What's new

6 Terrorists from Afghanistan killed in another attack on Dir check post

Pakistan now must use these on Afghan border ASAP!

800px-PAF-F16s-RedFlag.jpg

want Massive **** on Afghan Border

AIR_F-16A_Pakistan_Bombing_lg.jpg

I wonder if it would not be best if we vacated those far flung posts where we can't send our troops back up promptly jeapordizing their lives.

Regardless, PA should consider training it's troops over rules of engagement with these violent terrorists. It should be made clear to the troops of what faith awaits them if they get captured. Backed up with careful highlights of pictures or videos of gruesome deaths of their bretherns before them. There is no geneva convention. There is no ethical conduct in treatment of prisoners. You are dead from the moment you get captured.

With that in mind, any soldier would prefer blowing up the grenade in their hand with terrorists approaching then to be captured by them.

I have proposed even more drastic steps: Creation of, yes, 'concentration camps', inside Pakistan where people from the troubled-areas like FATA be asked to voluntarily moved. They be taken care of. Treated well. But outside contacts minimized and/or scrutinized. Meanwhile, those who didn't leave FATA, be ruthlessly tackled. If these so-called 'warriors' have any honor in them then let the non-combatants and women/children leave.

After the scourge is cleared, let's thank the people who chose the camps. Rehabilitate them. It may not be politically-correct but far less damaging.

Oh, well, if only...even the Musharraf's Martial Law regime could not do this.

I have proposed even more drastic steps: Creation of, yes, 'concentration camps', inside Pakistan where people from the troubled-areas like FATA be asked to voluntarily moved. They be taken care of. Treated well. But outside contacts minimized and/or scrutinized. Meanwhile, those who didn't leave FATA, be ruthlessly tackled. If these so-called 'warriors' have any honor in them then let the non-combatants and women/children leave.

After the scourge is cleared, let's thank the people who chose the camps. Rehabilitate them. It may not be politically-correct but far less damaging.

Oh, well, if only...even the Musharraf's Martial Law regime could not do this.

or how about even more drastic steps like barricading the border?? we have been thinking of fencing the border since long time

You guys are suggesting a lot more drastic steps. We live in this world together with other nations and are governed by various ethical laws.

Do what the US is doing, infiltrate covert units, carry raids and one off ops and from time to time take out close to border hideouts with missiles.

A. We should always ensure collateral damage is at the minimum
B. We should always ensure Pakistan gets priority - i.e. all Pakistan related threats are eliminated.

This is the formula the US has been using for a decade now to fire inside other countries and the world has accepted it so might as well do it ourselves too.

And you two above me assume that the major problem lies in Afghanistan. I don't think so. Even if it was the case border fencing is almost impossible given the terrain, the rampant corruption, the resources needed, the time frame required... And the Special OPS surgical strikes too are most probably not going to yield much--and I suspect they have been tried already.

And Gilani's three 'Ds' haven't gotten anywhere either: Dialog, Deterrence, Development

Concentration Camps are not going to be unfair, to say the least, but most effective. Pakistan can learn from the Sri Lanka experience which over-ran the Tamils in 2009 but without butchering the civilians. Only territorial control will give Pakistan a lasting victory.

mine the boarder at important points, thats the only solution to stop drugs and militants

And you two above me assume that the major problem lies in Afghanistan. I don't think so. Even if it was the case border fencing is almost impossible given the terrain, the rampant corruption, the resources needed, the time frame required... And the Special OPS surgical strikes too are most probably not going to yield much--and I suspect they have been tried already.

And Gilani's three 'Ds' haven't gotten anywhere either: Dialog, Deterrence, Development

Concentration Camps are not going to be unfair, to say the least, but most effective. Pakistan can learn from the Sri Lanka experience which over-ran the Tamils in 2009 but without butchering the civilians. Only territorial control will give Pakistan a lasting victory.

Unfortunately, given the porous border (not found in Sri Lanka); & the tribal culture on both sides of the border, & most importantly: a difficult terrain (something which wasn't found in Sri Lanka): it is difficult to have a conclusive, successful military operation that took place in Sri Lanka. As we have seen in Afghanistan, the more hornet's nests are stirred, the more the range of violence spreads like wildfire throughout the country.

There needs to be a political end resolution to this problem, & all of Pakistan's threats must be taken out one way or the other, without stirring too many hornet's nests.

Back
Top Bottom