What's new

A History of Clandestine Contacts between Pakistan & Israel

zeeshan809

New Recruit

Reaction score
Since Israel's establishment in May 1948, Pakistan, being a Muslim country, has refused to establish diplomatic relations with it. The agreements that Israel signed with Egypt in 1978, the PLO in 1993, and Jordan in 1994 brought no change in Pakistan's policy. However, Israeli and Pakistani officials maintained clandestine contacts over the years.

The main reasons for Pakistan's policy toward Israel are: (1) religious solidarity with the Arab-Muslim countries; (2) fear of an adverse response by radical Islamist groups throughout the Muslim world; and (3) concern that establishing diplomatic relations with Israel may cause instability within Pakistan. Pakistan's political and military leaders have always striven to get along with its radical clergy and likely will remain committed to the country's Muslim identity. Only significant progress in relations between Israel and the Arab states could lead to a change in Pakistan's position.

Read the rest at:
Wars of the World: Pakistan and Israel

There already has been enough discussions and debate over this topic!! i suggest you browse this forum.

This lends credence to my two posts on the Arab thread which caused so much indignant umbrage to a few Pakistani members here with calls for me getting the boot and questioning the "Pakistaniyat" of this forum.

Pakistan has a complex with regards to the Arabs ..... so do most Pakistanis.

Always have ...... and unless there is a radical shift in the Pakistani identity from that of Islam before Country first ...... always will be.

Its getting boring saying "I told you so."

Cheers, Doc

Whats so shocking about it? We had been having weapons from Israel though not officialy announced but the relations have been there.

When Pakistan went nuclear, it was an Israeli paper that had supported it.

Back
Top Bottom