A Letter to all Muslim Brothers...

James David

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dear Muslims, — Medium

Dear Muslims,

I am an American, a Christian, and a US Army Soldier. I’m white, I grew up in the South, and I love Jesus, as well as the life of freedom and prosperity that my country has enabled me to have. I have fought in Iraq and lost several really good friends there.

I don’t hate you. I don’t fear you. I don’t want you to leave this country. I want to know you, your heart, your struggles, and your joys. I want to have you over to my house for barbecues. I want our children to be friends and play in the back yard together. I want you to join my fantasy football league. I want to give you crap and make fun of you for not picking Marshawn Lynch in the first round of the draft when you had the opportunity. I want you to give me crap when it turns out that you were right, because Marshawn Lynch kind of sucks this year. I want to share mutual respect with you.

We share a common enemy in the radical Islamist. They want to drive us apart and to fear each other. They want your children to grow up hating my children. They want you to believe our way of life is evil and that we must be punished for it. They produce a barrage of internet propaganda aimed at isolating your children from those not like them in an attempt to recruit them to do evil on their behalf. Every terrorist attack against innocent people in this world is an attack against peace and normalcy. It’s designed to stir a violent response from those attacked and create more hatred between “us and them.”

Sadly, it’s working. It is producing the full range of human fear responses toward Arab-looking people — from a subtle sense of suspicion and unease communicated with sideways glances at each other on the street, to full-scale Islamophobia and racism. I want to believe that we, as Christians, could follow the example of Christ and show love to you as well as your people suffering through this refugee crisis in Syria by opening our homes and communities to you. We are failing at this because of the fear and distrust our enemies are willfully creating. This growing divide between our cultures makes recruiting more disaffected Muslim youth even easier for them.

To anyone reading this letter…Christians, Muslims, Jews, Atheist, or whatever. We simply cannot let them win. We can’t allow them to make us hate each other. Fear and hate are their most effective weapons and we must neutralize them in order to break the cycle. If you truly want peace, I challenge you to befriend someone “on the other side.” Let’s have a joint Church/Mosque cookout in a park where our kids can chase each other around and argue over who gets to be Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, and Prince Hans. We need to learn about each other’s lives and differences. I believe we will find that there aren’t as many differences as one might think. We all want to make a living, raise our families in a safe place, and live in peace.

Unfortunately, there are some wolves out there that will not stop killing sheep until they are put down. Please do not blame us for using our staff to protect the flock. Please know that when it comes to terrorism, I consider all peace loving people part of the flock, regardless of race, religion, or nationality. That includes you, of course. War is hell but as Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

1*poETFlxGBsM6vqBtPAPlwg.jpeg

Me (4th from left) with Kurdish Soldiers in Iraq in 2009.
If there happen to be any Muslims reading this that have already been radicalized, I feel sorry for you. You have bought into a lie. You have been promised a glory for your actions that does not exist. We take no joy in killing you, but we will do it because you have forced our hand. We will reduce Daesh (ISIS/ISIL) to an impotent and ineffective shell of what it once was just as we have with Al Qaeda. The world will not know your names, but your families will undoubtedly mourn your loss. May God have mercy on your souls.

Respectfully,

DS

**UPDATE: Wow! I’m so humbled by how this letter has traveled around the world in the last few days. I’m receiving messages of support from every corner of the globe right now. To keep the conversation going, use the hashtag#dearmuslims and lets see how far it can go! If you are interested in my future postings, follow David Swan on Medium or @davidswan on Twitter. **

Dear Muslims, — Medium

Dear Muslims,

I am an American, a Christian, and a US Army Soldier. I’m white, I grew up in the South, and I love Jesus, as well as the life of freedom and prosperity that my country has enabled me to have. I have fought in Iraq and lost several really good friends there.

I don’t hate you. I don’t fear you. I don’t want you to leave this country. I want to know you, your heart, your struggles, and your joys. I want to have you over to my house for barbecues. I want our children to be friends and play in the back yard together. I want you to join my fantasy football league. I want to give you crap and make fun of you for not picking Marshawn Lynch in the first round of the draft when you had the opportunity. I want you to give me crap when it turns out that you were right, because Marshawn Lynch kind of sucks this year. I want to share mutual respect with you.

We share a common enemy in the radical Islamist. They want to drive us apart and to fear each other. They want your children to grow up hating my children. They want you to believe our way of life is evil and that we must be punished for it. They produce a barrage of internet propaganda aimed at isolating your children from those not like them in an attempt to recruit them to do evil on their behalf. Every terrorist attack against innocent people in this world is an attack against peace and normalcy. It’s designed to stir a violent response from those attacked and create more hatred between “us and them.”

Sadly, it’s working. It is producing the full range of human fear responses toward Arab-looking people — from a subtle sense of suspicion and unease communicated with sideways glances at each other on the street, to full-scale Islamophobia and racism. I want to believe that we, as Christians, could follow the example of Christ and show love to you as well as your people suffering through this refugee crisis in Syria by opening our homes and communities to you. We are failing at this because of the fear and distrust our enemies are willfully creating. This growing divide between our cultures makes recruiting more disaffected Muslim youth even easier for them.

To anyone reading this letter…Christians, Muslims, Jews, Atheist, or whatever. We simply cannot let them win. We can’t allow them to make us hate each other. Fear and hate are their most effective weapons and we must neutralize them in order to break the cycle. If you truly want peace, I challenge you to befriend someone “on the other side.” Let’s have a joint Church/Mosque cookout in a park where our kids can chase each other around and argue over who gets to be Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, and Prince Hans. We need to learn about each other’s lives and differences. I believe we will find that there aren’t as many differences as one might think. We all want to make a living, raise our families in a safe place, and live in peace.

Unfortunately, there are some wolves out there that will not stop killing sheep until they are put down. Please do not blame us for using our staff to protect the flock. Please know that when it comes to terrorism, I consider all peace loving people part of the flock, regardless of race, religion, or nationality. That includes you, of course. War is hell but as Edmund Burke said, “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.”

If there happen to be any Muslims reading this that have already been radicalized, I feel sorry for you. You have bought into a lie. You have been promised a glory for your actions that does not exist. We take no joy in killing you, but we will do it because you have forced our hand. We will reduce Daesh (ISIS/ISIL) to an impotent and ineffective shell of what it once was just as we have with Al Qaeda. The world will not know your names, but your families will undoubtedly mourn your loss. May God have mercy on your souls.

Respectfully,

DS

**UPDATE: Wow! I’m so humbled by how this letter has traveled around the world in the last few days. I’m receiving messages of support from every corner of the globe right now. To keep the conversation going, use the hashtag#dearmuslims and lets see how far it can go! If you are interested in my future postings, follow David Swan on Medium or @davidswan on Twitter. **
Thanks we also don't hate people of USA its some policies of USA government which most Muslims hate. Islam also strictly forbids in war we are not allowed to target civilians. Hitting civilians is cowardly action and breaks law of Islam. USA and west needs to renew its policies towards Muslims and put pressure on Israel to resolve issue of Palestine.

Dear Muslims, — Medium

Dear Muslims,

Respectfully,

DS

We dont hate you we just dont like certain destructive policies of US in our region.Killing innocent people is haram in Islam. Isis terrorists are franensteins the dictators kept bottled up and now they have unleashed themselves

Is PKK = Kurdish faction a Terrorist organization ? Just wondering what Turkey thinks about PKK

By the way you say you want to use your "staff" to protect the flock

Since when anyone gave you right to put anyone down , did Jesus came to you and said

Jaevid , boy (or david as person who wrote letter), go take you rifle and put down anyone you feel is wrong and protect the flock

That is the same argyment ISIS uses , they claim they are protecting their flock

Why don't you and ISIS just find a room and flock each other with the staff

The fact you consider yourself "As Angel" is a flawed argument because you do not see the evil in your own self !!! You think you are GOD's little angle running around protecting the world

General Wesley Clark : Your retired General says your Government created ISIS

Iraq - Libya - Syria were all peaceful stable Muslim countries YOUR government destabilized them , with their "STAFF"

Your Government - makes decisions that impacts lives if Millions , and then it has "MEMORY loss" where it forgets what it did

The US general states openly , in above video USA started this whole mess

Now , we Muslims should like take blame you are clearly delusional you created this MONSTER

Made in America Weapons , given to ISIS

Did muslim weapon companies made the weapon ? All these weapons are coming from Land of Jesus

PS: I don't recall Jesus being in any army , nor ever holding a sword nor ever killing anyone
to protect the "FLOCK"

Jesus also never said , go destabilize a government and make 1 Million refugee just to topple Leadership who is inactive person to begin with

If you say you are a GOOD man , man of JESUS , why don't you ask General Wesley clark about creation of ISIS ?

Why don't you ask your Congress for answers hey why we giving weapons to these crazies ?

Why is ISIS getting brand new weapons ? Do what GOOD men do , against evil why don't you ask that from your government you will get a quick honorable discharge in 3 days

Did Jesus said , go destroy 2-3 countries to search for WMD that do not exist ?

Of course not , Jesus was man of peace, but he also said bring justice to the peopel who do harm

So ? Why is it that people who supported Bombing Iraq for WMD are walking free in your country ?

HEY LOOK INTELLIGENCE WAS WRONG !!!! ... f....ck .... that ok I can apologize , for all the people who died in war

Saddam look safe as my GF's father , compared to god damn ISIS , but hey some folks apologized ....

"Sorry" is such a powerful .....word

What do you say James , would Jesus say ... if he throws y'all in hell after life ends one day and says Sorry you guys killed people just like ISIS by supplying them weapons
Spilling blood is work of satan , and you were part of that game global game

It would be tough justice won't it ... or what will you do tell Jesus?

No one knows why Iraq was bombed and ISIS created

santorum_of_arabia.gif

People with honor have accountability , they remorse their mistake and shed tears and regret it million times before they lift the "Staff" to flock anyone......

And yes Jesus never said go topple governments or flock anyone under my name

Last edited:
Is PKK = Kurdish faction a Terrorist organization ? Just wondering what Turkey thinks about PKK

By the way you say you want to use your "staff" to protect the flock

Since when anyone gave you right to put anyone down , did Jesus came to you and said

Jaevid , boy (or david as person who wrote letter), go take you rifle and put down anyone you feel is wrong and protect the flock

That is the same argyment ISIS uses , they claim they are protecting their flock

Why don't you and ISIS just find a room and flock each other with the staff

The fact you consider yourself "As Angel" is a flawed argument because you do not see the evil in your own self !!! You think you are GOD's little angle running around protecting the world

General Wesley Clark : Your retired General says your Government created ISIS

Iraq - Libya - Syria were all peaceful stable Muslim countries YOUR government destabilized them , with their "STAFF"

Your Government - makes decisions that impacts lives if Millions , and then it has "MEMORY loss" where it forgets what it did

The US general states openly , in above video USA started this whole mess

Now , we Muslims should like take blame you are clearly delusional you created this MONSTER

Made in America Weapons , given to ISIS

Did muslim weapon companies made the weapon ? All these weapons are coming from Land of Jesus

PS: I don't recall Jesus being in any army , nor ever holding a sword nor ever killing anyone
to protect the "FLOCK"

Jesus also never said , go destabilize a government and make 1 Million refugee just to topple Leadership who is inactive person to begin with

If you say you are a GOOD man , man of JESUS , why don't you ask General Wesley clark about creation of ISIS ?

Why don't you ask your Congress for answers hey why we giving weapons to these crazies ?

Why is ISIS getting brand new weapons ? Do what GOOD men do , against evil why don't you ask that from your government you will get a quick honorable discharge in 3 days

Did Jesus said , go destroy 2-3 countries to search for WMD that do not exist ?

Of course not , Jesus was man of peace, but he also said bring justice to the peopel who do harm

So ? Why is it that people who supported Bombing Iraq for WMD are walking free in your country ?

HEY LOOK INTELLIGENCE WAS WRONG !!!! ... f....ck .... that ok I can apologize , for all the people who died in war

Saddam look safe as my GF's father , compared to god damn ISIS , but hey some folks apologized ....

"Sorry" is such a powerful .....word

What do you say James , would Jesus say ... if he throws y'all in hell after life ends one day and says Sorry you guys killed people just like ISIS by supplying them weapons
Spilling blood is work of satan , and you were part of that game global game

It would be tough justice won't it ... or what will you do tell Jesus?

No one knows why Iraq was bombed and ISIS created

santorum_of_arabia.gif

People with honor have accountability , they remorse their mistake and shed tears and regret it million times before they lift the "Staff" to flock anyone......

And yes Jesus never said go topple governments or flock anyone under my name

@AZADPAKISTAN2009 , I did not write the letter. I just posted it BOY. Now you asked me to get my rifle? I did serve in the US ARMY for a decade the question is, did you serve with the PAKISTAN ARMY? Do not make this about politics and all that "I HATE THE USA" and about religion. Read first before commenting.

I just said the way it is , it stings , but you can ask General Wesley clark
John-Cena-Saluting-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

Go make your god proud kill some humans (Mr DS), oh wait I mean ... drop tons and tones of weapons , and try to topple governments

Soldiers of GOD never kill , they just perform collateral damage here and there , you know JESUS approved activities

PS Yes I realized later the person who wrote the letter was not you

Hey even if you kill Millions , one can always say "Sorry" as the intelligence was flawed and that resolves all problems

Its really funny all these People of "GOD" who passed these resolution to Bomb Iraq , Bomb this and that , they are all free - 300,000 + Iraq died , injured or got crippled , however the decision makers , passed legislation to give them

AMNESTY ....

How lovely ... .....................

I mean that is what I am talking about CIVILIZATION , say sorry and Love , heal every thing

Power of Love ...

I don't recall it was Muslims in America or Europe that , requested anyone to go topple any government

Iraq was 100% stable , nice stadiums , people had jobs , they had military (crappy one) but it worked they had police. People made $3,000-$4,000/ month , nice money . Free education for kids , free hospital by dictator. They had football team that played in their country

Same story in Libya and Syria , Different government yet stable countries

Now we have ISIS all due to power of love

But that AMNESTY law , that is just brilliant - how smart is that you know you will impact lives of 3 -5 Million people , just pass a law and pretend you are an "ANGEL" and say .... if we f it up .... we are not responsible

How many Radical Muslims were there in congress , when decisions were taken to Bomb Iraq

How many Radical Muslims were there in congress , when decisions were taken to Bomb Libya

How many Radical Muslims were there in congress , when decisions were taken to Bomb Syria

Best excuse in world :
Jesus will forgive me , and he wants me to use the staff on flock lol
, Jesus was never a "Soldier" nor a killer he was a savior for someone to claim a man's blood under Jesus name , I am not even going to go there

Last edited:
I just said the way it is , it stings , but you can ask General Wesley clark
John-Cena-Saluting-Wallpaper-HD.jpg

Go make your god proud kill some humans (Mr DS), oh wait I mean ... drop tons and tones of weapons , and try to topple governments

Soldiers of GOD never kill , they just perform collateral damage here and there , you know JESUS approved activities

PS Yes I realized later the person who wrote the letter was not you

Hey even if you kill Millions , one can always say "Sorry" as the intelligence was flawed and that resolves all problems

Its really funny all these People of "GOD" who passed these resolution to Bomb Iraq , Bomb this and that , they are all free - 300,000 + Iraq died , injured or got crippled , however the decision makers , passed legislation to give them

AMNESTY ....

How lovely ... .....................

I mean that is what I am talking about CIVILIZATION , say sorry and Love , heal every thing

Power of Love ...

I don't recall it was Muslims in America or Europe that , requested anyone to go topple any government

Iraq was 100% stable , nice stadiums , people had jobs , they had military (crappy one) but it worked they had police. People made $3,000-$4,000/ month , nice money . Free education for kids , free hospital by dictator. They had football team that played in their country

Same story in Libya and Syria , Different government yet stable countries

Now we have ISIS all due to power of love

But that AMNESTY law , that is just brilliant - how smart is that you know you will impact lives of 3 -5 Million people , just pass a law and pretend you are an "ANGEL" and say .... if we f it up .... we are not responsible

How many Radical Muslims were there in congress , when decisions were taken to Bomb Iraq

How many Radical Muslims were there in congress , when decisions were taken to Bomb Libya

How many Radical Muslims were there in congress , when decisions were taken to Bomb Syria

Best excuse in world :
Jesus will forgive me , and he wants me to use the staff on flock lol
, Jesus was never a "Soldier" nor a killer he was a savior for someone to claim a man's blood under Jesus name , I am not even going to go there

I wont go to an argument with you brother. I have served with the US Army and I am proud of it. I had the honor of serving with two of my closest buddies in the same Battalion. Both are Pakistani descent. Both are MUSLIMS. I left the service, they are still serving. I thank God they do not think the way you do. :usflag::pakistan:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom