What's new

$30bn deal: US to sell F-15s to Saudi Arabia

F15 belongs to last century. Saudi should go for F35 and see whether the US is a true friend or just a dealer.

The F-15SA will be a rival to the most advanced jets the world has to offer. Read it's components.

The F-15SA will be a rival to the most advanced jets the world has to offer. Read it's components.

No matter how you upgrade it. The basic design is about 30 years old. It's a good bird only because the engine and the radar are good. But the engine and radar on F35 will be better if not equal.

Most US's ally go for F35 as their air-forces for the next 10 years, why Saudi went for this antique?

30 billion for just 84 jets what a lame deal.

84 F-15s plus 70 refurbishing to the F-15SA standards plus 70 apaches plus 72 black hawks plus 36 little birds with assorted ammunition and gear and training on each. The deal include thousands of missiles and guided bombs close to 8000.

Boeing unveiled a new version of its F-15 Eagle airplane, called the F-15SE, which is aimed primarily for export. The new design includes several improvements over earlier versions of the F-15, including improved stealth capabilities and a bay designed for carrying internal weapons as well as improved radar and electronic scanners.

f-15-diagram.gif

Below is Obama bowing to the King

obama-bows-to-saudi-king.jpg

You know it's true whatever weapons you get Israeli's always have the better version. This is why it's important for Countries like Egypt to strengthen ties with Russia and China, the USA will always give downgraded weapons similar to the Soviet Monkey Models.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Or more cooperation with Iran to start building a domestic defense industry.

You know it's true whatever weapons you get Israeli's always have the better version. This is why it's important for Countries like Egypt to strengthen ties with Russia and China, the USA will always give downgraded weapons similar to the Soviet Monkey Models.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Or more cooperation with Iran to start building a domestic defense industry.

Read on this plane capabilities the only thing downgraded is "joint long stand off weapons" a capability we have abundantly with the typhoon and the tornado.

Read on this plane capabilities the only thing downgraded is "joint long stand off weapons" a capability we have abundantly with the typhoon and the tornado.

Your capabilities are kept in Check the EU and USA would never offer Weapons that could Threaten Israel even to their closet Arab allies, that's why they pressured Russia not to sell Weapons to Syria and Lebanon but Russia went ahead anyway.. Close Relations with Iran, China, Russia is important.

84 F-15s plus 70 refurbishing to the F-15SA standards plus 70 apaches plus 72 black hawks plus 36 little birds with assorted ammunition and gear and training on each. The deal include thousands of missiles and guided bombs close to 8000.

Sounds a lot. But why not Saudi try to make them by yourselves? At least some missiles or bombs to start?
Saudi has much more resource than Pakistan and Egypt and even Iran. Look at what those countries have achieved.

saudis should have gone with su35s, they are cheaper and with better dogfight capabilities. If the Saudi f15 have BVR missiles then they are a better choice, but i doubt that

Such a useless thread so far. No one is talkin gabout the capabilities of F15SA, can someone throw out mor edetails on this bird.

Your capabilities are kept in Check the EU and USA would never offer Weapons that could Threaten Israel even to their closet Arab allies, that's why they pressured Russia not to sell Weapons to Syria and Lebanon but Russia went ahead anyway.. Close Relations with Iran, China, Russia is important.

I think the only reason this deal went through because of Russian support for Syria. We even signed a military co-operation agreement with Russia but I really hated how they supported the Assad butcher. They really fell from my eyes.

I think the only reason this deal went through because of Russian support for Syria. We even signed a military co-operation agreement with Russia but I really hated how they supported the Assad butcher. They really fell from my eyes.

You signed a deal with Russia to prevent the S-300 to be sold to Iran.

Sounds a lot. But why not Saudi try to make them by yourselves? At least some missiles or bombs to start?
Saudi has much more resource than Pakistan and Egypt and even Iran. Look at what those countries have achieved.

Only a couple of years ago did our defense industry really start. We still have a long way to go yet but all our new deals 50% of their money goes back into our economy by forcing defense companies to reinvest that money into local companies which is two birds with one stone we get ToT and local companies get huge funds.

What a wiered logic?

Look at my native country Egypt, it got downgraded Abram Tanks, Egyptians troops are trained the best out of all Arab armies. still they need better weaponry then downgraded weapons. the fact is the west will never sell weapons to Arabs they want Israel to keep the Edge that's why Cooperation With Iran, Russia, China are important. you heard first the USA throws a Bone to Israel then to the Arabs then the leftovers to Pakistan ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom