What's new

3 Chinese smartphone brands among global Top 5

These differences can be bridged in 5 to 10 years maximum, and you know we will do it now, and you also know why, and you are already seeing the steps being taken. :)

But yes, you are just saying what I am saying, tomorrow any SE Asian nation can also replace Chinese phone brands because the only USP they have is cheaper price. :)

Maths is not your strong suit.

Even at 10% constant average growth it would take India several decades to go from $1.8 trillion to $10.4 trillion.

That's just to reach our 2014 GDP level, and obviously we won't be standing still.

As for Modi, it takes several decades to build a national manufacturing base. Even if you start now you will still be decades behind SE Asia.

Even now you are much poorer than China and SE Asia in per capita terms, yet you cannot beat either one in terms of cost effectiveness.

These differences can be bridged in 5 to 10 years maximum, and you know we will do it now, and you also know why, and you are already seeing the steps being taken. :)

But yes, you are just saying what I am saying, tomorrow any SE Asian nation can also replace Chinese phone brands because the only USP they have is cheaper price. :)
Nobody can beat China smartphone price. Even in the next 10 years time. That is where Chinese smartphone advantage comes in. Our throat cutting method has forced out large number of PC and laptop maker. So as LCD TV. I don't forsee Chinese maker in any danger.

Even at 10% constant average growth it would take India decades to go from $1.8 trillion to $10.4 trillion.

That's just to reach our 2014 GDP level, and obviously we won't be standing still.

As for Modi, it takes several decades to build a national manufacturing base. Even if you start now you will still be decades behind SE Asia.

Aside from that, in terms of infrastructure, it will take even longer for India to achieve certain level of development. There are others way better than India to take the place of China as China moves up in the value chain.

But, AT THE MOMENT, China's stronghold in its home turf and expansion in the globe is good enough. For future, well, we have plans and ambitions as do the Indians.

Strangely, when talking to Indians, one ends up in future tense.

Nobody can beat China smartphone price. Even in the next 10 years time. That is where Chinese smartphone advantage comes in. Our throat cutting method has forced out large number of PC and laptop maker. So as LCD TV. I don't forsee Chinese maker in any danger.

I doubt that, Chinese smartphone makers like Huawei and Lenovo started cheap, but currently their prices are comparable or almost near established peer like Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony. Though still cheaper than HTC

Even at 10% constant average growth it would take India decades to go from $1.8 trillion to $10.4 trillion.

You need to know economics, not math to understand how quickly these GDP growth can be achieved. And no, the formula of compounding interest won't help here. :)

And I am sure you don't want me to raise the issue of $6.8 trillion hole and $25 trillion bank debt here. :)

Further, GDP doesn't matter in case of making cheap phones, countries like South Korea or Taiwan has lower GDP than China, right? :)

I doubt that, Chinese smartphone makers like Huawei and Lenovo started cheap, but currently their prices are comparable or almost near established peer like Motorola, Samsung, LG, Sony. Though still cheaper than HTC

Cheap in terms of production cost.

They can still sell it for high prices, my own Lenovo smartphone cost over $500 USD when it was released. That's a high-end smartphone.

The difference is their profit. And they are very profitable.

You need to compare same categories of model and then compare the price. There are high end smartphone and low end smartphone. I can assure you, Huawei and Lenovo still offer very competitive prices compare to Samsung or Sony.

Cheap in terms of production cost.

They can still sell it for high prices, my own Lenovo smartphone cost over $500 USD when it was released. That's a high-end smartphone.

The difference is their profit. And they are very profitable.

They will lose that advantage with rising cost of production and wages in China, and then what? Anyone who can make it cheaper will take away your market share. :)

They will lose that advantage with rising cost of production and wages in China, and then what? Anyone who can make it cheaper will take away your market share. :)

How do you think Lenovo is the number 1 PC maker in the world?

Their high-end PC's and laptops sell for around $2000 USD, and their high-end smartphones for around $500 USD.

That is a very high price compared to the competition. Yet they still have the largest market share in the world.

They even conquered the Indian PC market a while back. :lol:

Rising labour cost is not the only factor. South Korea having a higher standard of living than China still able to offer very low price LCD TV. South Korea have very good infrastructure and a whole supply chain based build around. They have a factory that never has power shortage problem. While I been to vietnam and Indonesia where factories power cut off can happen quite often. Infrastructure development clearly needs to improve.

How do you think Lenovo is the number 1 PC maker in the world?

Their high-end PC's and laptops sell for around $2000 USD, and their high-end smartphones for around $500 USD.

That is a very high price compared to the competition. Yet they still have the largest market share in the world.

They even conquered the Indian PC market a while back. :lol:

For similar specs Lenovo is still cheaper. And they got the ready market of IBM in India, but right now they have slipped to number 3 position in laptops, their desktop market share is nothing to speak of in India.

And what is Lenovo? My friend has a Lenovo laptop that runs on Windoes 8.1, Intel processor & chipset, and Segate hard disk, but yes, the plastic casing is Chinese. :lol:

Chinese telecommunication giant Huawei launched its Honor 6 Plus smartphone in China today at 1,999 Yuan (Rs. 20,500). The smartphone boasts a dual 8MP rear camera and a front-facing 8MP camera as well.

The Honor 6 Plus is a significant upgrade over the Honor 6 which is currently being sold in India. The Honor 6 Plus has a 5.5-inch screen 1080p screen and has almost the same design as its predecessor. The smartphone is powered by Huawei’s own Kirin 925 octa-core chipset with 3GB of RAM. It comes with 16 or 32GB of internal storage which can be upgraded via a microSD card upto 128GB.

f94f0c03f6851614725e18e5d10f7cab9c8f020d.jpeg

Huawei has also increased the battery size to 3600mAh but the highlight of the smartphone is the dual 8MP symmetrical cameras that takes the effective pixel size to 1.98 microns, which almost similar to the 2-micron Ultra Pixelon the HTC One M8. This allows the camera to capture more resulting in better picture quality in low light as well as cleaner images.

Huawei is currently only selling the Honor 6 Plus in China and has not announced any plans regarding global price or availability.

712a2410gw1enbtez3nitj20go0b4gpn.jpg

712a2410gw1enbtf3eb9hj20go0b4td7.jpg

712a2410gw1enbtfp4opkj20go0b4ado.jpg

cedcd652jw1enbv4fhifsj20xc18gn5a.jpg

cedcd652jw1enbv4oixl9j218g0xc7by.jpg

For similar specs Lenovo is still cheaper. And they got the ready market of IBM in India, but right now they have slipped to number 3 position in laptops, their desktop market share is nothing to speak of in India.

And what is Lenovo? My friend has a Lenovo laptop that runs on Windoes 8.1, Intel processor & chipset, and Segate hard disk, but yes, the plastic casing is Chinese. :lol:

Tell me how long it would take, for the average Indian earning $1 a day (and spending 90% of it on food/accommodation) to save up enough money to buy a $2000 USD Lenovo laptop.

How many lifetimes?

Video: Huawei Honor 6 Plus strong enough to stop bullets!
December 16, 2014

Huawei is known for its sturdy build quality (in its recent phones) and we have already seen one of the best built devices of the year from this Chinese giant, the Huawei Ascend Mate 7.

After nearly months of rumors and leaks, today, the company unveiled its latest flagship, the Huawei Honor 6 Plus. We knew that the phone was going to come with a lot of interesting features, thank to those leaks. Yesterday we also got a glimpse at the design of the new flagship.

However little did we know that Huawei was planning to make the Honor 6 Plus ultra-rugged, atleast strong enough to resist bullets. From the looks of the device, you won’t see anything unusual. But a recent stress/ durability test gave us a glimpse of how strong the built quality is on the device.

The video shown below demonstrates how the new Honor 6 Plus successfully stops a bullet from a rifle. As you can see, the phone blocks the bullet from a distance of 5 meters which is an impressive feat. Only a handful of flagships can endure such a test without suffering a huge hole in between. While the video doesn’t show whether the touchscreen works after the impact, it surely looks like the display is still working.

We are definitely impressed the build quality of the new Honor 6! Are you?

WOW!

Rising labour cost is not the only factor. South Korea having a higher standard of living than China still able to offer very low price LCD TV. South Korea have very good infrastructure and a whole supply chain based build around. They have a factory that never has power shortage problem. While I been to vietnam and Indonesia where factories power cut off can happen quite often. Infrastructure development clearly needs to improve.

South Korean companies did significant innovations in TVs to get ahead of Japan.

Back
Top Bottom