What's new

3 more OHP class Frigates to be delivered to Pakistan between 2014-2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Neptune @jhungary

The issue is 'money', otherwise TF-2000 and Type-54B (56?) are too good of options to miss.

We don't have much of a choice, we just have to make the best of what we have or what we can get while not blowing our tiny budget.

We always hear Pakistani leaders praise the relation between China and Pakistan as higher then mountain and sweeter then honey then why not china can provide adequate long term loan to Pakistan to get few Type 54A/54B. A country like china can easily 2~3 billion dollar loan for buying Chinese new generation frigate for suppose 20~25 years payment option .

We always hear Pakistani leaders praise the relation between China and Pakistan as higher then mountain and sweeter then honey then why not china can provide adequate long term loan to Pakistan to get few Type 54A/54B. A country like china can easily 2~3 billion dollar loan for buying Chinese new generation frigate for suppose 20~25 years payment option .
Mr around for 30 years China almost gave you free weapons Sir from 65 to 80s many of weapons were given to you without any money and yes next time instead of giving Aid China should give money to its companies and we get Type 54 but I hope our economy improves or we make a deal with China or some other country for extraction of either Gold or search for oil and gas and in return we get war ships and fighter jets

One thing that is never clear to me is what is our strategy for air defence of these ships. We don't have a sufficient Air crafts for Navy Operations , just wondering how can we protect these assets in Sea ?

Specially considering foes that operate aircraft carriers which come with loaded planes threat

Will the OHP make Pakistan a recognized blue water Navy and not just regional waters force ?

10-15 Frigates does give us some what more credibility alot better then what we started with 10 years ago etc

Just don't see the same level of enthusiasm from community as we did for the first OHP frigate when we got that one all stripped down barebone ship
Sir our economy is the problem other wise we should have around 24 Frigates and Corvettes with around 12 to 14 Submarines and lot of missile boats and at least 72 Fighter Jets to back our Navy

Pakistan will also decommiwion 3 out of 6 Tariq class frigates by 2016.
So PN frigate fleet size will remain same
Maybe Qty will remain the same but Tonnage will definatly increase, which means more/better fire power and many more.

USS Klakring (FFG-42)
status Klakring was decommissioned on 22 March 2013.
640px-USS_Klakring_%28FFG_42%29_in_Souda_Bay%2C_Greece.jpg

USS De Wert (FFG-45)
640px-USS_De_Wert_%28FFG-45%29_and_HMCS_Ville_de_Quebec_docked_in_Toledo%2C_Ohio%2C_in_August_2012.JPG

USS Robert G. Bradley (FFG-49)
status still active duty
USS_Robert_G._Bradley.jpg

Mr we don't want these ships on cost off our own people otherwise we should not take these ships

That is why I said if economy or some miracle happens still 4new F-22 3 off these are coming

Yes sir we need at least 24 frigates and corvettes because we have monster size enemy
zarvan brother , can not just our Pakistan navy install turkish genesis or genesis advent system in to our 4-new f-22p frigates ?? :pakistan:

count de wert outta the list. She has just completed her NATO deployment. She's on her way to home to retire.

What people keep forgetting that as a nation, except for a brief period during Musharraf and the height of US- Al-Qaida war; Pakistan has always been critically short of “MONEY”. Additionally PN has been perpetually treated as step sister of the Services, thus getting only the leftovers of the Defence Budget.

Hence PN as well as other services have to make do with whatever they can get or go without. That is why PN along with PA & PAF have been relying largely on second hand and or dated equipment ever since one can remember; in my case; since 1947. Talk of buying this or that such as Aircraft carrier or Nuclear Submarine is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Do we expect Pak Navy to be strong enough to defeat Indian Navy in a traditional surface naval engagement?

Dreaming aside, common sense dictates that given the disparity in size and the resources available to IN, this is highly unlikely. All we can expect is to keep see lanes; say 200 miles along our Arabian Sea coast; clear so that we can import essential commodities in case of hostilities with India or any other medium level sea power.

For this purpose PN needs mine hunters, ASW platforms (frigates) and FAC supported by credible naval air arm. Any blue water interdiction left to the submarines. Need for surface men of war such as destroyers, cruisers and A/ C carriers comes last.

Surface vessel consists of the platform (hull & engines) and weapons systems. OHP frigates may be old, but if the hull & engines are sound, weapons systems can be upgraded in stages; with OHP’s providing satisfactory anti -submarine & the anti-craft defence for another 20 years. Orions are even more useful.

Given the pro-Taliban & anti –US actions by PTI and the extremist loving section of the society, I am not convinced that we will actually get these OHP’s & Orions. This debate could therefore be another exercise in futility.

@Aeronaut

The total number of AWACS at navy's disposal is eight ?

Not the seven I last heard of ?

@Aeronaut

@Aeronaut

I think Hon Aeronaut is talking about total number of AWACS with Pakistan that includes Saab & the Chinese ZK-3. To the best my info all AWACS are operated by the Airforce. After the Kamra incident, am not sure as how many Saab Erieyes are in working order.

only 2 ZDK's have been delivered as there is an radar upgrade involved in the balance two, hence the delay. if we add the 3 Saab erieye's we have 5 AWACS deployed with 2 on order. i doubt if the damaged/destroyed erieye will ever be replaced.

I think Hon Aeronaut is talking about total number of AWACS with Pakistan that includes Saab & the Chinese ZK-3. To the best my info all AWACS are operated by the Airforce. After the Kamra incident, am not sure as how many Saab Erieyes are in working order.

I am sure the ZDK-03 are there too , in what number , that I do not know .

only 2 ZDK's have been delivered as there is an radar upgrade involved in the balance two, hence the delay. if we add the 3 Saab erieye's we have 5 AWACS deployed with 2 on order. i doubt if the damaged/destroyed erieye will ever be replaced.

from JDW

"This was followed in November 2013 by images suggesting a new airborne early warning (AEW) variant of the Y-8/9 was also under
development. This featured a top-mounted rotating dome radar, possibly representing a further development of the ZDK-03 AEW
aircraft supplied to the Pakistan Air Force in 2011"

@Secur @niaz

Sure sir thats why i used the ~ symbol.

Our airborne early warning capabilities can't be reversed now. With ZDK-3 and Hawker 800 ELINT, coastal defense, maritime strike wing and upgraded surface and submerged fleet, 'fall back' naval bases in Port Qasim, Pasni and Gwadar, the Navy will be capable of maintaing effective sea denial.

In my humble opinion sir, i'd like Pakistan to focus on 'synergy' bt linking all assets with fast real time datalink like the LINK-16/21 and our own tactical data link Raabta.

I'm also hopeful that our FAC fleet will be increased to ~ 8 boats, with the rest being built at home.

zarvan brother , can not just our Pakistan navy install turkish genesis or genesis advent system in to our 4-new f-22p frigates ?? :pakistan:

It's possible. But it'll need us to reset and create a new GENESIS variant suitable for F-22P, just as we did to Ada-class corvettes under the name G-MSYS. Regarding issues such as Chinese weapons systems. An integration is of course possible technically. But the technologies used are mostly Turkish and others are nato's that both Turkey and NATO wouldn't want it's technology to get revealed to integrate them with the Chinese. That's the same reason why NATO whines us that we picked the Chinese Red Flag at air defence missile tender. In this case, it's Turkey that wouldn't want it's stuff to get revealed... Thats all. But if Pakistan wants it, Erdogan would make it happen for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom