What's new

26/11 Lawsuite against ISI & LeT..

foxbat

Reaction score
Country
India
I am intentionally not putting actual title to avoid inflamations... Request all to maintain cleanliness in the thread to avoid getting it locked
===Pakistani Source======

US court summons ISI, LeT chiefs - GEO.tv

NEW YORK: A US court in Brooklyn has issued summons to senior Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence officials, including its chief Lt Gen Ahmed Shuja Pasha, as well as leaders of banned group Lashkar-e-Taiba Hafiz Saeed and Zakiur Rahman Lakhvi, in response to a lawsuit filed by relatives of two American victims accusing them of providing material support for the 26/11 attacks, said US media reports here on Wednesday.

The 26-page lawsuit was filed before a New York court on November 19 against the ISI and LeT by the relatives of Rabbi Gavriel Noah Holtzberg and his wife Rivka, who were both gunned down by militants at the Chhabad House in Mumbai.

A US official, however, said on condition of anonymity that it was a private complaint and does not have official baking of the US government. “It’s a free country, and every one has a right to go to the courts, but I don’t think the US government will put its weight behind this private complaint,” the official added.

The Pakistan Embassy officials refused to comment on it; however, insiders say that Pak officials were in touch with their US counterparts on this issue. It could not be confirmed whether the Pakistan Embassy received any such summons from any US courts.

The relatives of victims have alleged that the Mumbai terrorist attack was planned and carried out by members of defendant, the LeT. Wherein, defendant ISI provided critical planning, material support, control and coordination of the attacks.

Pasha, who has been director general of the ISI since September 2008, has been summoned, so is Nadeem Taj, the director general of ISI from September 2007 to September 2008.

Major Iqbal and Major Samir Ali are other ISI officers who have been issued summons. The lawsuit also claims that prior to November 26, 2008, the defendants directed and engaged US-based individuals, including but not limited to David Headley and Tahawwur Rana, for raising funds, building a network of connections, recruiting participants and planning the operation of the Mumbai terror attack.

The petitioners have also alleged that the LeT still operates training camps in Pakistan, Kashmir and Afghanistan and openly advocated violence against India, Israel and the United States. It names Muridke, Manshera and Muzaffarabad as centres of training camps operated by the LeT.

It also says that Pakistani American LeT operative David Headley, who has already pleaded guilty for his role in the plotting of the attack, built a network of connections from Chicago to Pakistan, undertaking these efforts at the direction and with the material support of both LeT and the ISI.

Prior to and following each trip to Mumbai, Headley reported to and received further instructions from both the LeT, including defendants Majid and Maj Iqbal and the ISI, it alleges. The lawsuit alleges that during the Mumbai attacks defendant Majid, along with other LeT men operated from a mission control room in Karachi, passing instructions and encouragement to the attackers via telephone.

“By reason of the foregoing, LeT, Saeed, Lakhvi, Cheema and Majid are each liable to each plaintiff, individually and as the personal representative and/or surviving family member of their decedents, for compensatory damages in excess of $75,000 such amount to be determined by a jury,” the lawsuit said

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Linking ISI to 26/11 'preposterous', says Pak - India News - IBNLive

Islamabad: Pakistan today said it was "preposterous" to link the ISI to the Mumbai attacks, a day after a US court issued summons to the powerful spy agency's chief and others in connection with the 2008 carnage.

Foreign Office spokesman Abdul Basit said Pakistan was was committed to bringing the perpetrators of the carnage to justice as India prepares to observe the second anniversary of the carnage unleashed by 10 LeT terrorists on the country's financial capital tomorrow.

"The trial of the seven accused in the Mumbai attacks is underway in Pakistan. We are committed to bring the perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attacks to justice. So dragging the ISI into this in any manner is preposterous," he said.

Some people would never grow up. Anways Mods please close the thread.
:disagree:

What is the issue here?? Its a developing story. The objection in the previous thread was the title since there is no copy of any summons..Hence I have kept a separate title here to avoid any confusion till the copy of summons can be made available..

The Pakistani official reactions have started coming in, so why do we want to hide away from a news item?

didn't mods close a similar thread like this one, yesterday?

Mods have already closed such two threads yesterday.

@Foxbat

You definitely need to grow up.

By the way I have reported the thread to the mods.

@Foxbat

I have replied to what you said just before your post. I guess we crossed posts here..

I am honestly looking for a reason for not discussing this. The only one Asim put yesterday was the Summons part, which I removed from here..

Some people would never grow up. Anways Mods please close the thread.
:disagree:

didn't mods close a similar thread to this one, yesterday?

@Foxbat

And what exactly is your excuse to close the thread?

Even the source is Pakistani this time. :pakistan:

I have requested the Mods to give direction on whether this news item is off limits. Hopefully Asim will respond soon..

There's no need as such to close the thread but the decision rests with Mods.

If such threads lead to abuses then I would definitely support closing down such topics.

We need freedom of speech in PDF...mods plZZ don't close the thread
:mod::mod::mod:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom