What's new

5th generation fighter aircraft to 6th generation fighter aircraft?

I take the word of many economic experts who almost unanimously predict the Chinese economy to be much larger than the US by 2030. Most think between 50-100% larger and still growing quicker than the US.

Over time a larger economy translates to military superiority. I thought even you would understand that basic principle.:lol:

As a Palestinian you should know that continued US dominance means no justice to your Palestinian brethen.

US is the reason that allows Jews to occupy Palestinian land.

It's silly, it's like predicting the stock market. You can't. The same was said about Japan in the 80's. Even with a larger population and more PhD's the capacity is better in the US.

And I know what US dominance means, that's why I stated in my post if our economy picks up I don't want an unjust America....

It's silly, it's like predicting the stock market. You can't. The same was said about Japan in the 80's. Even with a larger population and more PhD's the capacity is better in the US.

And I know what US dominance means, that's why I stated in my post if our economy picks up I don't want an unjust America....

I think you are smarter than trying to compare China with Japan.

You feel some loyalty to the US for letting you stay.

Fair enough - No point carrying on with you.

When 6th generation comes out(~2030), China's economy will be far larger than the US.

So, keep dreaming about your continued dominance.:lol:
Still china is depend on West.... they are export driven country... not technologically advanced as USA... Dreaming???? actually other countries including china dreaming to have sophisticated platforms like US got... They achieved lot of things... which remained dream to others countries.... what are you laughing at??? nuts???

Still china is depend on West.... they are export driven country... not technologically advanced as USA... Dreaming???? actually other countries including china dreaming to have sophisticated platforms like US got... They achieved lot of things... which remained dream to others countries.... what are you laughing at??? nuts???

Now would someone like to explain why China in 2013 has beaten the US/EU and Russia to win the Turkish SAM competition if they are so technologically backwards?

China dependent on West? Why would the US help China grow richer and stronger if it could just stop this right now?

I think you are smarter than trying to compare China with Japan.

You feel some loyalty to the US for letting you stay.

Fair enough - No point carrying on with you.

I'm not comparing the two, I'm showing you that these predictions aren't entirely accurate. And I feel loyalty to what? I don't get what you're saying here.

People know my record here I am against most of our policies and often side with 'enemies' of this nation.

Now would someone like to explain why China in 2013 has beaten the US/EU and Russia to win the Turkish SAM competition if they are so technologically backwards?

China dependent on West? Why would the US help China grow richer and stronger if it could just stop this right now?
china is export driven country...Depended on Exports... my god if chinese SAM got selected, is that mean china is technologically advanced than USA??? really dude??? then France is also ahead of USA too bcz Rafale been selected over USA jets...

I'm not comparing the two, I'm showing you that these predictions aren't entirely accurate. And I feel loyalty to what? I don't get what you're saying here.

People know my record here I am against most of our policies and often side with 'enemies' of this nation.

Who says that the predictions are set in stone?

I would still take the word of professional economists over some laymen.

The world resolves on probabilities and I picked up a poster who thinks he KNOWS that the US will retain dominance for ever and ever. He knows no such thing.

china is export driven country??? my god if chinese SAM got selected, is that mean china is technologically advanced than USA??? really dude??? then France is also ahead of USA too bcz Rafale been selected over USA jets...

If the F-22 was offered against the French Rafale, then India would have picked the F-22 even at 200 million dollar a copy.

Seriously, now I know why I never bothered with you last time you were here.

The world resolves on probabilities and I picked up a poster who thinks he KNOWS that the US will retain dominance for ever and ever. He knows no such thing.

If the F-22 was offered against the French Rafale, then India would have picked the F-22 even at 200 million dollar a copy.

Same applicable... USA will never sell the best to others... what ever they pickup for sale... is less capable than what they got... well i don't talk blindly like you do...

Okay, I didn't realize gambit inferred that. So you two can settle it.

I take the word of many economic experts who almost unanimously predict the Chinese economy to be much larger than the US by 2030. Most think between 50-100% larger and still growing quicker than the US.

Over time a larger economy translates to military superiority. I thought even you would understand that basic principle.:lol:
You might want to read up on what economists said about Japan back in the 1980s, granted, you were either never born or a child back then, but some of those 'predictions' about Japan made it on the Internet by now.

2030 is not that far away and it took US one decade to develop and field the F-22. And how long does it take to build an aircraft carrier? The question is not about numerical superiority because despite our technological advantage, we still believe in the old saying 'There is safety in numbers', but the better question that we answered, that China have yet to learn, is how and when to apply numerical superiority. Can the PLA gain that experience in 16 yrs? The PLA, not the economy.

You might want to read up on what economists said about Japan back in the 1980s, granted, you were either never born or a child back then, but some of those 'predictions' about Japan made it on the Internet by now.

2030 is not that far away and it took US one decade to develop and field the F-22. And how long does it take to build an aircraft carrier? The question is not about numerical superiority because despite our technological advantage, we still believe in the old saying 'There is safety in numbers', but the better question that we answered, that China have yet to learn, is how and when to apply numerical superiority. Can the PLA gain that experience in 16 yrs? The PLA, not the economy.

Forget what some loser economists said about Japan:lol:

Japan is 1/3rd the population of the US and around dozens of times smaller in land area.

Of course it did not really have a chance to catch up with the US in GDP size.

Looking at the Chinese, they are now around 60% of the size in nominal GDP and 80% of the size PPP wise. US economy is growing 2% a year and the Chinese economy is growing 8% a year. Also take into account the roughly 3% currency appreciation of the Chinese currency that will happen for a good more years.

I am not saying that China will be technologically more advanced than the US by 2030 but they should be comparable. US will lead in some areas, China in others and they will be comparable in others.

What I am confident is that by 2030, the Chinese will to all extent and purposes be a peer to the US the likes of which the Soviet Union never was. US may still have a larger and better Navy but the Chinese will have the edge economically and the technological gap will be small if not non-existent.

I am not a military expert but let us stop fantasizing about never ending US dominance as the US will probably be soon overtaken for the first in a century by another country in GDP size.

A bigger economy does not translate to a better fighting capability dude.

You must take into account the geography of US and China too. The reason why the US tries to police the World is that it need not deploy much force to guard it's own borders. It's location is actually it's biggest boon. Whereas, China is hemmed in by all of it's neighbors and it has to continually deploy it's forces within it's borders along all it's flanks. To do that and then to take on the US will still take a long time for China. Perhaps fifty years from now, China might get on par with US in offensive capabilities.

I am not a military expert but let us stop fantasizing about never ending US dominance as the US will probably be soon overtaken for the first in a century by another country in GDP size.
Then may be you should do the same for economics expert: Look them up.

Then stop fantasizing about the PLA being able to challenge US by 2030. By 2030, if we do not trespass China's airspace at will, it is because we CHOSE not to, not because we cannot do so.

Then may be you should do the same for economics expert: Look them up.

Then stop fantasizing about the PLA being able to challenge US by 2030. By 2030, if we do not trespass China's airspace at will, it is because we CHOSE not to, not because we cannot do so.

Oh no. back to fantasizing again.

A bigger economy does not translate to a better fighting capability dude.

You must take into account the geography of US and China too. The reason why the US tries to police the World is that it need not deploy much force to guard it's own borders. It's location is actually it's biggest boon. Whereas, China is hemmed in by all of it's neighbors and it has to continually deploy it's forces within it's borders along all it's flanks. To do that and then to take on the US will still take a long time for China. Perhaps fifty years from now, China might get on par with US in offensive capabilities.

You may a decent point but.....

If China reaches twice the size of the US GDP-wise, needing only half the GDP/capita, then they can take on the US. Most economists think this size will be reached in around 20 years from now.

Remember a lot of US power is actually economic and not military.

You may a decent point but.....

If China reaches twice the size of the US GDP-wise, needing only half the GDP/capita, then they can take on the US. Most economists think this size will be reached in around 20 years from now.

Remember a lot of US power is actually economic and not military.

A lot of US power is also about it's soft-power. China has not succeeded in finding mass international appeal to it's companies, it's movies or it's way of life like the US. This means that other Nations will continue to favour the US over China. I feel that nothing much would have changed in this regard in 20 years time.

Also, since China's success has actually hinged upon manufacture rather than innovation, a model that again might not have changed significantly in 20 years. Even if these have changed in 20 years, one might have to add another 20-30 years for China to compete with US and begin to dominate it.

But there's little doubt that unless a catastrophic war will debilitate China, it will rise on to dominate the planet by the end of this Century.

Back
Top Bottom