What's new

A 250 km range scooter, 20 minutes for half recharge , opearting cost just 8% of petrol scooter to be launched by an Indian start up

But why do we need a scooter or any two-wheeler for that matter ? They are not a safe mode of transport.

In fact the fundamental question is why do we need any privately-owned personal transport vehicle ?

"Incredible Indians" surprising the universe with their "Incredible achievements" as usual
Like the "World cheapest $10 laptop or tablet" not to mention the "World cheapest $1000 car":super:

Well the fun of driving a 2 wheeler is no comparison.

Ha ha, I see your profile picture.

But below are pics of a superbike which belong to the son of former Indian cricketer Azharuddin. The young man and his cousin were killed when they went out on the highway on the bike and it went out of control :

thumb.cms

hqdefault.jpg

Good yar.. let's see how much of it is true. We will know when they release the model.
Generally, they sill come with battery vwaranty of atleast 2 years. 250 km is a bjg range. Almost a dozen scooter makers have launched their electric scooters in India. Eldctric vehivles are coming too fast in India at a much lower rate, the unexpected low rates with much higher features including range

We hope to reduce our petroleum conjunction very fast with the arrival of electric vehicles. This will have a big positive impact on India's economy by reducing the trade deficit , improving disposable income with individuals and families. I have repeatedly said that electrical vehicles and solar power has the potential to change the India's economic future some great and exciting developments happening in the world

Nowadays 2 wheeler Assembly is becoming like phone assembly. Buy the parts and screw driving it together.
The heart of the system lies in the propriety BMS system which is now considered all important along with the software. I guess only Aether , Okinawa and now Ola have all the knowhows to make electric scooters from ground up including the battery.
Even Bajaj has failed in this segment. Hero has succeeded indirectly by investing in Aether very much early in its developing phase providing their inputs to them.

But why do we need a scooter or any two-wheeler for that matter ? They are not a safe mode of transport.

In fact the fundamental question is why do we need any privately-owned personal transport vehicle ?
We need privately owned transport vehicle for personal freedom, and to reduce waiting time at hubs.
Personal vehicle is part of one's personal freedom, and people will not part with it.
delhi_bus_rapid_transit.jpg

We need privately owned transport vehicle for personal freedom, and to reduce waiting time at hubs.
Personal vehicle is part of one's personal freedom, and people will not part with it.
View attachment 738741

1. For utility purposes ( food delivery, school / college / office transport, building construction etc ) the vehicle can be owned by the company or organization.

2. For personal transport why can't we make efficient mass public transit vehicles ( buses ) and four-wheeler taxis ( like Uber, Ola etc ) ? For regular use will be the buses and for the special occasion where you want to go to the tea house or on a long drive with your beloved there can be the taxi, maybe with customer driven ( you ) or a company woman driver. I believe Uber's USP for starting their operation in America was that the citizens will no longer have to drive their personal vehicle. There is a planned city in Saudia called NEOM which will have no personal cars. In China the big company Tencent is also planning a car-free district near Shenzhen city and this district will be called Net City.

3. About your "people with not part with it"... People, especially urban Indians, will not part with other wrong things too, like bursting of firecrackers, feeding stray dogs and being obsessed with exam marks. These people don't have a sense of how a harmonious society should be so they will have to be guided, even by some things taken away from them. For their own good.

4. I didn't understand why you posted the picture.

Last edited:
1. For utility purposes ( food delivery, school / college / office transport, building construction etc ) the vehicle can be owned by the company or organization.

2. For personal transport why can't we make efficient mass public transit vehicles ( buses ) and four-wheeler taxis ( like Uber, Ola etc ) ? For regular use will be the buses and for the special occasion where you want to go to the tea house or on a long drive with your beloved there can be the taxi, maybe with customer driven ( you ) or a company woman driver. I believe Uber's USP for starting their operation in America was that the citizens will no longer have to drive their personal vehicle. There is a planned city in Saudia called NEOM which will have no personal cars. In China the big company Tencent is also planning a car-free district near Shenzhen city and this district will be called Net City.

3. About your "people with not part with it"... People, especially urban Indians, will not part with other wrong things too, like bursting of firecrackers, feeding stray dogs and being obsessed with exam marks. These people don't have a sense of how a harmonious society should be so they will have to be guided, even by something things taken away from them. For their own good.

4. I didn't understand why you posted the picture.
Picture is a result of BRTS experiment in Delhi. People chose to be stuck in traffic in their personal vehicle than take a Bus.

Here the keyword is planning,

Here the keyword is planning,

Agreed. A scientific kind of planning. I suppose like how Chandigarh was planned and built. Like how NEOM city and Net City are being planned.

Picture is a result of BRTS experiment in Delhi. People chose to be stuck in traffic in their personal vehicle than take a Bus.

Which is why I said that things cannot be left to be decided by the "wisdom" of the people. Aren't Indian people conducting crowd-filled weddings and participating in religious gatherings even now at the height of COVID ?

I said this :
These people don't have a sense of how a harmonious society should be so they will have to be guided, even by some things taken away from them. For their own good.

These kind of technolgies are blessing for developing countries. It brings down operating cost of vehicly by just 10%. It cqn save big amount of money to the middle class.

Back
Top Bottom