soon.

Not even us evil hindus???
Ok, I don't say that any particular religion must be an analogy for the
deeds for a nation. If we put Jews in Israel as Zionists it does not mean that
every Jew is one. There is an organization, Jews against Zionism which
wants peace and labels the state of Israel as a rift between societies. So
my point is no Hindu ought to be labelled or stereotyped against. I have met
dozens of Indians ( Hindus and Sikhs) and all of them i have seen are very
tolerant of Pakistan whereas Afghan's are the heart of anti Pakistan propoganda.
They think we sent the Soviets, we destroyed their nation and we shall pay
for their leader's neglects' towards administration of the torn apart country.

After reading Hamoodur Rahman report, I came to the conclusion that 1971 war was inevitable. Even in my student days at the New Hostel of Govt College Lahore, I found that most of the East Pakistani exchange students were quite resentful. One with whom I used to play chess; used to say that all the foreign exchange was earned thru export of Jute and all the industries were set up in West Pakistan. Bengali was language of 100-million people and the Quaid insisted Urdu to be the national language of whole Pakistan.

Whether one likes it or not, two nation theory had its flaws. There is such a thing as common heritage. For example I find that I have more in common with a Punjabi/North Indian Hindu and Sikh regarding food, dress and language than a South Indian Muslim from Kerala or Tamil Nadu. MujiB admitted that he was trying for a separate homeland from 1947.

With a hind sight, probably a very loose federation with the Bengalis could have been worked out. Regrettably xenophobia is a very strong centrifugal force and most people are vulnerable. It takes a very tolerent and visionery leader to overcome this, which we lacked in Pakistan. Indians of course took advantage of the situation and reduced the pin prick of Pakistan to half the pinprick. ( Not my phrase but a quote from an Indian colleague during one of the heated discussions in London)

But sadly didnt work...:cry:
You post did not serve as a catalyst to send me out of my mind.
Not at all. I felt obliged to reply back without the fear of being
cussed at.

Apart from all other aspects. Answer this:

HOW IN THE HELL IS IT POSSIBLE FOR 90 THOUSAND ARMY MEN TO SURRENDER WHO ARE MUSLIMS? 90 thousand anyone realize how many those are?

Are you surprised about Muslims surrendering or 90,000 surrendering.?

HOW IN THE HELL IS IT POSSIBLE FOR 90 THOUSAND ARMY MEN TO SURRENDER WHO ARE MUSLIMS? 90 thousand anyone realize how many those are?

Actually it was only 90, we put the ZERO's after that to make it 90,000. and only 9 out of 90 were real pakistani's, those were the western's, other 81 were bangladeshi's.

Actually it was only 90, we put the ZERO's after that to make it 90,000. and only 9 out of 90 were real pakistani's, those were the western's, other 81 were bangladeshi's.

Adu......lol!!!

It is indeed shameful but only 40,000 or so were Armed Forces personnel.

Indians made the 40 into a 90 and termed them all "military POWs".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom