What's new

2,00,000 for defence budget 2013

Is it good or bad for a country like India with swelling fiscal deficit, trade deficit ?

40+ but they have assured more if we need.
but it will be great if military utilizes it fully otherwise they return huge money every year.

This is what i sincerely hope for. Nasty bureaucracy and desk pilots screw screw with every acquisition/commissioning program. I hope this time the army can make full use of the funds allocated.

So about 43 percent of the entire defence budget is going to be spent on capital acquisition. That is awesome news. That means we will see all the modernization happening. MRCA, arty etc have to be done this year. Not to mention restocking ammo, air defence etc.

Typical Chanakya Indians...:D
(Just preempting our neighbours in the West...who will come up with this explanation)

Usually it is the neighbours in the east (and I don't mean Chinese) who come up with this "Chanakya" word for anything India does that they don't like.

Usually it is the neighbours in the east (and I don't mean Chinese) who come up with this "Chanakya" word for anything India does that they don't like.

I don't expect it now from them. These days there is a Wind of Change going on there. ;)

its pretty less :hitwall:.From last 3-4 years i have been listening under 40 billions and till 2020,they will be spending near 50 if they go with same pace.

Thats because the Rupees devaluated by 15-20%

Back
Top Bottom