What's new

8000 temples destroyed, 4 million Hindus converted Movie ‘Tipu’ announced, trailer shows brutality inflicted by Tipu Sultan

This TV series was made in 1990:

Obviously highly dramatized (well its TV after all), but you can read the comments on the page there yourself. I suspect lot of Indians in the end will not fall (too much) for one-sided take on Tipu being attempted now.

I actually remember on the earlier "other" PDF, there was a thread about Tipu where Pakistani members there brought up scenes from this TV show pretty reverently. There was only a couple mild mannered Indians in that forum, most were auto-banned lol....sanghis had no breathing room at all....and had their hands full in own country under UPA tenure anyway (and online scene especially for timepass hadn't exploded like now)

1990 after all wasn't that long ago....but passage of time and certain political triumphalism brings out current big stain of wretched bhakt mobs in certain spots their deep eternal cowardly itch needs scratching.

This TV series was made in 1990:

Obviously highly dramatized (well its TV after all), but you can read the comments on the page there yourself. I suspect lot of Indians in the end will not fall (too much) for one-sided take on Tipu being attempted now.

I actually remember on the earlier "other" PDF, there was a thread about Tipu where Pakistani members there brought up scenes from this TV show pretty reverently. There was only a couple mild mannered Indians in that forum, most were auto-banned lol....sanghis had no breathing room at all....and had their hands full in own country under UPA tenure anyway (and online scene especially for timepass hadn't exploded like now)

1990 after all wasn't that long ago....but passage of time and certain political triumphalism brings out current big stain of wretched bhakt mobs in certain spots their deep eternal cowardly itch needs scratching.
I wish you would look at that "India insults Pakistani FM...." thread. I am so angry I could burst.

Certainly.

Could it be after the 17th? I have family duties to perform and will be away. You will have to slap me around the head to remind me.
Right of course. I am a little weak in the memory department but I'll try my best to remind you on the 17th.

Right of course. I am a little weak in the memory department but I'll try my best to remind you on the 17th.
By now you would have figured out that I am an old fart who has even stopped teaching, but would love to find people to listen :partay::partay::partay::partay::partay:

I wish you would look at that "India insults Pakistani FM...." thread. I am so angry I could burst.

I stay away from threads with bilge rats like Nilu Pule's Xth account. Honestly do not know if its separate cretin or one of doc's alter ego experiments...its all merged into same pile now for me of "no time/need for indulging/smelling this crap".

Its better that Nazi types calling for mass genocide (whether real or just to "trigger" or whatever in between) say that to my face so I show them whats what right away..... rather than blah it online like broken record with no consequence and then has presence tolerated on top....while presence is not tolerated of far worthier members over mere trivialities and/or misunderstandings.

Some things just dont sit right with me about way this forum has become....so I dont join in those parts at all when I see them.

The Kingdom of Mysore didn't even have a total population of 4 million at the time of British invasion.

Well, They (In LAWS) are more " your People " than your actual Your people my friend...

That's true. Only they are so different, it takes some getting used to. Bengalis eat everything, including plant flowers. The Brahmins in those parts eat meat and fish, to the horror and disgust of north Indians. We tend to obsess about music, and theatre, and film, and art in general, but there, I have to say these southern people are as evolved, maybe (ouch! I hate saying this!!) they have a better grip on it.

It's really funny seeing the two sets of people interact. The southies are so poised and collected, and seem to be thinking 16 steps ahead even in a casual conversations, while Bongs blabber all over the place. We wear our hearts on our sleeves, and flare up in a second, and calm down as quickly, if treated nicely; it's easy to sucker us.

Also they nurse their personal finances, like crazy. Fortunately, my daughter has taken after her mother, and is provident as hell.

Last thing, they are rooted. Their family temple is a tiny jewel, Chalukya style. Outside in the village street, there's a hut with a wall on which all those who migrated to this place a thousand years ago have their family trees, more than 30 generations worth, with my brother-in-law and his son at the bottom of his. WE are refugees, and can never go back to those villages in Bangladesh that we were born into. I hope some day my daughter gets to go and see those places. She's seen this, the temple.

@Chute
Place in Mysore/near Mysore, one of the four these people settled in, when they were driven out by Kulothunga Chola. Those evil, evil Saivites! Sorry, you must be finding all this so weird. :enjoy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom