What's new

25th March 1975. On this day the Islamic world lost it's greatest leader of the time.

villageidiot

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I had planned to do a write up on King Faisal since last week but unfortunately, due to a messed up schedule, I haven't been able to do the research. Have 2 big deadlines. One of them later tonight. One later in the week. But, I really don't want to miss this opportunity to discuss a man I've been fascinated by. So, just getting the discussion started with a video. Hope learned members will contribute.

Would be interesting to know the views of Iranian members too since the traditional Saudi Iran rivalry wasn't there at the time, and I think we can agree the Shah of Iran could hardly claim to be a leader of the global Muslim community, no offense.

@Areesh @IbnAbdullah @Zhukov @Ssan @Acetic Acid @SaadH @waz @Jango @Signalian @PakCan @M. Sarmad @Tamerlane @lightning F57 @Goenitz @The Accountant
@Khan_21 @Corruptistan et al.
@aryobarzan , plz tag the other iranian members too. Thanks

@Khan_21 , bro you are knowledgeable in Saudi affairs. Please add to this thread as you see fit.

P.S. Let me know your the number of your contact in the Saudi PR authority. I'll take cash only. :D

I had planned to do a write up on King Faisal since last week but unfortunately, due to a messed up schedule, I haven't been able to do the research. Have 2 big deadlines. One of them later tonight. One later in the week. But, I really don't want to miss this opportunity to discuss a man I've been fascinated by. So, just getting the discussion started with a video. Hope learned members will contribute.

Would be interesting to know the views of Iranian members too since the traditional Saudi Iran rivalry wasn't there at the time, and I think we can agree the Shah of Iran could hardly claim to be a leader of the global Muslim community, no offense.

@Areesh @IbnAbdullah @Zhukov @Ssan @Acetic Acid @SaadH @waz @Jango @Signalian @PakCan @M. Sarmad @Tamerlane @lightning F57 @Goenitz @The Accountant
The video is in Urdu but I will tag some Iranians ..Personally as an Iranian nationalist I have no ill will towards Saudi royal family up untill 1980s when they changed from "Neutral" posture to "enemy" posture in Iran Iraq war and supported Saddam by $70 billion dollars of financial assistance...But I am happy we may finally go back to Neutral position soon.

FyI.. @SalarHaqq @mohsen @lydian fall @HGV what is your view on this .OP wants some Iranian feedback.

There's a bit of mythology built around Shah Faisal. Though he was a major improvement over his predecessor, he's also singularly responsible for unfettered spending in all spheres and the war machine of US. If Faisal hadn't agree to the arrangement with Nixon which resulted in petro dollars, it is difficult to imagine how the US war machine would have funded its excesses.

There's a bit of mythology built around Shah Faisal. Though he was a major improvement over his predecessor, he's also singularly responsible for unfettered spending in all spheres and the war machine of US. If Faisal hadn't agree to the arrangement with Nixon which resulted in petro dollars, it is difficult to imagine how the US war machine would have funded its excesses.
But, he also stuck it up to the entire West with the oil embargo. Petrodollars benefitted Saudis too. Put them in a position of power. If only there'd been good leadership with some spine to handle that power, rather than the current feckless ones who were running to Israel because they couldn't handle the iranians

Last edited:

Not the greatest. But a much better leader as compared to other Saudi leaders

Not the greatest. But a much better leader as compared to other Saudi leaders
I was saying that in relation to then muslim leaders. Ofc the other saudi leaders were spineless cowards too. The collective strength of the muslim world was greatest when there was a Saudi king who realized the unique position of Saudi Arabia among muslims and in the world. It was only downhill from there.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom