What's new

73 killed as Maoists ambush CRPF team

I am sorry buddy but i disagree....He is accountable and the kind of tragedy that has taken place a person of his stature should have resigned by now....He his our home minister and is responsible for the state security..anyways i strongly believe that atleast people who are responsible for this negligence should be sacked immediately....Followed by state home minister and then Chidambaram....This will set the records straight and the person who is following up would know that either show results or go...

If chidambaram had one iota of shame he would have resigned by now? but no people like u will go out of ue way to support him.Why dont u try and explaining this to the family of the brave soldiers butchered today in one of the darkest and bloodiest days in india.If 75 businessmen in mumbai would have died like ur favourite industriliests like N.R narayanamurthy,Tata, ambani, birla, mahindra etc, would you have the same response.Just because these jawans are poor souls nobody will bother for them and a monthly pension of 1000 rs will be sent to their families in lieu of this tragedy.SHAME.

@ deckingraj & @ manish,
pls cool down...although ur frustration & anger is justified & stands morally correct, I would say, we should not look at an hasty decision...

Mr.chidambaram is the home minister and by no means his removal, will increase the moral of our security forces,if anything, it would put the top order of security forces in disarray, causing more damage, u see, he is at present the head of our internal security and without a head, body is useless.

We had similar situation when 26/11 took place, where Mr.patil had to go, but the difference was patil was reluctant to accept the responsibility whereas Chidmabaram seems(atleast portrays) to accept his responsibility....Moresoever, the Home ministry isn't a game of musical chairs, where we keep on changing people after each incident.. It may happen only when a better solution is available and at present theres no guarantee that the next in line would be better...what if Patil comes back as HM by blessings of sonia??

So request u to calm down and please note I am no supporter of chidambarm or his party, its just what I believe(may b I am wrong)....

And about the martyrs, what can I say, I heard about the incident in afternoon and was completely bamboozled...frankly I haven't got my senses back completely, even now....The incident is no less than 26/11 and the government has to answer the public about its shortcomings...

If chidambaram had one iota of shame he would have resigned by now? but no people like u will go out of ue way to support him.Why dont u try and explaining this to the family of the brave soldiers butchered today in one of the darkest and bloodiest days in india.If 75 businessmen in mumbai would have died like ur favourite industriliests like N.R narayanamurthy,Tata, ambani, birla, mahindra etc, would you have the same response.Just because these jawans are poor souls nobody will bother for them and a monthly pension of 1000 rs will be sent to their families in lieu of this tragedy.SHAME.

I disagree with you.. Tell me this.. If we are in a war and we suffer a defeat in one of the skirmishes due to operational failure.. Would you want to sack the Defence minister in the middle of that war.. On a smaller scale, you are asking for the same thing here.. While I respect your sense of outrage, we have to stay the course.. Remember.. Chidambaram is the 1st HM who is trying to atleast do something here. The last thing we should want is to replace him with someone who will whitewash the whole thing and let the problem fester..

Using the air force and the army against its own people? Bloody fascists. It is an unfortunate incident, all forms of violence need to be condemned. But its not like the GOI didnt ask for it. Why is it using paramilitary forces against the tribals? So that the tribals are forced to leave their lands and the mining companies like Vedanta move in? Is that why Chidambaram - a former board member in Vedanta's India subsidiary - keeps talking about the Maoists?

What the GOI is doing is illegal. The Tribals are protected by the 5th schedule of the constitution. The GOI can't sign agreements that forces tribals being usurped from their lands. Operation Greenhunt is nothing more an attempt to allow capitalists living in foreign nations to exploit our resources. So that people like Chidmabaram can have a comfortable retirement. If we are really patriots we need to wake up and oppose the governments actions. Stop the war against its own people and start peace talks now. Oppose operation greenhunt.

PS- i await with great anticipation the reply of people brainwashed by the media who will not like what i have had to so. Bring it on.

The maoists have been active since the 60s. Stop talking like an ignorant fool.

When was Green Hunt Started? When Veddanta came into picture? When was Naxal movement started?

Don't mix timelines to bat for these killers. They blow up schools, they plant mines on road and you talk about under-development in those areas?

Last year during election, there was not Green Hunt. They attacked the poll parties. So what you want next? Commie Govt?

Green Hunt was launched to tackle the rising violence from Naxals from 2008 onwards. They tried there level best to disrupt the election process. They asked for it. They are paying for it. They will pay for what they have done today. If Govt. has been fascist, this problem would have sorted out long ago. You would not have seen today's incident.
Chidambaram was appointed HM after Nov 2008. MMS talked abt Naxals being biggest threat to Internal security long bf4 that. So now for which foreign company MMS was working for? You want me to list the Naxal violance of Pre-Chiddu era. What all that was abt?

Chidambaram asked them to come to talk. What they are they doing? It looks that its you who have been brain washed by the Arundhati Roy and company. Go and fight with Naxals while they are there. Soon they will be history.

And for those who thinks wants Chidambaram to resign, look at the situation before and after he became HM. In past UPA did grave mistake of not sacking Shivraj Patil earlier. We are paying for that. We have to see what are our options. If not him than who can do better job? If we have anybody better than him than sure he should be replaced. But I don't think so. I may be wrong.
And in the end its problem involving multiple states. Govt and Center ca't just sack all the govts. Local govt has to work together and with Center to resolve this.

I disagree with you.. Tell me this.. If we are in a war and we suffer a defeat in one of the skirmishes due to operational failure.. Would you want to sack the Defence minister in the middle of that war.. On a smaller scale, you are asking for the same thing here.. While I respect your sense of outrage, we have to stay the course.. Remember.. Chidambaram is the 1st HM who is trying to atleast do something here. The last thing we should want is to replace him with someone who will whitewash the whole thing and let the problem fester..

No Karan this is not the point...and in my eyes not a correct assessment...Yes no doubt he is doing a good job in other areas but as far as Moist is concerned he is not that effective...This is a very serious tragedy and one of its kind....Accountable people should come forward and resign on moral grounds...Resignation does not mean that he is responsible for the menace..Someone has asked before what if they would have attacked mumbai and killed couple of enterpreneurs...I am sure there would have been calls for his resignation...but because these are poor chaps who cares attitude kick in...

He should simply sack all those who are responsible for being complacent and then resign on moral grounds...There are many leaders who can replace him and succesor will get a clear message...Deliver or GO...

Since its in Chatisgarh its not a State law and order issue but Central????????????

Mr mallu,

I know its hard for you to understand that we are following constitution of India and not Italy. In India a war like situation/national security is not a state matter nor State controls para-military forces nor the strategy to control such situation these naxals are not some meager law and order problem BUT a multi-million dollar business involving extortion, drug trade, kidnappings etc just as any gorilla leftist organizations in the world!

I know its hard to understand a simple fact that state does not own forces accept local stick wielding police, but still I give u benefit of doubt!

I have actually avoided replying to any of your posts because of your attitude towards contrarian ideas.

I am entitled to my thoughts just as you are and I don't take kindly to you or anyone else telling me that I have no respect for those men who died today. You are not the sole repository for patriotism and compassion and I would appreciate it if you stopped accusing me on those subjects.

This is a complex matter and I do not agree that ministers must resign owning moral responsibility. If there is a pattern of attacks or the minister concerned proves inadequate in dealing with those challenges then I would support a call for that ministers resignation and not on a single incident which in any case I believe would prove counter productive since it provides the maoists with the power to force a resignation each time they want one .

Every year hundreds of our soldiers die in action in various different areas. Should the defence minister resign each time or are their deaths of no value just because they did not die in a group attack.

Your analogy with Industrialists is flawed in the same way that an attack on parliament is different from an attack on military personnel.

I respect your right to an opinion even if I'm not in full agreement with it and would be happy to see you extend the same courtesy to me.

We can agree to disagree without becoming disagreeable ourselves.

@ deckingraj & @ manish,
pls cool down...although ur frustration & anger is justified & stands morally correct, I would say, we should not look at an hasty decision...

Mr.chidambaram is the home minister and by no means his removal, will increase the moral of our security forces,if anything, it would put the top order of security forces in disarray, causing more damage, u see, he is at present the head of our internal security and without a head, body is useless.

We had similar situation when 26/11 took place, where Mr.patil had to go, but the difference was patil was reluctant to accept the responsibility whereas Chidmabaram seems(atleast portrays) to accept his responsibility....Moresoever, the Home ministry isn't a game of musical chairs, where we keep on changing people after each incident.. It may happen only when a better solution is available and at present theres no guarantee that the next in line would be better...what if Patil comes back as HM by blessings of sonia??

So request u to calm down and please note I am no supporter of chidambarm or his party, its just what I believe(may b I am wrong)....

And about the martyrs, what can I say, I heard about the incident in afternoon and was completely bamboozled...frankly I haven't got my senses back completely, even now....The incident is no less than 26/11 and the government has to answer the public about its shortcomings...

Friend i know all of us our on same side today.No offence will be taken by any indian from any indian.We are all emotive today.That is the power of India.
India is a democracy.Nobody is indispensible and I can assure u that every soldier below the rank of colonel in the army and equivalent in the other forces would not loose his morale if chidamabaram the shameless is shot.In fact the will be revigourized and enrgized that the corrupt head of the snake has ben chopped off.I am not saying do this, i only want the shameless chidambaram to go, lest we will sort out.No one man in india is indispensible for even one moment.This arguements hold water only in Ptomkin democracies not like ours.A new day has to arise where we show some discipline and morale courage.Chidambaram is nothing but a stooge for the multinationals, no problem, as home minister, he did not provide for our poor brave soldiers, hence he should go.period.

I have actually avoided replying to any of your posts because of your attitude towards contrarian ideas.

I am entitled to my thoughts just as you are and I don't take kindly to you or anyone else telling me that I have no respect for those men who died today. You are not the sole repository for patriotism and compassion and I would appreciate it if you stopped accusing me on those subjects.

This is a complex matter and I do not agree that ministers must resign owning moral responsibility. If there is a pattern of attacks or the minister concerned proves inadequate in dealing with those challenges then I would support a call for that ministers resignation and not on a single incident which in any case I believe would prove counter productive since it provides the maoists with the power to force a resignation each time they want one .

Every year hundreds of our soldiers die in action in various different areas. Should the defence minister resign each time or are their deaths of no value just because they did not die in a group attack.

Your analogy with Industrialists is flawed in the same way that an attack on parliament is different from an attack on military personnel.

I respect your right to an opinion even if I'm not in full agreement with it and would be happy to see you extend the same courtesy to me.

We can agree to disagree without becoming disagreeable ourselves.

Okay I disagree.Lets finish this debate.

Well , Seems that red star shinning in india as well.;)

It would seem to me that the maoist fight with muscle and brain, for score a 80+ mission kill with only 1 lose so far, speaks volumes of tactic acumen and battle competence for our "indian comrade". On the other hand, I don t believe the state propaganda there would be 1000 more of them in that theater, for as far as I know gathering that magnitude of force under the nose of india army as well as suplying them with sufficient foraging at the period would proved to be too difficult for an irregular force counted less than 10K. Hence, the reasonable estimate would be 200-400 of them luring the CRPF into their pocket, at the same time dispatch other task force to ambush the government reinforcement,which would be an perfect demonstration of Mao's art of war. Still anyway, this is only my hype since no detailed report has been produced.

Secretly, I would wish to know if the Maoist in india practice any Mao's mobile war tatic or People's war theory.

Despite of feeling regret for the lost lifes of CRPF, still I am a great fun of Mao and his art of war. Love to see one day his theoy can be exhibited and put into arena with other strong forces. I do not bear any ill will towards india and its stability, but I would be also intrigued if our comrades in india could present a competive form of development and ideology, which would be a great social experiment as well. Yet, I failed to perceive their perspective policy until so far.

Those questions has ringing in my head:

Would they push forward landreform?

Would they adopt an national imperialist policy concerning foreign relation

would they up hold secular policy by eliminating caste and suppressing religion

would they build up stalin style heavy industry

would they strengthen public education and health care sys(like the cube did) ?

In truth, those maoist would not pose any threat to india's social structure and political entity, for neither does it bears the progressive traits of CCP nor would it be offered the desirable oppotuninty like WW2. At least in my point of view, they are more Robinhood than real communists, judging by their decentralized leadership, passive economical policy and incompetent administration .

Nonetheless, for ideology sake, long life the world communist revolution!

First understand what you support. Neither workers nor farmers support these naxals. Isn't this the stating point for any commie movement?

And for supporting you ideaology, remember this when shoe is on other foot.

Yes our government cannot use military against own people, we are not some nazi country like yours so what th f**k u want?

A decent way to talk doesn't cost any rupee.

I was just pointing the profile your Govt. took relating to ongoing operations against Maoist.

FYI we are not a Nazi country. We don't have 600,000 troops stuffed in one region.

Diatribes do not help your argument. Logics do !

:usflag:

Well , Seems that red star shinning in india as well.;)

It would seem to me that the maoist fight with muscle and brain, for score a 80+ mission kill .....................long life the world communist revolution!

I would only say few worlds for a FOOL like you-People who live under Communist Dictatorship and State sponsored propaganda called Xinhua, and Kill millions in Tibet, Xinjiang etc and own no freedom of speech in their country, can only BS in Forums!

Death to all communists!

No Karan this is not the point...and in my eyes not a correct assessment...Yes no doubt he is doing a good job in other areas but as far as Moist is concerned he is not that effective...This is a very serious tragedy and one of its kind....Accountable people should come forward and resign on moral grounds...Resignation does not mean that he is responsible for the menace..Someone has asked before what if they would have attacked mumbai and killed couple of enterpreneurs...I am sure there would have been calls for his resignation...but because these are poor chaps who cares attitude kick in...

He should simply sack all those who are responsible for being complacent and then resign on moral grounds...There are many leaders who can replace him and succesor will get a clear message...Deliver or GO...

Resignation or sacking is the easy way out.. He needs to stay and deliver. There may be setbacks like these, but we need to understand that its close to a war being fought. If we start discarding able leaders (we have only a few of those) for every major setback, we wont be left with many.. Where do we stop.. At the local CRPF commandant or go all the way to the PM?? There is no doubt that what happened is outrageous.. Hopefully something will be learnt that will make future actions more well prepared...

Army chief rules out Maoist fight
- Naxalite violence a problem of law and order, not military, says General Singh

New Delhi, April 1:

Deploying the army against Left-wing militants is impractical because the Maoists are not secessionists, the new army chief, General V.K. Singh, said here today.

“The Naxalite problem is a law and order problem that has stemmed from certain issues on the ground. Law and order is a state subject and I think our polity is astute enough to understand the implications of deploying the army against our own people,” the general said.

He was answering a question on whether the army should be involved in the offensive against the Maoists. “We (the army) are there to assist the state (police) forces and, at the moment, it is in terms of training,” Singh said.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Nation | Army chief rules out Maoist fight

IMO, it not the brutal Mumbai attack.

Unlike civilians, Soldiers fight wars, kill and be killed

On one hand, CRPF is indian soldier fighting for their course, on the other hand Maoists is also indian soldier fighting for their own india.

Therefore, you can mourn for your side for your ideology, when you reluctant to think the potential positive force from competition and struggle.

At the same time, I am also justified to honor the other side for my ideology, for commuist revolution do stand on the bases of violence and blood shed, which requires the victory of fighting in the first place.

The reason I provoke the topic is trying to make you understand that, CRPF is not necessarily the good guy-- which depends on your political prospect.

several young comrades with their ideal also sacrificed for their course and find victory in death.

This doesn’t concern you… SO PLEASE KEEP OFF

as usual we will forget this incident in two three days the only loss is to the families of these paramilitary men,salute to men who attain martyrdom for their country.

I will carry my soul in my hand
And throw it in the valleys of death
It is either a life that makes a friend happy
Or a death that makes an enemy angry
The noble man's soul has two goals
To die or to achieve its dreams
What is life if I don't live
Feared and what I have is forbidden to others
When I speak, all the world listens
And my voice echoes among people
I see my death, but I rush to it
This is the death of men
And whoever desires an honorable death
Then this is it
How am I patient with the spiteful
And patient with all this pain?
Is it because of fear?
While life has no value to me!
Or humiliation? While I am contemptuous!
I will throw my heart at my enemies' faces
And my heart is iron and fire!
I will protect my land with the edge of the sword
So my people will know that I am the man

salutes to the brave martyrs

I guess the maoists are signing the same song. Aren't they?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom