What's new

25,000 Indians 'ready to fight in Iraq to defend Shia holy sites'

IMO they all should be given permission to leave if they want to. Anyways they would come back running at the very first sign of gun fire. They all are just stupid bunch of civilians brainwashed all charged up by some high voltage sermon given by clerics nothing else all will piss in their pants during real confrontation with terrorist.

As much as I like to get rid of extremists from my country, there will blowback when this extremists return to their homeland....then again ISIS should be stopped at all cost.

As a layman how are the Shia and Sunni shrines different??
Difficult Question....they have much common...except those they considered infallible imams & their pious followers
Shias believe the Imams are infallible. Sunnis believe no Human is infallible except god I think.
Except God & Prophets ....Only

What un-Islamic activities??
Each Group see each other with Different set of religious FUNDAMENTALS

Last edited:
My friend, Islam is not part of our culture, Arabs value it because it's theirs, additionally knowledge and freedom of information opens one's eyes.

Interesting. I've always thought that Persians have completely & totally adhered to Islamic values that dictates their life style, because news on tv on Iran is not unlike news on Jordan or KSA - Muslim & mosque everywhere. I can only rely on this view as I have not been to Iran to see for myself.

Interesting. I've always thought that Persians have completely & totally adhered to Islamic values that dictates their life style, because news on tv on Iran is not unlike news on Jordan or KSA - Muslim & mosque everywhere. I can only rely on this view as I have not been to Iran to see for myself.

No my friend, we do not. If it weren't out of fear of punishment by Mullahs, millions of Iranian Atheists would come out of closet. Hundreds of thousand already converted to other religions, Christianity, Baha'i, etc... I would say Iran's Muslim population is somewhere between 10 to 15 million, including Sunnis.

Shi Sunni rift is getting wider and wider. Shias are now leaning towards BJP for sure. Bad time for secular parties.

India doesn't need armed or even unarmed militias. Keep these people back alternatively arrest them if they try leaving the country

Would you have issues with them returning with newly acquired urban combat skills?
NO that would be a real blessing in disguise!
@Aeronaut
It would be a valuable addition.

1. GoI can use those individuals who return and set them up in various places throughout South Asia, notably Pakistan to get things rolling there faster, organize the Shias there to fight.
2. Even if GoI does not use these individuals, they are not enemies of the State, they are enemies of Sunni's.

To let you know, Shias in India, unlike Sunni's have a relatively high education, low unemployment, increasing economic mobility and prosperity. They are more integrated in the Indian mainstream than sunnis

Rarely are shias involved in terror activities, its almost always sunni's. Shias also form the backbone of the Indian counter insurgency grid in Kashmir of the Army.
Most of shias voted for Modi, because sunni's were opposed to him.

It would actually be a blessing in disguise.

To let you know, Shias in India, unlike Sunni's have a relatively high education, low unemployment, increasing economic mobility and prosperity. They are more integrated in the Indian mainstream than sunnis

& the madness spreads..

A banker, telecom executive, builder, all sign up to fight in Iraq | The Indian Express

While it is unlikely that these volunteers will be given visas to travel to Iraq, the Anjuman has, on its part, registered only those who have valid passports.

A volunteer who gave his name as Zeeshan Haider said, “Iraq needs our help because Shias are being tortured there. It is not possible to give a name to the torturers, because I do not know who they are. I do not know what the ISIS, is but Bhai knows everything. I am going there because it is my religious duty.”

no one is immune to religiously induced madness, even if Indian governments actively restricts these people there will still be Indian fighters in Iraq. You simply cannot stop this madness.

Last edited:
@Aeronaut

1. GoI can use those individuals who return and set them up in various places throughout South Asia, notably Pakistan to get things rolling there faster.
2. Even if GoI does not use these individuals, they are not enemies of the State, they are enemies of Sunni's.
To let you know, Shias in India, unlike Sunni's have a relatively high education, low unemployment, increasing economic mobility and prosperity. Rarely are shias involved in terror activities, its almost always sunni's. Shias also form the backbone of the Indian counter insurgency grid in Kashmir of the Army. Shias voted for Modi, because Sunni's were opposed to him.

but will they understand that ..i think not
your assertion is right shia will be enemy of sunni not indian state

No my friend, we do not. If it weren't out of fear of punishment by Mullahs, millions of Iranian Atheists would come out of closet. Hundreds of thousand already converted to other religions, Christianity, Baha'i, etc... I would say Iran's Muslim population is somewhere between 10 to 15 million, including Sunnis.
and that's how its progressing in the field of science and technology :tup:

Would you have issues with them returning with newly acquired urban combat skills?
NO that would be a real blessing in disguise!
@Aeronaut

1. GoI can use those individuals who return and set them up in various places throughout South Asia, notably Pakistan to get things rolling there faster, organize the Shias there to fight.
2. Even if GoI does not use these individuals, they are not enemies of the State, they are enemies of Sunni's who would have come back after fighting with sunnis.

Rarely are shias involved in terror activities against other Indians, its almost always sunni's. Shias also form the backbone of the Indian counter insurgency grid in Kashmir of the Army. Incidentally most of shias voted for Modi, because sunni's were opposed to him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom