What's new

A new Huawei phone has defeated US chip sanctions against China

The first one is always the hardest, once you are on the right track and get the hang of it, it'll be much more easier.

The problem is in the technical.

China's 7mn is using DUV technology trick, and at max DUV can only reach 7mn using a trick.

But I don't think it will able to pass 7mn to 5mn.

Unless China's EUV research make a big progress.

I know..because many people don't trust the quality of Chinese EVs.

Imagine paying 2x more for a 10% increase in quality. Lolololol

The problem is in the technical.

China's 7mn is using DUV technology trick, and at max DUV can only reach 7mn using a trick.

But I don't think it will able to pass 7mn to 5mn.

Unless China's EUV research make a big progress.

People said we won't be able to make aero engines, stealth fighters too.

Imagine being Chinese and seeing your comrades eager to pay that 2x for so many Tesla Model Y's it becomes the 4th or 5th best selling car model overall in China for 2022 (and that includes gasoline car sales too 😱). :enjoy:
Why not since they are made in China and depend completely on the Chinese supply chain, pay Chinese workers and technicians.

It's just a temporary win.

China still needs to climb the ladder to release 5mn, 3mn, 2mn, and 1mn chips.

At minimum in the end of the year China should release 5mn chip.
The first one is always the hardest, once you are on the right track and get the hang of it, it'll be much more easier.
the win here is they were able to beat america to 7nm

if america wants to get back on track they need to fire the indian cabal at intel

Imagine paying 2x more for a 10% increase in quality. Lolololol

People said we won't be able to make aero engines, stealth fighters too.

What I want to say, the effort of producing 5mn chip compared with 7mn chip is bigger, not smaller.

Because it must use different technic that China is not yet mastered, unlike DUV.

Yes, China one day will able to make 5mn chip.

But it will take longer.

What I want to say, the effort of producing 5mn chip compared with 7mn chip is bigger, not smaller.

Because it must use different technic that China is not yet mastered, unlike DUV.

Yes, China one day will able to make 5mn chip.

But it will take longer.
LoL. 3 years later Kirin will be fabbed with EUV. Meanwhile HUAWEI hasnt even started using stacking tricks...

Why not since they are made in China and depend completely on the Chinese supply chain, pay Chinese workers and technicians.

Well I have no problem with Westerners being the higher up brains and the Chinese being the workers. But it sort of reminds me of colonialism in Africa. Ah well. Lets hope all companies in China end up like this if you think this is fine.

Because they can follow in the footsteps of giants I guess.
More like being allowed to produce second class chips for commercial use while the West makes superior cutting edge one.

SMIC is not even a serious contender in the microprocessor business. TSMC & Samsung being the leader in the business.

Also Apple control 90% of 3nm.

More like being allowed to produce second class chips for commercial use while the West makes superior cutting edge one.

SMIC is not even a serious contender in the microprocessor business. TSMC & Samsung being the leader in the business.

Also Apple control 90% of 3nm.

The question is why are they even trying to follow. Shouldn't they be investing in something revolutionary that surpasses the integrated circuit.

It's just a temporary win.

China still needs to climb the ladder to release 5mn, 3mn, 2mn, and 1mn chips.

At minimum in the end of the year China should release 5mn chip.
Not really
China will do fine even if it produces 7nm chips

But there are other things to consider like can it locally produce tools for 7nm fabrication, what's the yield of this fabrication and what's its status in chip design

For military purposes even a 200nm chip is good

It's important for cellphone and commercial market but that's not a national security issue, China will have access to snapdragon chips ..as most revenues come from china..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom