What's new

4 in 10 Canadians say Pierre Poilievre best choice for PM: poll, Canadians consider Justin Trudeau the worst prime minister of the last 55 years

Raj-Hindustani

Reaction score
Country
India

4 in 10 Canadians say Pierre Poilievre best choice for PM: poll​

author-placeholder.jpg

By David Baxter Global News
Posted September 21, 2023 5:00 pm
Updated September 21, 2023 6:05 pm

Global News Hour at 6 BC: India shuts visa offices in Canada
close video
WATCH: A new survey suggests the Conservative party continues to gain popularity over the governing Liberals, according to exclusive Ipsos polling for Global News.
LEAVE A COMMENTSHARE THIS ITEM ON FACEBOOKSHARE THIS ITEM ON TWITTERSEND THIS PAGE TO SOMEONE VIA EMAILSEE MORE SHARING OPTIONS

DESCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE
INCREASE ARTICLE FONT SIZE
Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre’s polling momentum continues to chug along with 40 per cent of Canadians saying he’s the best choice to be prime minister, according to a new Ipsos poll done exclusively for Global News.
70c8fc80

Poilievre’s favourables on this question are up five points from a year ago. The number of respondents who think Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is the best choice remains static year-over-year at 31 per cent.
Ipsos CEO Darrell Bricker said this gap shows the Conservatives could form a majority government if an election was held today.
“When you take a look at why Canadians are feeling the way they are right now, [there’s] real dissatisfaction with the direction of the country. Particularly when it concerns the big issues that are on their personal agendas,” Bricker said, citing cost of living, access to housing and inflation.
STORY CONTINUES BELOW ADVERTISEMENT

“So a real economic set of concerns.”
Ipsos’ preferred prime minister findings for Sept. 21, 2023 based on 1,500 respondents.
View image in full screen
Ipsos’ preferred prime minister findings for Sept. 21, 2023 based on 1,500 respondents. Global News
The amount of respondents who think NDP Leader Jagmeet Singh is the best choice to be prime minister slipped four points since September 2022, with 22 per cent of respondents saying he’s the best choice to lead the government.
On core issues facing Canada around the economy, health care and housing, the poll found a plurality of Canadians think Poilievre has the best plans across all three areas.
Click to play video: 'Liberal caucus gathers as party slumps in the polls'

2:47Liberal caucus gathers as party slumps in the polls
Regionally, Poilievre’s favourables top the list in every province and region except for Quebec. The territories were not included in this poll.

{"uid":"7","hostPeerName":"https://globalnews.ca","initialGeometry":"{\"windowCoords_t\":0,\"windowCoords_r\":1536,\"windowCoords_b\":824,\"windowCoords_l\":0,\"frameCoords_t\":3601.0623168945312,\"frameCoords_r\":386.6000061035156,\"frameCoords_b\":3602.0623168945312,\"frameCoords_l\":385.6000061035156,\"styleZIndex\":\"auto\",\"allowedExpansion_t\":0,\"allowedExpansion_r\":0,\"allowedExpansion_b\":0,\"allowedExpansion_l\":0,\"xInView\":0,\"yInView\":0}","permissions":"{\"expandByOverlay\":true,\"expandByPush\":false,\"readCookie\":false,\"writeCookie\":false}","metadata":"{\"shared\":{\"sf_ver\":\"1-0-40\",\"ck_on\":1,\"flash_ver\":\"0\"}}","reportCreativeGeometry":false,"isDifferentSourceWindow":false,"goog_safeframe_hlt":{}}" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" width="300" height="250" data-is-safeframe="true" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation-by-user-activation" allow="attribution-reporting" role="region" aria-label="Advertisement" tabindex="0" data-google-container-id="7" style="box-sizing: border-box; --tw-border-spacing-x: 0; --tw-border-spacing-y: 0; --tw-translate-x: 0; --tw-translate-y: 0; --tw-rotate: 0; --tw-skew-x: 0; --tw-skew-y: 0; --tw-scale-x: 1; --tw-scale-y: 1; --tw-pan-x: ; --tw-pan-y: ; --tw-pinch-zoom: ; --tw-scroll-snap-strictness: proximity; --tw-gradient-from-position: ; --tw-gradient-via-position: ; --tw-gradient-to-position: ; --tw-ordinal: ; --tw-slashed-zero: ; --tw-numeric-figure: ; --tw-numeric-spacing: ; --tw-numeric-fraction: ; --tw-ring-inset: ; --tw-ring-offset-width: 0px; --tw-ring-offset-color: #fff; --tw-ring-color: rgb(59 130 246 / 0.5); --tw-ring-offset-shadow: 0 0 #0000; --tw-ring-shadow: 0 0 #0000; --tw-shadow: 0 0 #0000; --tw-shadow-colored: 0 0 #0000; --tw-blur: ; --tw-brightness: ; --tw-contrast: ; --tw-grayscale: ; --tw-hue-rotate: ; --tw-invert: ; --tw-saturate: ; --tw-sepia: ; --tw-drop-shadow: ; --tw-backdrop-blur: ; --tw-backdrop-brightness: ; --tw-backdrop-contrast: ; --tw-backdrop-grayscale: ; --tw-backdrop-hue-rotate: ; --tw-backdrop-invert: ; --tw-backdrop-opacity: ; --tw-backdrop-saturate: ; --tw-backdrop-sepia: ; border: 0px; margin: 0px auto; vertical-align: bottom;">
The poll shows Poilievre has pulled ahead as preferred prime minister in Ontario at 42 per cent, compared to Trudeau’s 38 per cent.
When it comes to cities, Bricker says the suburbs will be the battleground in the next election.
“Downtowns, no they’re pretty much a dead zone for the Conservative Party in most parts of the country,” Bricker said.
“But the suburbs, they’re competitive in. Particularly in the car-commuting suburbs around the city of Toronto and other big cities where we’ve seen the most population growth and the parts of the country that are seeing more seats as we go through redistribution.”
While the Conservatives could potentially form a majority government with this kind of popularity, Bricker said the tighter support levels around Ontario likely mean it would be one with a thin margin.
In Atlantic Canada, Poilievre currently enjoys a 20-point lead over Trudeau, with 48 per cent of respondents saying Poilievre would make the best prime minister.
Ipsos’ regional preferred prime minister findings for Sept. 21, 2023 based on 1,500 respondents.
View image in full screen
Ipsos’ regional preferred prime minister findings for Sept. 21, 2023 based on 1,500 respondents. Global News
The Liberals swept the Atlantic ridings on their way to forming a majority government in the 2015 election.

In Quebec, the lone province that sees Trudeau as the best bet for prime minister, he has 34 per cent support against Poilievre’s 23 per cent.

Time for a change at the top?​

Trudeau has maintained that he plans on leading the Liberal Party into the next election, but a majority of respondents don’t think that’s a good idea.
Ipsos’ results suggest 60 per cent of Canadians think it’s time for Trudeau to step aside as leader and let someone else lead the Liberals into the next election. This is up from 54 per cent in a December 2022 poll.
Currently, the minority Liberals have a supply and confidence agreement with the NDP. That party has agreed to support the government on confidence matters until the next scheduled election in fall 2025.
Click to play video: 'Poilievre claims Trudeau ‘panicked’ for ‘plummeting’ in polls over parliament’s summer break'

1:42Poilievre claims Trudeau ‘panicked’ for ‘plummeting’ in polls over parliament’s summer break
In exchange, the Liberals agreed to advance key NDP priorities like dentalcare and pharmacare, with legislation expected on the latter by the end of the year.

Is Trudeau doing vote politics to regain popularity?

Will conservatives ignore Indian rogue state crimes in Canada?

They said the same thing about jean Chretiann, Steven harper( or people who were pm whenever the poll was done) etc. People in general have bad memory.

What would you do if the Pakistani army went after any Baloch people, Pakistanis, or Afghans in Afghanistan and killed them who were involved in criminal activity in Pakistan?

Will you later regret asking the world community to address Afghan concerns about Pakistan's innervations in Afghanistan?

If yes, then you have a point to talk about it, you need to chill out and don't act like a cheerleader.

In our word - don't be become - "Begane shaadi me Abdulla diwana"

I hope they do. Otherwise their ratings will drop too. These RSS Hindutva RAW seem to have become kinda powerful these days.

What would you do if the Pakistani army went after any Baloch people, Pakistanis, or Afghans in Afghanistan and killed them who were involved in criminal activity in Pakistan?

Will you later regret asking the world community to address Afghan concerns about Pakistan's innervations in Afghanistan?

If yes, then you have a point to talk about it, you need to chill out and don't act like a cheerleader.

In our word - don't be become - "Begane shaadi me Abdulla diwana"

Yeah but Canada has a functional court system, a democratic government, law and order

Go into a backwater like Afghanistan because their is a non existent system or state to deal with is one thing, but murdering a Canadian citizen without trial or jury is an action of a rogue state

Trudeau may very well not be elected but will the conservatives ignore the murder of Canadian citizens by a rogue state like India?

Trudeau has all of a sudden become a bad person for India. Suddenly Indians woke up on PDF and decided to bash Trudeau on an hourly basis LOL

This is cringe

Does Indians really believe conservatives will be ok with it lmao

They would ban all Indians by now. At least liberals are lot more soft and diplomatic. Conservative in Canada is becoming more like us right wanna be nationalist.

Trudeau has all of a sudden become a bad person for India. Suddenly Indians woke up on PDF and decided to bash Trudeau on an hourly basis LOL
Not really Clowns get counted, when they put on a show.

He did one in 2018 and got laughed at, he went a bit dark this time and is getting his just deserts lol.

This is cringe

Does Indians really believe conservatives will be ok with it lmao

They would ban all Indians by now. At least liberals are lot more soft and diplomatic. Conservative in Canada is becoming more like us right wanna be nationalist.
Tell the Govt whose flag you got, to ban us all

Its been 24 hrs I believe India has banned issuing Visas to Canadians, haven't seen any retaliation from that side till now? Perhaps Daddy Sam hasn't given permission?

Now let me the tell you the real cringe: All the cheer leaders on here doing Canadian Cosplay and praying it happens 'Saaaaaarrrr .. Plzzzzzzzzz .. saaaaarr.. India bad saaarrrrr.. ban saaaarrrr" :lol:

Not really Clowns get counted, when they put on a show.

He did one in 2018 and got laughed at, he went a bit dark this time and is getting his just deserts lol.

Tell the Govt whose flag you got, to ban us all

Its been 24 hrs I believe India has banned issuing Visas to Canadians, haven't seen any retaliation from that side till now? Perhaps Daddy Sam hasn't given permission?

Now let me the tell you the real cringe: All the cheer leaders on here doing Canadian Cosplay and praying it happens 'Saaaaaarrrr .. Plzzzzzzzzz .. saaaaarr.. India bad saaarrrrr.. ban saaaarrrr" :lol:
that’s exactly what I said.

You guys should suck dick of JT he is lot nicer and diplomatic lol

If it was conservative in power Indians will be ban by now.

That’s why I find it hilarious Indian poster here thinking liberals are bad.

Liberals allowing desperate Indians come to Canada in large numbers who can’t get us green card lol. So be happy.

that’s exactly what I said.

You guys should suck dick of JT he is lot nicer and diplomatic lol

If it was conservative in power Indians will be ban by now.

That’s why I find it hilarious Indian poster here thinking liberals are bad.
Sorry we aren't Lungis to do that, but guess we all know now what you do there lol.

I also find it funny that your lot, needed Pajeet help to keep Uncle Sam off your back. Still they want to impose some sort of control, guess they know what too much stitching does.

Keep telling me how the stitching (or sucking?) is going on in KANADDA :lol:

You lot can cry as much as you want, but jackshit isn't gonna happen. Don't you find it pathetic to swing between 'The big bad wolf eating us up or whatever' shit you scared about and ' oh we lunis take asses and kick name'

Bitch please

Sorry we aren't Lungis to do that, but guess we all know now what you do there lol.

I also find it funny that your lot, needed Pajeet help to keep Uncle Sam off your back. Still they want to impose some sort of control, guess they know what too much stitching does.

Keep telling me how the stitching is going on in KANADDA :lol:

You lot can cry as much as you want, but jackshit isn't gonna happen. Don't you find it pathetic to swing between 'The big bad wolf eating us up or whatever' shit you scared about and ' oh we lunis take asses and kick name'

Bitch please
Yawn

Lolz desperate indian ha ha
Your lot are desperate to come here

As I said you guys should suck dick of JT instead of saying bad things about him

Other choice is go to USA jail or go back to slum land lol

Yawn

Lolz desperate indian ha ha
Your lot are desperate to come here

As I said you guys should suck dick of JT instead of saying bad things about him

Other choice is go to USA jail or go back to slum land lol
Bitch please :lol:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom