What's new

858 million mobile subscribers in India

R-DB

BANNED
Reaction score
The number of connections in the urban areas reached 565.71 million at the end of July whereas it was 562.12 million in June. The overall wireless teledensity in India touched 71.59.
2861_1.jpg

The number of mobile phone subscribers in India has now reached to 858.4 million subscribers and there were 6.67 million new connections added in the month of July alone, says official data released by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
The wireless user base has also increased by 0.78 percent, in the month of July.
The number of connections in the urban areas reached 565.71 million at the end of July whereas it was 562.12 million in June. The number of connections in rural areas went up to 292.65 million in July whereas it was 289.57 million in June. The overall wireless teledensity in India touched 71.59.
Out of all the 858.4 million wireless subscribers, only 601.4 million subscribers were active subscribers. The largest number of new subscribers was taken by Reliance Communications, which added 1.52 million subscribers to its user base. Bharti Airtel added 1.51 million subscribers and Vodafone added 1.49 million sub subscribers to its user base.
Regarding MNP (mobile number portability) requests, TRAI says by the end of July 2011 about 155.48 lakh subscribers have submitted their requests to different service providers for porting their mobile number.

858 million mobile subscribers in India

The article is 6 months old but i opened this thread to satisfy the trolls who says india have 800 million of the poors or like this.I want to say if people can afford mobiles then they can also afford meals of 2 times in day

from the road sweeper to even the fishmonger everyone has a cell phone ,:) with rates of 1 ps per sec. what do you expect?

from the road sweeper to even the fishmonger everyone has a cell phone ,:) with rates of 1 ps per sec. what do you expect?

the people who came to repair my comp and washing machine have android fones and i dnt...

so even though its 1ps per sec....i only expect and experience JEALOUSY :undecided:

how many of them are smartphone users??

If I'm right it was expected to be around 13-14 million phones in 2011-12 march, I got this numbers from a friend of mine who works for samsung (TN).

Smartphone users (android users) are also increasing and their numbers are close to the range of 20-25 million. Youngsters especially go for smartphones so do businessmen (and women) so, not only cheap rates but rising incomes are playing a factor in this increase

It is amazing how affordable telecom is in India. Even the USA cannot match India in this regard. It is cheaper for my parents to call me from India to the US than for me to make a local call here on my cell phone - I kid you not. And even handsets are so much more affordable to the common person in India.

self delete

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

like Russel Peters Says " Proud to Be Cheap"

about 10-15 years ago, we had the same "wowo" on a lot of Chinese forums -- when mobile subscription number climb fast, people start to call it amazing.

the huge difference is almost all those threads end up questioning how much mobile technologies/backbone networks/base stations were designed by Chinese companies. I mean it makes sense, as a nation with over 1 billion population, it is just a shame that you need to rely on others to come up with such stuff.

10 years on, we have huawei releasing the thinning Android phone in the world:
Huawei Introduces World's Thinnest Smartphone | Fox News

the vast majority base stations in China are designed by Chinese companies, Huawei is one of the most important contributor to 4G standards:
Qualcomm Takes Lead as 4G Patent Holder | Press Release | ABI Research

about 10-15 years ago, we had the same "wowo" on a lot of Chinese forums -- when mobile subscription number climb fast, people start to call it amazing.

the huge difference is almost all those threads end up questioning how much mobile technologies/backbone networks/base stations were designed by Chinese companies. I mean it makes sense, as a nation with over 1 billion population, it is just a shame that you need to rely on others to come up with such stuff.

the vast majority base stations in China are designed by Chinese companies, Huawei is one of the most important contributor to 4G standards:

Yaaaaaawwwwwwnnnnnnn.

As you said in the article , we will think about it after 10-15 years, until then our priority will be giving cheap connectivity to the masses. Pre 1991 it took years to get a phone connection, now you can have it in a day and that too cheaply. Thats what I call progress.

LOL who are you kidding?? Only hing kong has 4G so far, mainland doesn't so yawwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnn to your trolling

10-15 years ago?? I believe 2011 was just one year ago, you are getting old my friend :lol:

China's mobile phone users top 800 mln - People's Daily Online

China's mobile phone users top 800 mln

China's mobile phone users topped 800 million by the end of June, said Zhang Feng, an official with the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), Tuesday.

The country reported 1.1 billion telephone users at the end of June, including 300 million users of fixed-line phones, Zhang said.

China's third-generation (3G) mobile phone service subscribers numbered 25.2 million at the end of June, Zhang said.

The country will invest about 120 billion yuan (17.73 billion U.S. dollars) in 3G this year, Zhang said.

The 3G services allow for video calls between 3G subscribers, and television and Internet access.

In essence, you are just a few months ahead NOT 10-15 years, talk about bragging

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom