What's new

Abdul Sattar Edhi - Mother Theresa of Pakistan

voiceofaa

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
To many he's the Mother Theresa of Pakistan. Every day Sattar Edhi collects the dead from the streets of Karachi for burial.

Around him, one of the world's biggest cities is descending into chaos. Edhi's massive graveyard outside Karachi looks like a war cemetery. In a back street police pick up yet another victim although there is little hope of catching his murderers. Karachi's economy is fuelled by drug dealing, gun running and bribery. It's a black joke that when the police hear gunfire, they run in the opposite direction. A millionaire businessman has developed Karachi's only computerised investigation system to try to control crime. But avoiding the battlegrounds is becoming more difficult. We follow one injured woman to hospital where there's little hope of saving her life. Small businesses and shops are too afraid to open and it's difficult to sell anything legal. For many of Karachi's orphans Sattar Edhi is their only hope.

[YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect and admire Adus Sattar Edhi very much. I think he is doing a fantastic job for the humanity in Pakistan.

Since I am nearing my retirement age and saving up for when I would have no income; I am not very generous. However, Edhi Trust is the only charity to which I contribute regularly. Edhi Trust dont care whether you are man or a women, old or young, muslim or infidel. This angel of a man would reach out and help you. It is an insult to compare Abdus Sattar Edhi to Mother Teresa. Edhi's achievements are far greater. I have seen his centre for the abondoned children in Karachi and if anyone deserves to go to heaven in Pakistan; it is Mr Abdus Sattar Edhi.:tup:

Just bought the September issue of National Geographic titled "Islams Fault line- Pakistan"

Edhi is the diamond in the rough that is Pakistan.

I fully intend to donate to his foundation.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom