What's new

A question regarding the rank of Army Genral

CaPtAiN_pLaNeT

Reaction score
Can any one tell me in Bangladesh is the position of Army general is equal to the minister of state or deputy minister as this position is 2 rank above the position of secretary which is equal to the major general rank...?

If I recall correctly Chief of Army enjoys equivalent status of cabinet secretary or principal secretary. And cabinet secretary warrant of precedence is one position below deputy minister.

In the Pak Army, there are many cases where officers are not promoted to higher ranks due to favoritism and politics. The senior command may find it very easy to sign a decision over their files but it severely affects the lifestyles and future of a family and its generations to come. This is no new topic, there have been countless such incidents where Merit was overtaken by personal relation and liking for a senior promotion. Why doesn't the senior command have a transparent criteria set for a promotion from Brigadier to Maj-Gen level? What special analytical skills are required to decide the fate of a handful of selected people? If a person has met all the criteria, but was unfortunate enough for not being able to play golf with a corp commander, or his children were not best friends with the commander's children. Only recently I jut came across such a case, where the officer was a fellow deserving a 2 star promotion but was superseded by his junior who was famous in the corp for manipulation and politics. Why wasn't merit truly considered here?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom