What's new

5th generation fighter for U.A.E

i think if uae ask to usa for f-22 raptor.than they will given a positive sign to uae

The typical, somewhat uninformed response is, "Iran". I don't buy that. I don't think anyone in the UAE government actually believes the Iranians will invade. If you drive around Dubai and Abu Dhabi you will see massive Iranian presence, e.g. office of the Bank Melli Iran and many others. The Iranis would not have have been allowed the level of access they have if they were considered a Tier-1 threat. I also don't feel Iran considers war with an untroublesome UAE anywhere near the top of their agenda. Doesn't make any strategic sense.

So, coming to the question, I think one of the things that drives the UAE's defence purchases is pure and simple national pride; they don't want to be considered toothless like a Singapore, for instance. The real estate ad for the Dubai Waterfront says, "Twice the size of Hong Kong". So a lot is driven by national pride and the desire to have the best.

The other element is that the UAE is very deeply integrated into the global chain of business. Defence is, above all else, big business. There is a lot of give and take in these areas - I'm making the following example up, but go with me here: you buy our jets, we'll give Emirates and Etihad landing rights in all major american airports. Or you invest in such-and-such and we'll let you own a majority stake in Macy's or Sak's Fifth etc.

Since the west considers the UAE an ally, it makes sense for them to try to sell the latest and greatest to the UAE. They perceive these jets to be in "safe hands" and the UAE wants to use them as symbols of national pride... meanwhile, middlemen and business people on both sides make money. That's the kind of 'logic' that drives most defence purchases in the UAE.
they don't want to be considered toothless like a Singapore, for instance. The real estate ad for the Dubai Waterfront says, "Twice the size of Hong Kong". So a lot is driven by national pride and the desire to have the best.

Excuse me? Singapore toothless? For a single-island city state, it packs quite a punch and has the most modern fighter aircraft in its arsenal in Asia besides South Korea and Japan. Not to mention its small but high tech arms industry and a very well trained Army. Despite being a tenth of United Arab Emirates, they have a far superior training, logistics and military deployment capabilities (due to lack of space both air and land, most of its weapons are believed to be kept in countries like Australia and India with defense defense commitments from the United States and NATO countries).

Don't be surprised to Silent Eagles in Singaporean air force.They are a tiny island nation in the midst of two potential threats both Malaysia and Indonesia (taking note of the time in which it established its independence, its neighbourhood was chaotic and unstable).

It takes just about 15-20 minutes to cross my country entirely by a fighter aircraft; so imagine the state of Singapore.

The typical, somewhat uninformed response is, "Iran". I don't buy that. I don't think anyone in the UAE government actually believes the Iranians will invade. If you drive around Dubai and Abu Dhabi you will see massive Iranian presence, e.g. office of the Bank Melli Iran and many others. The Iranis would not have have been allowed the level of access they have if they were considered a Tier-1 threat. I also don't feel Iran considers war with an untroublesome UAE anywhere near the top of their agenda. Doesn't make any strategic sense.

So, coming to the question, I think one of the things that drives the UAE's defence purchases is pure and simple national pride; they don't want to be considered toothless like a Singapore, for instance. The real estate ad for the Dubai Waterfront says, "Twice the size of Hong Kong". So a lot is driven by national pride and the desire to have the best.

The other element is that the UAE is very deeply integrated into the global chain of business. Defence is, above all else, big business. There is a lot of give and take in these areas - I'm making the following example up, but go with me here: you buy our jets, we'll give Emirates and Etihad landing rights in all major american airports. Or you invest in such-and-such and we'll let you own a majority stake in Macy's or Sak's Fifth etc.

Since the west considers the UAE an ally, it makes sense for them to try to sell the latest and greatest to the UAE. They perceive these jets to be in "safe hands" and the UAE wants to use them as symbols of national pride... meanwhile, middlemen and business people on both sides make money. That's the kind of 'logic' that drives most defence purchases in the UAE.

lol TechLahore, that would be right answer in most places , but I've lived in the UAE long enough to know that its just "toys for the boys". The Nahyan's and the Makhtoum's want to keep the military happy and out of their business...

Given the U.A.E. past history of sharing weapons technology with China. I would be against any future F-35 sales to it.

Given the U.A.E. past history of sharing weapons technology with China. I would be against any future F-35 sales to it.
Hi
:woot: talk about hypocrisy! what about Israel sharing technology with China & then they say Zaed Hamid is paranoid about CIA & MOSSAD when islamo phobia is deep seeded in the minds of American people.

Hi
:woot: talk about hypocrisy! what about Israel sharing technology with China & then they say Zaed Hamid is paranoid about CIA & MOSSAD when islamo phobia is deep seeded in the minds of American people.

I agree about Israel, though the situation is more manageable. The U.S. holds more sway and has used that influence to block proposed arms sells. The situation with Israel is more extreme to Becuase of other countries wanting to destroy it.

good news for Pakistan because our pilots fly them
Just because a Driver, Drives a Merc, doesnt mean he owns it, and he can use it as he wishes!

I am Sick and Tired of Pakistanis Salivating, seeing others purchase weapons and day dream of using it!!!

The Arab Emirates dont use Pakistani Pilots like they used to. They have lots of French and I am sure, the F35, if it comes, wont be flown by Pakistani Pilots, because, flying that stuff will be a whole different plane, and needs training and all. The Americans will be fully involved in it and I am not so sure about Pakistani Pilots flying them.

If at all they fly, Like I said, Drivers will Be Drivers! I am sure, just because your Driver drives your car, doesnt mean its his! Will his children at home, say, My Dads got a Merc!! No!!!

Just because a Driver, Drives a Merc, doesnt mean he owns it, and he can use it as he wishes!

I am Sick and Tired of Pakistanis Salivating, seeing others purchase weapons and day dream of using it!!!

The Arab Emirates dont use Pakistani Pilots like they used to. They have lots of French and I am sure, the F35, if it comes, wont be flown by Pakistani Pilots, because, flying that stuff will be a whole different plane, and needs training and all. The Americans will be fully involved in it and I am not so sure about Pakistani Pilots flying them.

If at all they fly, Like I said, Drivers will Be Drivers! I am sure, just because your Driver drives your car, doesnt mean its his! Will his children at home, say, My Dads got a Merc!! No!!!

What seems to be your problem here, I know you cant swallow anything. who is claiming that these toys will be owned by Pakistanies, but have you ever realized the invaluable experience they will be gaining if they get their hands on these toys. Especially improving the quality of our JF 17.

How do you think japanese managed to improve their auto industry, didnt they got hold of german or american technology. Ever noticed the influence of Merc on luxury toyota cars.

Go on, keep burning yourself in jealousy and try to improve your on LCA.

I know you Indians were never invited by them.:coffee:

What seems to be your problem here, I know you cant swallow anything. who is claiming that these toys will be owned by Pakistanies, but have you ever realized the invaluable experience they will be gaining if they get their hands on these toys. Especially improving the quality of our JF 17.

How do you think japanese managed to improve their auto industry, didnt they got hold of german or american technology. Ever noticed the influence of Merc on luxury toyota cars.

Go on, keep burning yourself in jealousy and try to improve your on LCA.

I know you Indians were never invited by them.:coffee:
No One claimed these will be owned by Pakistanis, but the way the Guy above, Whom I quoted, behaved, and the many others who jump up when any Arab country buys a fighter Jet.

And Again, any hope of having a decent debate with you, (not that I had much) got thrashed when you equated the Car Industry to the Fighter Craft Aviation Industry! What Airplane has the Japanese Built of Repute after Flying American Stuff?? Dont tell me about their restrictions and all!

And About Japanese Cars, hmm I ve driven Lexus, and Mercs and I find them like Chalk and Cheese! I ve Driven Infinity, too, and again, they all are on their own, incomparable to their Western Counterparts!!!

And About your Pilots Flying F22 and F35 and Incorporating the features and stuff into JF17, hahah well I gotta laugh out loud! If you said, this about a F18 or something, I would not have laughed out loud, but Incorporating 5th gen Tech into a 4th gen fighter, that too one without a proper configuration, My My, Day Dreams galore!!! And Do you think, just by flying a 5th Gen fighter, your Pilot can come back home and tell you How to "Make a 5th Gen" Fighter? :)

About us Indians and LCA, well leave it to us, we are loosers and trolls, and please your highness, dont bother with us, and our silly LCA.

And About us being Jealous, yes we are Jealous, while our Folks are in Russia and working with the Russians on a a True Blue 5th Gen fighter, which has flown many a times by now!!! And here you are Waiting for UAE to get a hold of a F35 and then incorporate the tech into the JF17! :) Good Job Guys!

And about being Invited by UAE, well, we dont send in our Pilots as Drivers. We train and Educate as a whole, Like how HAL and IAF is doing with the Malaysians and their Su30MKMs, and which was commended by their Air Force, recently :) God Speed

Techy
You would be very surprised if you heard who the UAE military considers to be their arch rival and possibly their enemies and it is not Iran!!
Take a guess!!
regards
Araz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom