What's new

4.3 million Overseas Pakistanis registered as voters

A.Rafay

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Senate was informed that a total number of 4.3 million Overseas Pakistanis have been registered as voters in the electoral rolls on the relevant electoral areas throughout the country on the basis of Identity Cards for Overseas Pakistanis.

Law Minister Farooq H. Naek told the House during question hour that preparation and computerization of electoral rolls for elections to the assemblies is the responsibility of the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP).

He said Ministry of Law is considering implementing a law to enable overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes at Pakistani embassies or through other means in the elections. He said at present this facility is available in a few countries only including the US. Farooq Naek said the constitution of Pakistan allows overseas Pakistanis to cast their votes but doesn't allow foreign nationality holders to contest elections.

To a question‚ he said electoral rolls containing photographs and blank column for obtaining thumb impression of voter at the time of casting of votes will be available with the Presiding Officer on the polling day for General Elections 2013. He said the purpose of these steps is to discourage polling of bogus votes.

4.3 million Overseas Pakistanis registered as voters | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

Wait, so if I want to vote..what am I suppose to do? :blink:

when did this registering took place?

when did this registering took place?

May be before we left, our votes were registered already so they used old voter list in this case. Like my vote has been registered in mardan city, while I was in Lahore for quiet long time. And now I am holding NICOOP, so they know I am outside Pakistan.

I am sure , majority of them belongs to PTI, while few percentage of PPP AND PMLN ( their families members).

I am sure , majority of them belongs to PTI, while few percentage of PPP AND PMLN ( their families members).

I don't know about other countries, but i meet like every person, to support PML-N or ANP here in Muscat. Not a single support for PTI. And since Oman is neighboring country so there are more Pakistanis then any other country.

May be before we left, our votes were registered already so they used old voter list in this case. Like my vote has been registered in mardan city, while I was in Lahore for quiet long time. And now I am holding NICOOP, so they know I am outside Pakistan.

NICOOP is not registration as votes, it was advised by ECP that it overseas should get their NICOOP as a first step.

they were to announce registration and voting process. maybe NICOOP data is shared with ECP... and they have registered voters by copying it.

Well my vote is for Gen. Musharraf.

NICOOP is not registration as votes, it was advised by ECP that it overseas should get their NICOOP as a first step.

they were to announce registration and voting process. maybe NICOOP data is shared with ECP... and they have registered voters by copying it.

Yes I mean same, But I am also saying, We are already been registered in Pakistan. And after registering we left, so they use common sense (We Pakistanis don't have that still). I don't think new registration take place, if that happened, then there would be more wrong/fake data... They only identify in voter verification process, whether that person is there? If not where is He? In my case they try to verify my vote in My old city, when they couldn't they try to track with NICOOP and they found it.

Big Enterprises, are based on MIS reports, which shows lots of details from which they can identify the things.. If that is Happening in ECP, then it's good thing. If they just use NICOOP data to register new voters then it can be mess in next election.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom