What's new

57% adolescent boys, 53% girls think wife beating is justified

i dont know how representative the sample is - but if 53% girls even believe it's okay then its no wonder why females are often being abused in that country

while black sheep exist in Pakistan (those who use gang rape as a tool of revenge, acid for honour etc.) I think indian should learn from Pakistan about how to respect women - at home, on the street and in the professional work space

bastards i never raised even my voice on my girl friend forget about raising hand i will be frank here my gf has slped me twice or thrice due to my smoking still i dint shouted at her slapping her will be the most horrible thing to do :(

if a man raises his hand on a girl he is not worth calling a man

i dont know how representative the sample is - but if 53% girls even believe it's okay then its no wonder why females are often being abused in that country

while black sheep exist in Pakistan (those who use gang rape as a tool of revenge, acid for honour etc.) I think indian should learn from Pakistan about how to respect women - at home, on the street and in the professional work space

Yeah one of the benefits of not doing a census in over 15 years, you can take the moral high ground :lol:

Just because Pakistan didn't even have the data available doesn't mean Pakistan doesn't have domestic violence. Going by the other Muslim countries data I wouldn't be surprised if Pakistan had a higher percentage than India.

bastards i never raised even my voice on my girl friend forget about raising hand i will be frank here my gf has slped me twice or thrice due to my smoking still i dint shouted at her slapping her will be the most horrible thing to do :(

eufff yaaar!

how can she slap??

HOW CAN SHE SLAP!!!!? :angry:

Thats true. But you shouldn't let your gf slap you either:cheesy:

In their latest book of the Freakonomics series, Superfreakonomics, the authors cite the findings of two American economists Robert Jensen and Emily Oster that cable TV in 2700 households empowered Indian women to be more autonomous. Cable TV households had lower birthrates, less domestic abuse and kept more girls in school. Here are some highlights from the book about India:

1. If women could choose their birthplace, India might not be a wise choice of a place for any of them to be born.

2. In spite of recent economic success and euphoria about India, the people of India remain excruciatingly poor.

3. Literacy is low, and corruption is high in India.

4. Only half the Indian households have electricity, and fewer have running water.

5. Only one in 4 Indian homes has a toilet.

6. 40% of families with girls want to have more children, but families with boys do not want a baby girl.

7. It's especially unlucky to be born female, baby boy is like a 401 K retirement plan, baby girl requires a dowry fund.

8. Smile Train in Chennai did cleft repair surgery at no cost for poor children. A man was asked how many children he had. He said he had 1, a boy. It turned out that he also had 5 daughters which he did not mention.

9. Indian midwives in Tamil Nadu are paid $2.50 to kill girls with cleft deformity.

10. Girls are highly undervalued, there are 35 million fewer females than males, presumed dead, killed by midwife or parent or starved to death. Unltrasound are used mainly to find and destroy female fetuses. Ultrasound and abortion are available even in the smallest villages with no electricity or clean water.

11. If lucky enough not to be aborted, girls face inequality and cruelty at every turn because of low social status of Indian women.

12. 51% of Indian men say wife beating is justified, 54% women agree, especially when dinner is burned or they leave home without husband's permission.

13. High number of unwanted pregnancies, STDs, HIV infections happen to Indian women when 15% of the condoms fail. Indian Council of Medical Research found that 60% of Indian men's genitalia are too small to fit the condoms manufactured to international standard sizes.

14. Indian laws to protect women are widely ignored. The government has tried monetary rewards to keep baby girls and supported microfinance for women. NGO programs, smaller condoms, and other projects have had limited success.

15. People had little interest in State run TV channel due to poor reception or boring programs. But cable television has helped women, as 150 million people between 2001-2006 got cable TV which gave them exposure to wider world.

16. American economists found that the effect of TV in 2700 households empowered women to be more autonomous. Cable TV households had lower birthrates, less domestic abuse and kept daughters in schools.

Haq's Musings: Superfreakonomics on Status of Indian Women

well, u gotta appreciate it if she gets mad for your smoking......if she told you to go smoke and go drive drunk, you'd be in need of a new girlfriend

and i'm a smoker too (hopefully not for much longer) so i know your situation

hahaha.. Give Me A Break Sir.
Indians very well know how to respect women.

This survey is anything but true.

A Boy can beat a modern Indian Girl? lolzz. In his Dreams..!

If a man raises his hand on a girl he is not worth calling a man

Exactly.. And if a Woman thinks it's justified, She's not worth calling a woman!

:lol:

I think we need re-calibrate who the man in the relationship is and who the woman is. :lol:

She slapped you for what you do personally, if I were you I'd slap her back.

its my fault actually cant quit smoking

:lol:

Oh my..

Someone needs to check if they still have their manhood in place..

New version of a 'man': one who takes order from women, who blames himself for all wrong, who takes every crap from women, who lets them hit them and talk sh*t this face.. you get my idea. That's what apparently what a 'man' is now :lol:

Very sad for India that they think this way... Lots of Indian people watch Bollywood I think that's where the abuse comes frm

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom