What's new

4 killed, 20 injured in India blast

Trooper

Reaction score
Monday, April 06, 2009
4 killed, 20 injured in India blast NEW DELHI: At least four people were killed and 20 were injured in a powerful car bomb blast in Maligaon area in Guwahati on Monday, according to TV reports.

Reports said the blast took place near Jalukbari police station, triggering a fire.

Several cars were reportedly gutted in the fire at the blast site.

The authorities suspected the hand of United Liberation Front of Asom (ULFA) rebels behind the blast in Assam's largest city.

Police have cordoned off the area and the injured were being rushed to nearby hospital.

Asaam huh now let me see an Indian tell us to clean up our backyard without us telling them the same.:flame:

rather we should start blaming the ISI and pakistan without a thought...right?

Asaam huh now let me see an Indian tell us to clean up our backyard without us telling them the same.:flame:

Man you are sick and u stink big time.:angry: I can feel your stench here in India.:angry:

May the souls of the dead rest in peace. May god give strength and long life to the family and relatives of the dead.

no politics on blood.kill terrorists every were in world.its sad news for me because of innocents blood is same in whole world.

May god have mercy on their souls, to our Pakistani members (guys please lets be hospitable, lives lost are lives lost.) to all the Indian members on this fourm, i speak for myself when i say my thoughts are with those who died and their lovedones.

May they rest in peace, Amen.

Quit trolling. It was ULFA, and dont compare Pakistan scenario with that in India. We are light years ahead in security and acting against terror.

Press Trust of India

Monday, April 06, 2009, (Guwahati)

Eight persons were killed and more than 24 injured on Monday in two bomb explosions triggered by suspected ULFA militants at Maligaon in Guwahati and Dhekiajuli in northern Assam.

Several vehicles and two wheelers caught fire in Guwahati immediately after the explosion with fire-tenders arriving shortly afterwards.

Complete chaos prevailed in the area with people angered over repeated blasts in the city attacking the police and their vehicles.

Traffic was thrown out of gear with hundreds of vehicles stranded.

Nine of the injured were admitted to the nearby Sanjivani Hospital, two at the N F Railway hospital and rest to the Gauhati Medical College Hospital, the sources said.

The blast site was cordoned off by the security forces suspecting that there could be more bombs. People were also angry that the recently launched `Mrintunjoy 108' emergency service ambulances failed to arrive on time even after being informed.

Police made a lathi-charge to control the unruly mob, the sources said.

The bomb was suspected to have been planted near the `Ma Santoshi Cabin' restaurant adjacent to the Shiv Mandir in Maligaon Chariali area when it was crowded with shoppers and children returning home from school.

DIG G P Singh said the exact toll would be ascertained only after the rescue operations were complete.

The nature of the blast would be ascertained only after investigations, he added.

An alert was sounded in the state after the blast particularly in view of visits by a host of Central political leaders for campaigning in the state.

ULFA regularly resorts to such blasts in the state on the eve of their founding day as a show of strength.

So sad to hear.
May they rest in peace.

Terrorists are on no body's side because they have lost their humanity.
There is no hope for someone who likes killing of innocent people who have done him no harm.

Regardless of anyone's claim i think this entire region is hard pressed to combat the modern terrorist networks, especially since we are at each others throat for majority of the time.

Time to deal with ULFA with iron hand. No blaming Bangladesh. It is our mess, we need to clean it up....

india should deal with the terrorsits cuz' at the momment it doesn't seem to be working. india is on the edge of a failure. india is incabale to deal with the mess on its back yard and problem for the region.

india should deal with the terrorsits cuz' at the momment it doesn't seem to be working. india is on the edge of a failure. india is incabale to deal with the mess on its back yard and problem for the region.

What the fkuc is this? What doesn't seem to be working? Explain your statement - India is on the edge of failure? Because to India & all the world, India is rising & well on the way towards progress.

And US, NATO all already closing in on the area which is problem for the region. It ain't Assam.

This isn't ULFA. They are the easiest fingerpoint. Advanced IED was used which is accessible and operable to only Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI), Extremist Group, Bangladesh. Just like TNT which was used in the past blast.
Congress will never admit the reality because it was them who promoted the illegal immigrants.
This will keep happening in assam unless the immigrant held areas in the river islands are cleared (thats where they store their explosives) and there is no policing or army in those areas. Next thing needed is to seal the bangladesh border.

Excuse was tomorrow's 30th raising day of ULFA, so that they are blamed for anything that happens today.

Root cause is, the congress govt now feels that immigrant situation is going worst and they denied to collaborate with the UNIted Democratic front (political party formed by immigrated bangladeshis) in assam . The CM feels that his own people are not going to forgive him if an immigrant becomes the CM someday later.

This isn't ULFA. They are the easiest fingerpoint. Advanced IED was used which is accessible and operable to only Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami (HuJI), Extremist Group, Bangladesh. Just like TNT which was used in the past blast.
Congress will never admit the reality because it was them who promoted the illegal immigrants.
This will keep happening in assam unless the immigrant held areas in the river islands are cleared (thats where they store their explosives) and there is no policing or army in those areas. Next thing needed is to seal the bangladesh border.

Excuse was tomorrow's 30th raising day of ULFA, so that they are blamed for anything that happens today.

Root cause is, the congress govt now feels that immigrant situation is going worst and they denied to collaborate with the UNIted Democratic front (political party formed by immigrated bangladeshis) in assam . The CM feels that his own people are not going to forgive him if an immigrant becomes the CM someday later.

Whoever be the mastermind, Indian govt can not ignore its utter failure in NE states. We have failed to keep check on terror activities, mostly due to apathy. Everytime Assam police says they had intelligence. If true, they should be kicked out. They never acted on intelligence.

If Bangladesh is sponsoring, a case needs to be made. Something like a dossier which we created in 26/11. Make a case, send the info to the world. Secure our borders. AND...Act on intelligence.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom