What's new

6 injured in blast in Pakistan's capital

Halwa

BANNED
Reaction score
ISLAMABAD, June 12 (Xinhua) -- At least six people were injured in a blast Sunday afternoon in Pakistan's capital Islamabad, reported local Urdu TV channel Express.

According to the report, the blast took place at about 16:30 p. m. local time when a car hit a roadside-planted bomb in the Bara Koh area of the city, which lies to the northern part of the capital.

One white Toyota Corolla car and one motorcycle were reportedly destroyed in the blast.

The six injured people included two motorcyclists and one 17- year-old boy. All the injured people are in stable condition, said hospital sources.

Despite the low intensity of the blast, it is the first of its kind that has been reported in the country's capital since this year.

A string of serious terrorist attacks have been launched by Pakistan Taliban to avenge the killing of the al-Qaida chief Osama bin Laden by the U.S. troops in Pakistan since last month. But none of them took place in the capital due to the tight security control by the government.

However, local watchers believed that Pakistan Taliban could launch a massive attack in the capital in the near future to show their muscles and put pressure on the government.

6 injured in blast in Pakistan's capital

Barah Kahoo was extensively used for detonation of munition from the ojhri camp disaster. must have been lrft overs from then.

what is barah kahoo?

i beleive its a mis spelled name in the news report. i havent heard of an area called bara koh.
it must be barah kahoo and that area is strewn with blown up munition from ojhri camp disaster. some munition might have survived and the unfortunate car must have struck it.

i travelled on this road when i went to muree where is was living to islamabad. It is to the north of islamabad along the kashmir highway. the bomb was on the divider between the roads on the green belt. low intensity. So this shouldnt be branded as blast in islamabad. It maybe left over ammo but not taliban.

Bara Kahoo is not inside Islamabad, it is a suburb of Islamabad. Just like Lexington or Burlington are suburbs of Boston, or Arlington, Fairfax are suburbs of Washington DC; even though people living in these suburbs say they are from "Boston" or "Washington DC"; they technically aren't. Same with Bara Kahoo, it is not Islamabad.

IED blast in Islamabad injures three​

ISLAMABAD: An explosive device buried on the edge of a road outside the Pakistani capital Islamabad detonated Sunday, wounding three men, police said.

The blast happened near Malpur village, just outside the city.

“It seems to be an old explosive device buried long ago under the bush and garbage,” senior police official Bani Amin told reporters.

“A father and his son riding a motorbike and a man travelling in a car were wounded in the blast,” Amin said.

“The bomb disposal staff have collected some material from the blast site and are investigating. It could be an old hand grenade or a cracker,” he added.

IED blast in Islamabad injures three | Metropolitan | DAWN.COM

I wish people would read the full article before making assumptions

Back
Top Bottom