What's new

2 Cans,1 puzzle>think about it

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
there are 2 guys A and B

they are having heated arguments with each other.

guy B, in anger, throws newly bought can of deodorant at A

A evades it

then B again throws a deo can (this time empty) at A

it hits A.

why do you think A couldn't evade second can?

was this because aim of B was more accurate at second time?

or was this because as being empty, second can moved in different way through air/ followed different trajectory and A couldn't anticipate it?

think over it

I am not a geek but i think empty can would travel faster as it has lee mass so less time and chances of A evading it

Well the full can would be having more momentum, and more mass, so more inertia. And a larger force (air resistance) would be required to change it's path, and thus makes it predictable.

WHile the empty is the exact opposite, making it less prone to sudden change in it's movement.

In nutshell, In my opinion, second option is correct.

BTW, what is Dio?

^^ but lighter thing suffers more opposition from air

Example> try to throw a piece of paper as long as possible

then do same with a small stone

as stone as more mass it will go much further than paper as its mass will help it to more oppose the air

my point is light and heavy objects when thrown, follow different trajectory due to different weight

Well the full can would be having more momentum, and more mass, so more inertia. And a larger force (air resistance) would be required to change it's path, and thus makes it predictable.

WHile the empty is the exact opposite, making it less prone to sudden change in it's movement.

In nutshell, In my opinion, second option is correct.

BTW, what is Dio?

your answer is same as mine

Dio=deodorant for ex AXE

^^ but lighter thing suffers more opposition from air

Example> try to throw a piece of paper as long as possible

then do same with a small stone

as stone as more mass it will go much further than paper as its mass will help it to more oppose the air

my point is light and heavy objects when thrown, follow different trajectory due to different weight

your answer is same as mine

Dio=deodorant for ex AXE

It's not the mass of the object that determines air resistance.
It is the surface area.
Paper has a much much larger surface area then a rock so it suffers more from air resistance.
If you crumple up the paper to the size of the rock, they will both have the same surface area and thus the same air resistance.
Even though the mass is very different.

B is a keyboard ninja who, after years of no exercise, has the upper arm strength of a three year old girl.

He can barely lift a full can to his lips, much less throw it any appreciable distance.

thinking outside the box, i like it!!!:tup:

It is the surface area.
Paper has a much much larger surface area then a rock so it suffers more from air resistance.
If you crumple up the paper to the size of the rock, they will both have the same surface area and thus the same air resistance.

Not really. The masses are different, and inertia is different, so a more larger force of friction (air resistance) is required to disturb the path of stone, while less to disturb the the paper.

If both have same surface area and same air resistance, but different mass, then the stone will move sliightly, but paper will move more sporadically due to different inertia.

It is because the full bottle has liquid inside it, which would determine the speed, direction and momentum of the bottle. The bottle if half empty, or not completely filled will behave very differently than a completely empty or completely filled bottle.

The empty bottle would travel a certain distance, and then lose momentum fast, and fall off due to resistance, this is difficult to predict specially if the person doesn't know it empty.

The full bottle will keep travelling in a parabola despite the resistance due to the higher momentum.

It is because the full bottle has liquid inside it, which would determine the speed, direction and momentum of the bottle.

A full bottle eliminates this possibility.

It is the surface area.

but mass also plays role

thinking outside the box, i like it!!!:tup:

Not really. The masses are different, and inertia is different, so a more larger force of friction (air resistance) is required to disturb the path of stone, while less to disturb the the paper.

If both have same surface area and same air resistance, but different mass, then the stone will move sliightly, but paper will move more sporadically due to different inertia.

very correct

more mass=less resistance from air

How about that A was able to smell the deo coming at him and due to the combination of an active sensor in the eyes and a passive sensor in the nose was able to initiate a break at the right time and avoid the can.
However B threw the second can after initiating a sight lock and passed targeting information to his arms resulting in a silent launch where the can went active and its CCM(counter-counter measure) was able to ensure a hit on A.

Now i know its because while the Matrix Power in Guy A was full when the Guy B throw the can at A that is why A evades first throw . But he used all his power evading the can

But the power depleted soon after that and he couldn't evade the 2nd can.

Oh Ya Oh Ya Im champion .

Now i know its because while the Matrix Power in Guy A was full when the Guy B throw the can at A that is why A evades first throw . But he used all his power evading the can

But the power depleted soon after that and he couldn't evade the 2nd can.

Oh Ya Oh Ya Im champion .

i opened this thread to give intellectual food to members and to have discussion

no funny comments please

How about that A was able to smell the deo coming at him and due to the combination of an active sensor in the eyes and a passive sensor in the nose was able to initiate a break at the right time and avoid the can.
However B threw the second can after initiating a sight lock and passed targeting information to his arms resulting in a silent launch where the can went active and its CCM(counter-counter measure) was able to ensure a hit on A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom