What's new

50 American companies that rule the world

You might have a rosy picture from abroad but living here in one the richest states in the USA I see the beauty and the warts. Seeing adult men in the prime of their lives rummaging through bins is sad and disheartening. Seeing the number of repossessions (foreclosures) of properties because people lose their jobs or are hit by extortionate medical bills is truly shocking. Yes most people make money but their faces have a bitter expression and they hardly ever smile. So what if it has a lot of millionaires or billionaires , all this means is that circulation of money and anti-monopoly has failed. A lot of the so called millionaires have made a fortune by fraud on wall street at the expense of investors etc etc.
Actually, no, I do not have a rosy picture from here. Every country have its share of imperfections, but you still live in a much better place.

Come to Pakistan and see the difference. Beggers in every chowk, dusty roads, pollution, traffic hazards, joblessness, socio-economic injustice (enormous wage gaps), corruption, lawlessness, costly commodities, shortcomings in services, and vice versa. You will either turn into a patient of depression here or become desensitized to issues of a backward country over time. Where I live at present, even 2 mbps PTCL broadband service is abysmal (and I have to study).

I disagree with your view that majority of Americans became millionnaires and billionnaires through fraud. Americans are generally tech-savvy and do well in the domain of entrepreneurship, and this is why they have established majority of the largest brands in the world.

Do you think that the companies listed in this thread, are outcomes of fraud?

I have two Uncles who live in New York City; they understand this city and its dynamics inside out. I have relatives and friends in other states as well.

Last edited:
Actually, no, I do not have a rosy picture from here. Every country have its share of imperfections, but you still live in a much better place.

Come to Pakistan and see the difference. Beggers in every chowk, dusty roads, pollution, traffic hazards, joblessness, socio-economic injustice (enormous wage gaps), corruption, lawlessness, costly commodities, shortcomings in services, and vice versa. You will turn into a patient of depression here.

I disagree with your view that majority of Americans became millionnaires and billionnaires through fraud. American entrepreneurship drive is very strong, and this is why they have established majority of the largest brands in the world.

Do you think that the companies listed in this thread, are outcomes of fraud? Nope. I have two Uncles who live in New York City; they understand this city and its dynamics inside out.

Many people in the US are worth a million but you would never know it. $500,000 in your retirement ($10K/yr * 30 yrs = $300K with no interest) plus a house worth $500,000 with no mortgage makes you a millionaire.

His fraud assertion is ridiculous. Most are millionaires by sticking to a long-term plan. Most millionaires are created the day they make their last mortgage payment.

"rule the world", LMAO. I see more than half of the companies listed don't even have more than 5% of the market in China, Japan, Korea the 2nd, 3rd largest economy in the world, how do you "rule" the world when you don't even have significant presence in 2nd, 3rd largest economy in the world?

Back
Top Bottom