What's new

$2 billion fifth generation Indian fighter program cleared

5th gen fighter for 2bn?? how cheap can it get??? or is it going to be a mere assembly plant for T50??

Its gonna be nothing but another 30 years of wait.. By the time this plane make its first flight.. All the Indian members here would have spent half of their lives and would be least interested in whats going on with the "2 billion $ 5th Gen Aircraft"

Just another lollipop the Indian government is giving its citizens to suck on and kill time.

Don't even bother stating the difference between Assembling and developing... Its an old one now guys. move on. What matters is you guys have a plane to fly and use when u need it. I do hope the reality turns out to be different for you this time guys. Best of Luck again.

even FBW is not going to be used as we are targeting Fly By Light.....
Signal transmission over fiber optic made its way to applications in last last century.
Today, signal converters are available for less than $10 over ebay.

Well Guys ... Good luck waiting another 30 years.. only to face disappointment. :D
and I dont say that.. Your track record does :D
Don't ignore the experience India earned from TEJA/LCA

Guyz, I wont be surprised if someone criticize us. we have to do our actions talk.....so till we dont come up with result, opposition is obviously gonna take our case......so frankly i dont blame pakistan for their criticizm.......the day we come out with flying colours, the mouth around will only be shut.....

I'll be happy if China gets a fifth generation fighter up and operational by 2017.

@ Wali - aint you guys were ranting about kaveri few weeks back ,now i dont see a single pakistani friends or chinese members ranting anymore at kaveri thread why ?? Aaaaaa no more even in akash Sam or nag or ABM THREAD ,ARJUN MBT JUST EVERYBODY NOW AT REVERSE GEAR

@ Wali - aint you guys were ranting about kaveri few weeks back ,now i dont see a single pakistani friends or chinese members ranting anymore at kaveri thread why ?? Aaaaaa no more even in akash Sam or nag or ABM THREAD ,ARJUN MBT JUST EVERYBODY NOW AT REVERSE GEAR

ahhh Yes and the air craft carrier has just been launched :flame:

I'll be happy if China gets a fifth generation fighter up and operational by 2017.

India is not aiming for getting the fighter operational by 2017, we are just aiming for the first flight. At the earliest it will be 2025 for the AMCA to get some operational certification.

Even then I think it is a very ambitious target and few compromises will be made in the process!

Also, the design process of AMCA began in 2007 ( contrary to what many think). This official sanction is the result of some encouraging progress in the early stages! (And when I say this I do not mean the wind tunnel mock up only, many other processes are underway simeltaneously).

Chinese IMHO will not reveal their bird till it is in advanced testing, hence the delay, if any.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom