What's new

50 million Pakistanis suffer from iodine deficiency

trolling calling is against the rules and no personal attacks, go and read rules.

Exactly...Calling someone a troll is violation and trolling itself is not violation!!??

Read the rules at first before asking others to read. Peace

We have tons of salt and perhaps of the best quality in the whole world. If this news is true we should work on eradicating iodine deficiency ?

BTW i guess iodine deficiency causes throat cancer right ?

Standardize on Iodized salt , ban other types of salt especially in hilly areas etc . Iodene deficiency cause several growth related problems and mental incapability too. A dangerous situation which needs to be urgently tackled.

We have tons of salt and perhaps of the best quality in the whole world. If this news is true we should work on eradicating iodine deficiency ?

BTW i guess iodine deficiency causes throat cancer right ?

Goiter, and acutely low IQ (bordering mental retardation).

Preventable, by consuming a lot of seafood.

Precisely Iodine deficiency Goitre (simple Goitre), Goitres can be cancerous if not the cause is iodine insufficiency.

Thanks again,

this is weird or rare day because i am not fighting with pakistanis. I hope, this will be not the last day but can't say about everyday

iodine deficiency is more common in hilly areas ...... Public awareness is necessary .... iodine salt should be used in those areas so that deficiency of iodine can be minimized ..........
dont use this thread as point scoring because its a health issue which is common in Pakistan and India both ......

this problem was not exclusive to Pakistan . we had this problem too in India . in the 60s when the government started to advocate iodize salt . many roomers spread , it was supposed to cause you impotence. make you blind. not many people bought the salt . preferring rock salt .
then the government banned rock salt and things improved slowly . now a days you can only get rock salt in the coastal areas . that too only in the summer.

Back
Top Bottom