What's new

A Deeper Look At The Bangladesh Election

How snivelling little princesses (more like pieces of excrement) put down their own country as "uneducated third-worlders" and then decides to talk for all of them with its silver spoon stuck up its rear....is quite something else altogether.

Apparently human beings are not worth much if they are poor and "uneducated". Apparently you need to be "educated" to have any basic common sense and decency....and till that point, princesses that have left the country altogether can speak for everyone inside it for the "good" of them all....just pick "stability" (in some roughshod comparison with far better run countries that did the same)...no matter how slovenly. ugly and morally compromised the person providing it.

That old adage of intelligence is not the same as wisdom...falls on appropriately deaf ears of such a princess twink....one that now relegates itself to posting rooftop pictures of vegetable growing....as though that shows the "progress" such stability will bring.

@bluesky @Skies @Al-zakir @Atlas
TBH @Nilgiri, this time @Bilal9 has a strong and valid point. Read that part again, I will quote this part .
Democracy is over-rated for uneducated third-worlders whose votes can be bought for a cup of tea and snacks.
@Nilgiri, every single word of this para is not only true but over true . This is a reality in Bangladesh .
In our country middle class folks do not want to involve in politics, they hate it more than anything because it is dirty here. Mostly lower class peoples used to involve in politics .
And most educated peoples of Bangladesh are actually pseudo educated.
And both illiterates and pseudo educateds easily can be controlled by religious and political leaders. This is over true for illiterates. I explained you that day!

So since they can be easily controlled by ideological trap, and their vote can be robbed easily and can be bought easily too , can this process be called a democratic system that existed in Bangladesh?

The ability to form your bindi flag nation in first place :D ...and a whole lot more (i.e dont have to be reliant on others good graces for RMG LDC quota).....its fun exporting 200 billion USD in just services now....what does that convert to in sweatshop chaddi man-hours?

I'm just glad we are past our autocratic power hungry lady stage....its long past in the rearview mirror....just like the ability to buy only 25,000 (that too secondhand) cars a year....and produce near zero.

Yeah and a country where some people are advised by officials to eat rats to survive.

BD is clearly more interested in fast development than giving illiterate people a vote every 5 years.

Let us come back circa 2030 to analyse again.

TBH @Nilgiri, this time @Bilal9 has a strong and valid point. Read that part again, I will quote this part .

@Nilgiri, every single word of this para is not only true but over true .
In our country middle class folks do not want to involve in politics, they hate it more than anything because it is dirty here. Mostly lower class peoples used to involve in politics .
And most educated peoples of Bangladesh are actually pseudo educated.
And both illiterates and pseudo educateds easily can be controlled by religious and political leaders. This is over true for illiterates.
So since they can be easily controlled by ideological trap, and their vote can be robbed easily and can be bought easily too , do you still call this process is a democratic system that existed in Bangladesh?

The "greater good " elite argument at expense of democracy is a bunch of hogwash...because you need to get lucky for it to work in your environment (has there been a good authoritarian rule anywhere in South Asia for the economy?). Democracy as imperfect as it is, hedges a lot better (and people whatever their education and economic state are fair enough people to act on it electorally and pit parties against each other for delivery of what they want). Why must the bargaining power lie with political elite (who have not done anything to earn it in first place)...and not the people (who toil each day and sacrificed their blood in liberation)? @Skies

BD simply never had a good form of it...and now you have even worse system (because you are not a confucian ordered country, neither are you united where it matters if you look at the severe polarisation that is being fissured even more now)...you can watch and see for yourself....or you can believe in cookie cutter concept that princess idiots posting vegetable growing and saying 200 taka tea is the only tea worth it..... or BCL cadre emigre in UK (as @Tanveer666 says) is spouting. @bluesky

Every single issue BAL supposedly "resolved" was the simplest of simplest thing (that was artificially kept bad in first place by govt too).

When it comes to the medium level and hard level parts of economic debate/policy (to take to levels that necessarily require less govt control over important parts of society)....you will see them have next to no real answers and deflect with the usual stuff they have already started now (refer to M A Taslim article for the appetizer). Its approaching faster than you think it is....why do you think BD steadfastly stays where it is in institutional credibility, corruption and ease of doing business (whatever the govt keeps barking and braying about improving it "next year")?

Let us come back circa 2030 to analyse again.

Sure, feel free to ignore me till then. There are better members here for me to discuss things with. Its for the best.

The "greater good " elite argument at expense of democracy is a bunch of hogwash...because you need to get lucky for it to work in your environment (has there been a good authoritarian rule anywhere in South Asia for the economy?). Democracy as imperfect as it is, hedges a lot better. BD simply never had a good form of it...and now you have even worse system (because you are not a confucian ordered country, neither are you united where it matters if you look at the severe polarisation that is being fissured even more now)...you can watch and see for yourself....or you can believe in cookie cutter concept that princess idiots posting vegetable growing and saying 200 taka tea is the only tea worth it..... or BCL cadre emigre in UK (as @Tanveer666 says) is spouting. @bluesky

Every single issue BAL supposedly "resolved" was the simplest of simplest thing (that was artificially kept bad in first place by govt too).

When it comes to the medium level and hard level parts of economic debate/policy (to take to levels that necessarily require less govt control over important parts of society)....you will see them have next to no real answers and deflect with the usual stuff they have already started now (refer to M A Taslim article for the appetizer). Its approaching faster than you think it is....why do you think BD steadfastly stays where it is in institutional credibility, corruption and ease of doing business (whatever the govt keeps barking and braying about improving it "next year")?
I have no disagrment with your message. But since already AL rigged election and want to stay in power for 5 more years .
So is it not wise to discuss about it after 4 years?
Then only we can judge if they are doing good or bad, or if one party rule is better or not for Bangladesh .
They just have entered in this process decisively , so as I said lets wait and watch instead of waste our time and mind on them.
And besides, I am a supporter of democracy, so what if anyone claim that voting for one party rule is their democratic right ?
How easily we can refute them?

Ps: @all fellows please be calm and act as mature men. It's a discussion forum only so please do not make this atmosphere negative. Tolerance and respect to each others is the beauty and art of civilized peoples . Let's discuss in this way. Thanks.

Last edited:
I have no disagrment with your message. But since already AL rigged election and want to stay in power for 5 more years .
So is it not wise to discuss about it after 4 years?
Then only we can judge if they are doing good or bad, or if one party rule is better or not for Bangladesh .
They just have entree in this process, so as.i said lets wait and watch instead of waste our time and mind on them.
And besides, I am a supporter of democracy, so what if anyone claim that voting for one party rule is their democratic right ?
How easily we can refute them?

Sure I am all for discussing later...but lot of "later" discussions never materialise though heh...like Walton supposed to export this and that by now (original articles coming i 2015 when I joined here) and at 1 billion dollar level. Got pushed back 10 years now apparently, never comes up again heh.

That's why I say my piece now, and you can see for yourself later what comes true and what doesn't etc. My family themselves know what uni-party kind of rule did to TN at personal level (it was terrible!)...and the big long term benefit that happened when this party split into 2 and the 2 parts (as corrupt as they are internally) have to compete against each other for the votes (and voters care about delivery more and more, as they get used to it and desensitized to mere promises)....and they also play delicate alliance with the big national parties for federal interests etc. This is why for example Chennai got a massive number of automobile manufacturing factories, exporting worldwide (if you know the underlying reasons of the local political competition esp in the trade unions that started it all off after 1991 reforms)....because the root benefit of democracy (political competition) worked....rather than stay in stasis of license raj + political monolith era (which I am telling you go hand in glove in this region of world...just the names vary a bit). If you want something to work with just one party in power, you need a true groundwork reformer like Deng Xiaopeng period....and simply BD needs to get very lucky for that to happen (And also for all underlings to follow instructions like East Asia has with confucian ordered system...which BD again does not like because it is simply much more rancorous, noisy set of people...as we all know is a regional thing). Thats why I say democracy is really the only way....otherwise already 2 terms of stability of Haseena should have already brought the deepset reform if it is to be compared A = A with other countries in East Asia....but it has simply not happened.

I already told you what I desire for the region (leaders and politicians that serve the people) incl BD. Thats the ideal goal....but what happens in the interim is what we must all be concerned with too.

I stand by my earlier statement - an ordered, benevolent patronage (dictator is not the word) promising a stable administration with industrialist discipline (like Singapore's Lee Kuan Yew) is far better for third world countries like Bangladesh and those in the subcontinent (with a few exceptions). Look at South Korea, and better yet, the China Miracle. Which are far better systems for their electorates than the 'democratic' mess which our neighboring juggernaut is (where you can't get simple things done even in two decades, like clear an illegal Jhupdipatty).

Only after Modi discarded some of their age old bureaucratic 'democratic' shackles did India start showing signs of progress. Of course with efficiency came the accompanying evils of fascism, which we Desis can claim uniquely as our own, we did not import those from China.

Unless the voters and electorate are intellectually mature and educationally qualified enough to judge candidates in a proper democratic system (IMHO which only exists in certain Western European countries where literacy AND education levels are far higher). Imposing (I'd say forcing) democracy on electorates in the subcontinent can only be a farce (and so far has been - with varying degrees of this mockery in various Desi countries), this AL election is no lesser a farce which those in power know to be a necessary evil and spectacle.

Democracy in name only.

Back
Top Bottom