third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
'2mn cows smuggled from India every year' -
bdnews24.com

934fbe765a81f7c6cb5ee7f0b0db6c3c.jpg

About two out of 3.5 million bovines that are slaughtered in Bangladesh each year are smuggled in from India as the local market fails to meet the demand.

This information was disclosed by speakers at a media call organised on Sunday by the Sher-e Bangla Agricultural University to raise awareness ahead of the Eid-ul-Azha.

"Smuggling of cattle before the Eid is an 'open secret'," said central livestock hospital's chief Veterinary Officer ABM Shahid Ullah.

Speakers said the smuggled cattle bring with them hoof disease while many cattle traders use steroid on the cows to make them fat in a short time.

Steroid weakens immunity of the cows and it does not lose its effect even after the cooking of beef.

"Eating meat of a cow that has been made fat by steroids may harm our kidneys and liver and may also affect our immune system," warned Associate Prof AKBM Saiful Islam of the university's Medicine and Public Health department.

Shahid Ullah said livestock ministry officials and veterinary surgeons would be deployed at various cattle markets ahead of the Eid.

"The cattle smuggled in from India are old and don't taste good. Cows suffering from hoof diseases develop sores on their hoofs and mouths within a week," he said.

The livestock ministry arranges for vaccination of cows along the border to prevent spread of the disease.

Sher-e Bangla university's Associate Prof Jahangir Alam said, around 1.8 million cattle are slaughtered during the Eid-ul-Azha alone.

He disclosed ways to identify foreign or diseased cows.

"Cows that have normal movements and don't have swelled muscle are healthy.

"They lose their abilities to move about normally if they are fed medicine to gain fat," he said.

This is just hurting us.
We worship holy cow. And they are slaughtering it, India government should make a strong law with a strong force to encounter these smugglers.
The greatness of hindu religion is that we think animals have also equal right to live but others are just thinking that they are the GOD of this earth and can kill any animal as they are their slave.
They can not speak the pain that does not mean that they are not the creature of God.
Animals should have equal right to live.
Earth is not for only humans.
Lastly we have sharp brain that make us human
but that does not mean we are superior.

In India, Dalits are treated worse than cows.
in which city have you seen above mentioned treatment.
Come to India and see the difference between rumours and reality.
Yup there is a big gap between dalits and upper class but it will be filled up by time.

In India, Dalits are treated worse than cows.
How cows and dalits are related? Can you stay to the topic?

This is very sad that as human we still strive on nomadic ways of eating even when we have developed lots of other healthy ways to feed our hunger like vegetables, agriculture etc.

Replace that cow wth a human being and steroid ihm and make him fat so that he cannot move at all, pain in agony, and then butcher him to feed your stomach...

Either legalize the export of cows, or ban it with an iron fist. No pussyfooting about it.

This anti-cow slaughter moves and protests are ridiculous. As a Hindu I don't eat beef but why should non-Hindus be prevented from doing so? Hindus should simply stay away from any establishment which slaughters cows. If a Hindu is personally not involved in the slaughter of cows that should suffice for them. India is a secular Republic. These limitations on cow slaughter and consumption of beef goes against the secular nature of the state. Restrictions on slaughtering of cows or consumption of beef within a certain radius of temples or Hindu holy shrines are acceptable. Blanket restrictions are simply stupid

This is simply outrageous/illegal that such huge amount can get smuggled but who to blame both state govt and BSF are involved.

with TMC links with jamaat exposed by the saradha scam investigation ,jamata banerjee will not even consider this as an issue.

centre should tighten up BSF.

This anti-cow slaughter moves and protests are ridiculous. As a Hindu I don't eat beef but why should non-Hindus be prevented from doing so? Hindus should simply stay away from any establishment which slaughters cows. If a Hindu is personally not involved in the slaughter of cows that should suffice for them. India is a secular Republic. These limitations on cow slaughter and consumption of beef goes against the secular nature of the state. Restrictions on slaughtering of cows or consumption of beef within a certain radius of temples or Hindu holy shrines are acceptable. Blanket restrictions are simply stupid

In addition , if we hindus are so particular about cows why abandon them when they stop giving milk ? lets look after them and not let them loiter about on roads eating plastic packets.

There are Gau Shalas run by various orgnisations but they are not enough.

Why only cow? Why not create a fuss on goat, pig, chicken, fish and what not? After all, everyone should have equal right to live, there lies the greatness of Hinduism.

I believe @bitter_but_better will concur with my views. Vegetarianism should be state sponsored and imposed with iron fist.
I agree if you are not taunting.

In addition , if we hindus are so particular about cows why abandon them when they stop giving milk ? lets look after them and not let them loiter about on roads eating plastic packets.

There are Gau Shalas run by various orgnisations but they are not enough.
well said bro..
But MONEY thats the reason for this ignorance of cows.
All are busy in increasing their TOND and they dont have even rs.100 to donate to gaushalas..
And if someone donates that will not be a guarantee that a gaushala care taker will buy grass for cow.. He may buy pizza for his 5 year son.
What to do then?
Corruption bhai corruption..

Last edited:
No one can prevent Muslims from slaughtering and eating tasty cows.

Indeed and that should include Christians and any person who wants to eat beef. I mean what next, a restriction on me enjoying my pork chops in Delhi with my favorite whiskey simply because it offends Muslim sentiments ??

There should be a proper export mecbanism...
Smuggling is a strict no... We lose out on a lot of money because of it...

Back
Top Bottom