What's new

9 Akash Missiles Fired : All hit target : Proves 100% Reliability

Any news regarding Akash MK2?
I am not sure but i think its still in the drawing boards,but nothing to worry since we will have BARAK 8 MRSAM to fill that role.

Then Parikkar better clear it for eastern command. We badly need it in all the eastern borders. And not just a few batteries; All the 5 border states should be blanketed with SAM batteries So that we are assured of denying aerial access in case the war breaks out.

A Major war is unlikely to happen & even the possibility of a short border war is remote
but yes we should make our posture in NE more strong,good thing is the new govt has gone on a spending spree on infra in the NE States from Roads to Airports to Power Lines many things are being built :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

DRDO Chief on Akash MK-II missile | idrw.org

Sharing details about the upgrading of Akash MK-II surface-to-air missile, Director General Dr. Avinash Chander said Akash, in its present form, was very successful and met with the aspirations of the armed forces. “It has got a very good hit rate and now efforts are on for enhancing range and it is still on the drawing board,” . Akash Mk-II will be able to operate over a larger profile.

One of the options currently been discussed is putting a seeker on board. adding a seeker will change the entire dynamics of the missile.

multiple options are been worked on a Mark 2 version of the Akash. Akash Mark-II version will carry Minor critical improvement over Mark-1 variant and will not be a completely new missile , DRDO for this reason has not asked for any additional funding from the center for this improvement .

New MK-2 will have better accuracy and will also be little faster then the current variant. Mark-2 variant will also will have faster reaction time to cover the threat and will have an minor extended range to the missile which will be 10 to 12 km improvement over the Mark-1 variant .

First Photo From Akash SAM's Slam-dunk Week

aklaunch.JPG

Smashing week for India's Akash SAM. Not that it needed any more of a push. But what a week.

This image from noon on Friday is the first one out from this week's training user trials of the Akash SAM conducted by the Indian Air Force at the Integrated Test Range (Nov 17-21). This particular test on Friday at 12.10pm involved a quick succession salvo test in which the two SAMs in the picture were fired at Meggitt Defence Systems Banshee Jet 80 aerial targeting drones.

The New Indian Express quotes a source as saying, "While the first missile successfully destroyed a fast moving aerial target at a low altitude, the second missile had a direct hit with the unmanned aerial target Banshee Jet 80 nearly 4-km away at 35 meter altitude above sea level proving the system’s capability against subsonic cruise missile." (While this is largely what I hear from my sources too, I'm picking up that that the range was more out to about 8-km in the low-altitude engagement and about 24-km for the second missile).

Starting Monday, a random selection of production series Akash missiles (from Bharat Dynamics Ltd) were fired at a series of targets ranging from para barrels, flare targets and on two occasions the Banshee Jet 80 drone. The series of tests is being described as the most successful so far (similar tests in April and June went well too though).

The Akash SAM has been in service for over two years now. This weeks training user trials have proven once again the system's maturity. Orders worth $3.7 billion have so far been placed by the IAF and Army (eight IAF squadrons and two regiments) on the Akash SAM system, and there will be more.

LIVEFIST: First Photo From Akash SAM's Slam-dunk Week

Back
Top Bottom