What's new

1986: How India and China almost went to war

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's due to blast power reducing as the cube root of distance, not because of anything else.
Exactly, and that's the point. There are some people who have claimed that THOUSANDS of nuclear warheads would be needed to destroy a continental sized country like China, Russia and the United States. This is absolute nonsense and I point it out because it has gained some traction despite having the most obvious of answers. Saying otherwise is comparable to saying the existing nuclear weapons are not effective because bacteria would easily survive a total and complete nuclear saturation attack of China. People are not bacteria and even singular tactical nuclear strikes against key infrastructure like the Three Gorges Dam, 2nd generation nuclear power plants, have a multiplier effect far far larger than you would expect from just looking at the explosive power of the bomb itself.

All I am saying about the Brits is that they held out against German blitzkriegs and the RAF played a major role in convincing Hitler to rather invade Russia than invade Britain.
Contrary to British propaganda, it was easy for the British to hold out against the Germans because they were up against a clearly inferior German navy. The German air force was the best in Europe and they could not even come close to achieving air superiority let alone think of a land invasion of Britain because it would have been suicide. In the end, German air campaigns ended up being punitive campaigns against Britain. Anybody saying otherwise is simply repeating the allied written history who ignore the facts that the German air campaigns in Britain were a dismal failure and didn't even come close to achieving air superiority for a followup invasion of the British Isles.

The invasion of the USSR was not as a result of the failure of the British campaign but because Hitler didn't want to fight a 2 front war. It was ALREADY planned by Germany and Hitler was simply carrying out the plan because Britain would not sign a peace treaty but also had no capability to do any damage to Germany on the western front. It wasn't until the United States entered the war that the western front became a significant problem for Germany.

Indians on this forum have an inferiority complex to china. Even a mad man knows china's army, navy and airforce are atleast 5 timrs stronger, yet these indians keep on coming back to more and more bollocks. Its like facts dont get in their head.

India should just accept that she is behind China in almost every aspects, just like China is behind the US.

India should use that as a motivation the way China used the the centurty of humiliation and US as a motivation to surpass the West.

There is no shame in admitting you are behind. I don't understand how Indian thinks posting video of Chinese rocket crash or some made up video claiming that China space walk is fake is going to make India ahead of China. Even the most technologically advanced country in the world have rocket crash and people claiming the moon landing was fake. :-D

The fact that people are trying to deligitimize China's accomplishment inorder to make their country feel better is pretty lowly.

China has done an amazing job these last 30 years lifting more people out of poverty than any country in history.

In addition, chinese have more humility than India in regards to foreign policy. I think Chinese foreign policy are prudent as it doesn't force feed people to believe in ideology like democracy or communism.

The majority of Chinese don't see China as a superpower or even want China to be a superpower policing the world like the US. Even Chinese leaderships reject "China superpower status". Chinese doesn't have that kind of delusion of superpower status.

In merely a generation, China has turned in itself into a backwatered agriculture country on bicycle, to the second largest economy in the world with the fastest growing car owership. I say the government should be given a medal for doing all this thing without colonialism and war. The chinese slaved away for 30 years of back breaking work for greedy Western corporation to get to where they are today, now they are saving enough money to buy the corporation. I say more power to them. They earned it.

I admire China and Chinese people hardwork despite the constant bombarment of racist, sinophobic bs from the white media.

slaves of the CPC working in sweat shops tend to know little of the world around them. u are told to believe something that does not exist. i pity you

Indians talking slaves? The entire Indian lineage were slaves for 2 centuries under Great Britain. Even today, India remains the largest farm of modern slavery -- bonded labor.

I can't believe why you would talk about slaves when India is the single largest source of slaves in the world today.

India should just accept that she is behind China in almost every aspects, just like China is behind the US.

India should use that as a motivation the way China used the the centurty of humiliation and US as a motivation to surpass the West.

There is no shame in admitting you are behind. I don't understand how Indian thinks posting video of Chinese rocket crash or some made up video claiming that China space walk is fake is going to make India ahead of China. Even the most technologically advanced country in the world have rocket crash and people claiming the moon landing was fake. :-D

The fact that people are trying to deligitimize China's accomplishment inorder to make their country feel better is pretty lowly.

China has done an amazing job these last 30 years lifting more people out of poverty than any country in history.

In addition, chinese have more humility than India in regards to foreign policy. I think Chinese foreign policy are prudent as it doesn't force feed people to believe in ideology like democracy or communism.

The majority of Chinese don't see China as a superpower or even want China to be a superpower policing the world like the US. Even Chinese leaderships reject "China superpower status". Chinese doesn't have that kind of delusion of superpower status.

In merely a generation, China has turned in itself into a backwatered agriculture country on bicycle, to the second largest economy in the world with the fastest growing car owership. I say the government should be given a medal for doing all this thing without colonialism and war. The chinese slave away for 30 years of back breaking work for greedy Western corporation to get to where they are today, now they are saving enough money to buy the corporation. I say more power to them.

I admire China and Chinese people hardwork despite the constant bombarment of racist, sinophobic bs from the white media.

China's economy is half the size of the US's, but growing 10 times faster; India's economy is 1/4 the size of China's and growing 20% slower. So India is not behind us just like we're behind the US.

There is only 1 field where India is better than China, which is English software service outsourcing, however, China has respectable competition to the US in scientific fields such as photonics, quantum communications, supercomputing, carbon electronics and nanotechnology.

China's economy is half the size of the US's, but growing 10 times faster; India's economy is 1/4 the size of China's and growing 20% slower. So India is not behind us just like we're behind the US.

There is only 1 field where India is better than China, which is English software service outsourcing, however, China has respectable competition to the US in scientific fields such as photonics, quantum communications, supercomputing, carbon electronics and nanotechnology.

I'm make a general comparison, but you are right. As far as growth rate, it could change over night if China were to fall in civil turmoil or something bad happens. Who knows.

We'll see how 2020 look.

Indians on this forum have an inferiority complex to china. Even a mad man knows china's army, navy and airforce are atleast 5 timrs stronger, yet these indians keep on coming back to more and more bollocks. Its like facts dont get in their head.

as a BD, i dont think you can grasp military matters coherently. dont take it as an offence, just accept it as a fact

nice moral of the story, too bad India's position is deteriorating.
These deployments were viewed as particularly threatening by the PLA because they seemed to indicate that India had moved from a strategy of defence in its own territory to that of a larger offensive involving all of Arunachal Pradesh.
lol got scared? Next time on wards we will be offensive .

I'm make a general comparison, but you are right. As far as growth rate, it could change over night if China were to fall in civil turmoil or something bad happens. Who knows.

We'll see how 2020 look.

likewise for the US. There's many dangers lurking such as Southwestern drought, collapse of Great Plains agriculture, hyperinflation, oil shocks, civil turmoil or other "bad things happening".

The expression is "I have yet...". If you're gonna nitpick and insist you have retained the language of your colonial masters better than others, try not to humiliate yourself in the process. But even with your misplaced sense of verbal prowess, you're probably still on the privileged side of the 75% Indian literacy rate, right? Maybe you should do something more productive with your literacy 'privilege' - after all, India's GDP per capita won't be eclipsing Papua New Guinea anytime soon if all her most educated citizens do is troll :laugh:

Hahaha - A poor Chinese's grasp of English. As usual, you are wrong. Both "I am yet" and "I have yet" are generally correct. I understand in China everything is black and white and if you don't follow what your local commie teacher tells you, you might get into trouble. Is he/she the one who told you that "I am yet" is incorrect? LOL.

I see that even if your English is plebeian, you might just be one of those Chinese not working in a Foxconn kind of envrionment -and can thus be called "privileged". You should work hard and trying eclipsing the GDP per capita of Suriname. And err - last I checked we were way ahead of Papua New Guinea in GDP per capita. Perhaps the so-called "curriculum" in your "school" is yet to be updated.

For future reference - don't buy shoddy Chinese figures -

List of countries by GDP (PPP) per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

War wins with Minds /Strategy and not how much you are stronger. remember one Indian Solider killed 300 Chinese solders before he killed himself of not getting caught , by this one have to be 300 times stronger....

Here comes blah blah blah :blah::blah::blah::blah:

1. Why should India have inferiority complex to china???
2. How there armed forces are 5 times stronger than India??? Any analysts view or your personal view??

You are right only a "MAD MAN" knows India is 5times weaker than china. What if Some crazy member apply same logic to Indioa-Pakistan??? As Pakistan is 5 times weaker than India, Pakistanis have inferiority complex???

Please grow up..

Indians talking slaves? The entire Indian lineage were slaves for 2 centuries under Great Britain. Even today, India remains the largest farm of modern slavery -- bonded labor.

I can't believe why you would talk about slaves when India is the single largest source of slaves in the world today.

We got independence from a imperialist government in 1947, what about you??? We were slave and you??

War wins with Minds /Strategy and not how much you are stronger. remember one Indian Solider killed 300 Chinese solders before he killed himself of not getting caught , by this one have to be 300 times stronger....

Lol make me laugh, a sneak peak like that Indian is not minds/strategy fighting as this tactic have been used by the Vietnamese in fighting with the France. Can you Indian have smart mind or brains to fight a real battle? All this sneak peak fighting are already use by north Korean, vietnamese and china long time ago. You Indian is just a copy and got lucky that when we under estimate you, but that won't gonna happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom