What's new

67% want military operation in North Waziristan: poll

I think the important people to be surveyed in this case would be those in North Waziristan. If the situation's explained to them, and they agree, then I suppose there's nothing wrong with it.

btw, i don't know who was surveyed in this poll (I don't like polls very much anyway)
Surely you don't disbelieve in all polls?

13% of the respondents of this poll were from North Waziristan. I would recommend that everyone go through the tables and graphs at least once before rejecting this report. To me, it makes a lot of sense despite the fact that one or two things were surprising (ex. the percentage of people not willing to leave FATA and the percentage of people who want to join Pakistan proper as a province).

Also, the situation is pretty self-explanatory to the people of NWA. The key is consensus and, perhaps more importantly, the question: is it in our best interest to pursue the Taliban factions who are not directly involved in attacks in Pakistan or can be brought under control post ISAF?

I think the answer to that question is clearly "no" if we look beyond 2011-2014 when the NATO will be quitting Afghanistan. Not unless there are some radical changes in the Afghan government's composition vis-a-vis Pashtun representation and their Indo-Pak stance. The operation in NWA is quite complex and we must take into account factors that were a non-issue in SWA and Swat/Malakand ops.

If pakistan and army signals america for the N.waziristan operation because of american pressure then plz dont do such surveys to convince the people through media that fata peoples wants that.
if you have been pressurized by the west then dont use the shoulder of people and media,,,,
C,mon for God sake..

Afghan Taliban are not conspiring to kill Pakistanis. Afghan Taliban existed long before any suicide bombings took place in Pakistan's soil and Afghan Taliban and Haqqani network are the only pro-Pakistan forces in Afghanistan.

Dont be stupid enough to kill the only Pro-Pakistani Afghans who can make a Pakistan friendly Afghanistan because we all know that Karzai's government and ANA are not Pakistan's friends that is a fact.

karzai ,ana nor taliban are friends we have suffered enough .. bewaquf dost say akal mand dushman behtar hai

Surely you don't disbelieve in all polls?

Polls usually are there to get an answer that the commisioner wants to hear. Sometimes the "right" answer is given. But if not, questions are framed in ways to get a particular answer given. It can be just the order of questions which get a particular answer.

It would be better to disregard all the other respondents except the North Waziristan ones, and then see what the percentages are. 13% Waziristan, and 87% non Waziristan just helps to cloud the Waziristan opinion. It is the Waziristanis that stand to lose most, and so their opinion should be the most important. I would not be interested in the opinion of some armchair warrior sat in Karachi answering the poll, personally.

Polls usually are there to get an answer that the commisioner wants to hear. Sometimes the "right" answer is given. But if not, questions are framed in ways to get a particular answer given. It can be just the order of questions which get a particular answer.

It would be better to disregard all the other respondents except the North Waziristan ones, and then see what the percentages are. 13% Waziristan, and 87% non Waziristan just helps to cloud the Waziristan opinion. It is the Waziristanis that stand to lose most, and so their opinion should be the most important. I would not be interested in the opinion of some armchair warrior sat in Karachi answering the poll, personally.

Surely you will agree that the fallout of such an Ops would definitely include the Urban and Economic Metropolitans,the true power houses of Pakistan and thus upon a life of an ordinary Pakistani living there also, then why shouldn't there opinion matter..??
During the ops in south waziristan how much the terrorist havoced through 1 or 2 suicide bombings a day including in the Islamia university Islamabad. People were so terrified that they stoped frequenting the mosques and some schools were even closed down. Many corporates lost some important contracts worth millions of $$ during that...Still the area is not yet rehabilitate with insurgents carrying out bombings every now and then.
Opinion of those people matter alot...!

Not in a 100 years we should send our boys to N waziristan without right equipment , ie Gunships etc , right logistical support , right intel and weather conditions.

They have the backing of a nation but that wont safeguard them in this operation.
Someone asked Sultan Sallahuddin that why didn't we win many battles before you against the enemies. "Because you were unprepared" he replied !

karzai ,ana nor taliban are friends we have suffered enough .. bewaquf dost say akal mand dushman behtar hai

Actually an akal mand dushman can never be good :lol:

Pakistan can use the Taliban for Pakistan's advantage.

Pakistan should only look after its own interests and its not in Pakistan's interests to go into North Waziristan to fight another country's war.

Surely you will agree that the fallout of such an Ops would definitely include the Urban and Economic Metropolitans,the true power houses of Pakistan and thus upon a life of an ordinary Pakistani living there also, then why shouldn't there opinion matter..??

I might be missing something. How will it affect the ordinary urban Pakistani in for example, Karachi, economically? I can understand it might affect the people of North Waziristan economically, but not the ordinary non Waziristani Pakistani.

During the ops in south waziristan how much the terrorist havoced through 1 or 2 suicide bombings a day including in the Islamia university Islamabad. People were so terrified that they stoped frequenting the mosques and some schools were even closed down. Many corporates lost some important contracts worth millions of $$ during that...Still the area is not yet rehabilitate with insurgents carrying out bombings every now and then.
Opinion of those people matter alot...!

You're right in the respect that it's not in Pakistan's interests to have suicide bombings. But it's not in Pakistan's interests to be doing many things at the moment. After the op in South Waziristan, what were the gains? Did terrorism stop? Perhaps it increased. I don't see any military action as solutions to the problem. I'm of the opinion that military action is the problem in fact (from a Pakistani pov).

Where are the extra troops and equipment needed going to come from?

Do you see any signs of the civilian government stepping up in Swat, South Waziristan, Bajaur and allowing the military to redeploy a significant part of its resources towards North Waziristan?

Did you hear anything about expedited deliveries of transport and attack helicopters for Pakistan?

1 division with 5 bde's and 15 wings of the FC are already stationed on the border with NWA.

the civilian govt is 'too busy' trying to 'save its skin' as the coalition unravels.

and i see no sign of 'additional helos, transport and attack' on the horizon - PA will have to do with what its got.

Pakistan should only look after its own interests and its not in Pakistan's interests to go into North Waziristan to fight another country's war.
It is in our interest to curb terrorism and militancy from every corner of this nation.

We need to realize that these elements are only spreading fear and putting strain on our economy.

If we are to prosper, we need to destroy all anti-state elements and strengthen law and order situation.

1 division with 5 bde's and 15 wings of the FC are already stationed on the border with NWA.

the civilian govt is 'too busy' trying to 'save its skin' as the coalition unravels.

and i see no sign of 'additional helos, transport and attack' on the horizon - PA will have to do with what its got.

Sir that translates into a large number of Casualties on our side , is it acceptable though or shall we wait for more helos and other equipment to arrive ?

I cannot understand why the obama & co sing do more mantra but step back from providing equipment ?

According to reports, taliban will attempt a full comeback in swat this summer through khyber agency. We should prepare for that first.
Simple power game nothing to do any thing with Islam and Muslims ... its their bread and butter and their actual business where they earn from as they have been taught back in 80's ...

If u go into North Waziristan, after facing water floods, get ready for bomb blasts floods, which will encourage people to demand independence from Pakistan.

why blood thirsty U.S. is bent on creating problems for us.
educate these so called talibans,and their generations....provide them facilities,give them jobs.but why kill them?? we should not provoke them.
and such poll stuff should not influence the decisions of our army and ISI.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom