What's new

$30.6M Chinese Lottery winner dons mascot costume to hide jackpot from family

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States

A father from Guangxi, China, donned a yellow mascot costume to collect his $30.6 million lottery jackpot because he wanted to keep the prize a secret from his family. Photo courtesy of the Guangxi Welfare Lottery

A father from Guangxi, China, donned a yellow mascot costume to collect his $30.6 million lottery jackpot because he wanted to keep the prize a secret from his family. Photo courtesy of the Guangxi Welfare Lottery

A lottery winner in China donned a mascot costume to claim his $30.6 million lottery jackpot in order to keep his wife and children from finding out about the prize.

The Guangxi Welfare Lottery said the man, identified only by the pseudonym Li, said he has been playing the lottery for about 10 years and normally uses the numbers 02-15-19-26-27-29-02.

He is smart, I’d have done the same.
I would have just have the lotto people deposit the money in my account and skip the entire promotional process altogether......

But then think of what they used to do? They put you in a newspaper headline and then publish your name and address.....

A lottery winner in China donned a mascot costume to claim his $30.6 million lottery jackpot in order to keep his wife and children from finding out about the prize.

The Guangxi Welfare Lottery said the man, identified only by the pseudonym Li, said he has been playing the lottery for about 10 years and normally uses the numbers 02-15-19-26-27-29-02.
Hahahah

😂

I would have just have the lotto people deposit the money in my account and skip the entire promotional process altogether......

But then think of what they used to do? They put you in a newspaper headline and then publish your name and address.....

Address?! wow that would have been a silly time to have won the lottery.

Still I would rather win the jackpot and have full name and address published than to not win the jackpot hahahahahaha.

Still I would rather win the jackpot and have full name and address published than to not win the jackpot hahahahahaha.
Depends on how much you win........

Depends on how much you win........

I'd say it's an irrelevancy. The more you win, the more you don't mind (can escape the attention with resources won) the less you win the less others care. Overall though maybe the graph goes from don't care down to care and back up to don't care. The lowest point of prize won meaning highest care factor for me might be something like $5 million. More than that and it begins not mattering if published, less than that, people don't care that much.

A nice desirable property in good areas of Sydney or Melbourne or any good Chinese city is like $3 million lol so basically $5 million won or less is where people will think oh that's not much for a lottery jackpot win.

I'd say it's an irrelevancy. The more you win, the more you don't mind (can escape the attention with resources won) the less you win the less others care. Overall though maybe the graph goes from don't care down to care and back up to don't care. The lowest point of prize won meaning highest care factor for me might be something like $5 million. More than that and it begins not mattering if published, less than that, people don't care that much.

A nice desirable property in good areas of Sydney or Melbourne or any good Chinese city is like $3 million lol so basically $5 million won or less is where people will think oh that's not much for a lottery jackpot win.
What if you won maybe 100G and the paper said you won the lotto and print your address, people reading that don't know you only win 100G and they thought you win maybe 1 mil or 10 mil or what. Are you okay to be kidnapped for 100G??

yeah, just sell the house and move to beverly hills, nigga.

What if you won maybe 100G and the paper said you won the lotto and print your address, people reading that don't know you only win 100G and they thought you win maybe 1 mil or 10 mil or what. Are you okay to be kidnapped for 100G??

Doubt anyone would kidnap for $100K. If they misunderstood, I will make sure to let them know. $100K doesn't buy you the lifestyle of $100M or $10M.

yeah, just sell the house and move to beverly hills, nigga.

Haha yes if the paper publish your address, immediately move.

Doubt anyone would kidnap for $100K. If they misunderstood, I will make sure to let them know. $100K doesn't buy you the lifestyle of $100M or $10M.

Haha yes if the paper publish your address, immediately move.
Well, that's the point, they wouldn't say how much you win in the article, just your name and address and the fact that you win the jackpot. I mean, it can be more than one ticket that win the jackpot you know, it would be sucks if you have like 1 of the 10 ticket that win the jackpot and got kidnapped or killed that way...

Back
Top Bottom